Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Traveling for business after I-751 Approval

Traveling for business after I-751 Approval

Old Sep 24th 2005, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Traveling for business after I-751 Approval

So, good news abounds today. Not only did Greg get approved for his 10 year Green Card, but he also got a promotion at work!

Anyway, our concern is this: it states on the letter, "do not travel outside of the United States unless you receive a passport endoresement, etc." Well, Greg was scheduled to go to Canada for his company next Thursday (part of the new job, kind of important)- should we rush an appointment to get him a stamp to allow him to travel? Or willl he be able to use the letter previously sent to us (we used this when we traveled to Canada recently, but had not received this approval letter yet)? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 2:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traveling for business after I-751 Approval

Originally Posted by beyness
So, good news abounds today. Not only did Greg get approved for his 10 year Green Card, but he also got a promotion at work!

Anyway, our concern is this: it states on the letter, "do not travel outside of the United States unless you receive a passport endoresement, etc." Well, Greg was scheduled to go to Canada for his company next Thursday (part of the new job, kind of important)- should we rush an appointment to get him a stamp to allow him to travel? Or willl he be able to use the letter previously sent to us (we used this when we traveled to Canada recently, but had not received this approval letter yet)? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, get the stamp in his passport before he leaves and while there apply for the new green card.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

This is a difficult question to answer. If he MUST travel and you don't hae the newest proof of LPR, perhaps, and I mean the perhaps, he might want to take a completed I-193 and appropriate filing fee with him.

Does he have a I-551 card and the 751 receipt notice extending his card valiity for the year?

This one makes me nervous.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 3:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

T,
in my post about our stamping experience, I noted how surprised I was at how easy it was for me to get an InfoPass appt. in POO.
Once there, the whole procedure won't take more than an hour.. I suggest Greg get downtown and get the passport stamp. There's a photo office across the street where he can get his snaps.

At the appointment, they'll take his old card and stamp his passport for travel. He's got time to make it.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

This is a difficult question to answer. If he MUST travel and you don't hae the newest proof of LPR, perhaps, and I mean the perhaps, he might want to take a completed I-193 and appropriate filing fee with him.

Does he have a I-551 card and the 751 receipt notice extending his card valiity for the year?

This one makes me nervous.
I don't understand what you are saying but I would very much like to as we need to file to remove conditions for my husband soon. If the OP does have his 2-year, now-expired green card, as well as the 751 receipt notice extending his card validity for one year, and it is still within that one year extension, would he be OK to travel? Is it just not OK for the OP to travel if it's after the one-year extension, unless he goes and gets a new stamp?
Old Sep 26th 2005, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
T,
in my post about our stamping experience, I noted how surprised I was at how easy it was for me to get an InfoPass appt. in POO.
Once there, the whole procedure won't take more than an hour.. I suggest Greg get downtown and get the passport stamp. There's a photo office across the street where he can get his snaps.

At the appointment, they'll take his old card and stamp his passport for travel. He's got time to make it.
Thanks M. I got him an appointment on Wed morning at 8:30 am and he leaves Thursday! I told him to tell them the situation and he should get the stamp in his passport so he will be able to travel. And we went in on Saturday and got his photos at that exact place (same place we got his photos for the conditional card as well!). I love Portland... it's going smoothly so far.

Thanks again everyone for the advice. Hopefully this will go well and I won't have to ask 100 more questions. I cannot tell you what peace of mind this board has given me throughout this entire process! THANK YOU!
Old Sep 26th 2005, 10:14 pm
Uk~USA

my UK hub went to the local office and got his passport stamped, also
they told him he could use the "letter" he recieved