Wikiposts

Travel WITHIN the US

Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:05 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel WITHIN the US

Hi, all.

I'm off to Oklahoma in June for Corey's uncle's wedding, and I just wanted to pick a few brains to see what kind of experiences people had travelling within the US without Advance Parole. I'll be taking my passport as well as my driver's license, naturally, but did anyone take anything else with them, like your AOS receipts, etc? The last thing I want is hassle at the airport, so any input to help me get prepared would be great.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice
Default Re: Travel WITHIN the US

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Hi, all.

I'm off to Oklahoma in June for Corey's uncle's wedding, and I just wanted to pick a few brains to see what kind of experiences people had travelling within the US without Advance Parole. I'll be taking my passport as well as my driver's license, naturally, but did anyone take anything else with them, like your AOS receipts, etc? The last thing I want is hassle at the airport, so any input to help me get prepared would be great.

Kate. xxxxx
You don't need advance parole to travel within the US. The airline only wants identification. There are many millions of US citizens that don't have passports. You need picture identification that's all!
Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:18 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, all.

Kate. xxxxx

Kate, honey. Why would you need A/P to travel within the US? The last I saw not only is OK still a state of the union, you don't have to fly to a foreign country first to get to it.

No there is nothing you have to bring with you other than photo identification to satisfy the airline that you are the person who is named on the ticket.

You are a sweetie ;-)

Rete
Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:25 am
Jim Battista

katesuiter1 <member6776@british_expats.com> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I'm off to Oklahoma in June for Corey's uncle's wedding, and I
    > just wanted to pick a few brains to see what kind of experiences
    > people had travelling within the US without Advance Parole.

You don't need AP to travel within the US.

You'll need some manner of ID -- your passport is fine -- to clear
security at the airport.

You might as well bring a photocopy of your AOS receipt, tucked into
your passport. If you somehow end up getting pulled over by cops or
otherwise arrested, it can't hurt to have evidence of being in
status.

If you're just flying into OKC, you shouldn't expect to see INS
anywhere. There are a few internal INS checkpoints, but they're all
nestled in along the border with Mexico in places like Alamogordo and
Tombstone.

--
Jim Battista
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, all.

Kate. xxxxx
Your driver's license will suffice Kate. You won't need anything else. As Alison mentioned, I think only about 10% of USC's actually have a passport, the rest of us use our driver's license as ID.

Have fun in OK! Hope it won't be too hot!

Cheers,
Jamie
Old Apr 19th 2004, 2:56 am

Originally posted by Rete
Kate, honey. Why would you need A/P to travel within the US? The last I saw not only is OK still a state of the union, you don't have to fly to a foreign country first to get to it.

No there is nothing you have to bring with you other than photo identification to satisfy the airline that you are the person who is named on the ticket.

You are a sweetie ;-)

Rete
I knew that the A/P was only for international travel, but I just wanted to make sure I didn't have any hassles at the airport by only taking my d/l or passport. Ever since this process started, I've developed paranoia on a major level!!

Thanks for the advice, all.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Apr 19th 2004, 3:29 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I knew that the A/P was only for international travel, but I just wanted to make sure I didn't have any hassles at the airport by only taking my d/l or passport. Ever since this process started, I've developed paranoia on a major level!!

Thanks for the advice, all.

Kate. xxxxx

Healthy paranoia is great to have in all situations. You are exhibiting borderline paranoia ... said with running shoes on and a 500 yard headstart from Kate.

Rete
Old Apr 19th 2004, 3:44 am

Healthy paranoia is great to have in all situations. You are exhibiting borderline paranoia ... said with running shoes on and a 500 yard headstart from Kate.

Rete

Hehehe!!! I won't disagree that it's a healthy thing to have. It keeps me vigilant! Although it can cause sporadic eye-twitches from time to time!!!

Kate. xxxx
Old Apr 19th 2004, 3:46 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Just sing these words at the airport ...

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow
There's a bright golden haze on the meadow
The corn is as high as an elephant's eye,
An' it looks like it's climbin' clear up to the sky.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 4:30 am
round 2, ding-ding.

tortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nice

i just got back from oklahoma without a hitch :)

i too was pretty paranoid before i left. i knew i didn't have to take anything with me (like my receipts) but just the feeling of handing over my passport with its little green slip poking out was enough to bring me out in a sweat.

silly, but very understandable.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 4:33 am
Concierge

Originally posted by tortoise
i just got back from oklahoma without a hitch

i too was pretty paranoid before i left. i knew i didn't have to take anything with me (like my receipts) but just the feeling of handing over my passport with its little green slip poking out was enough to bring me out in a sweat.

silly, but very understandable.

What little green slip?
Old Apr 19th 2004, 4:35 am
round 2, ding-ding.

tortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nice

What little green slip?
my I-94.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

my I-94.
You don't need to leave this in the passport - put it in a safe place for when you need it.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:18 am
round 2, ding-ding.

Originally posted by AlisonPA
You don't need to leave this in the passport - put it in a safe place for when you need it.
i think i'd rather leave it there and get myself a colorado id, which i can do without an SSN. i should get onto that.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

After making a clear copy we stapled ours into the passport so as not to lose it. I lost my I-94 in Aruba after working there for near a year.

i think i'd rather leave it there and get myself a colorado id, which i can do without an SSN. i should get onto that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.