Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Traveling Domestically with expired I-94 (out of status)

Wikiposts

Traveling Domestically with expired I-94 (out of status)

Old May 23rd 2005, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

AGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the rough
Arrow Re: Traveling Domestically with expired I-94 (out of status)

Originally Posted by SteveUKNJ
I've flown about 10 times since my I-94 expired - I wasn't questioned once about it.

I always checked in online so I had my boarding pass with me when I arrived at the airport - this bypassed check-in clerks- if I had baggage, my companion checked it in on their ticket. After that you only have to go through security checkpoints and these security staff are only interested about what you are taking on board the aircraft and if the name on your boarding pass matches the name on your ID.

You'll be nervous travelling but you'll be fine.
Thank you very much for your response.
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:58 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all
Default Re: Traveling Domestically with expired I-94 (out of status)

Originally Posted by SteveUKNJ
I've flown about 10 times since my I-94 expired - I wasn't questioned once about it.

I always checked in online so I had my boarding pass with me when I arrived at the airport - this bypassed check-in clerks- if I had baggage, my companion checked it in on their ticket. After that you only have to go through security checkpoints and these security staff are only interested about what you are taking on board the aircraft and if the name on your boarding pass matches the name on your ID.

You'll be nervous travelling but you'll be fine.
VERY silly advice.. just because you have been lucky does not mean it will be fine. On my last trip back to Ireland I chatted with another Irish person in Chicago airport, they were laughing about how EVERY time they travel they get pulled over for the random check.

Random check could mean deportation for someone out of status.

I would not fly if I was out of status.

Patrick