Reload this Page >

Travel to US on Esta now while waiting for the interview

Travel to US on Esta now while waiting for the interview

Old May 14th 2020, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Blanca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel to US on Esta now while waiting for the interview

Hello!
Do you think it's a good idea to travel to see my hubby (US citizen) for a few weeks now while waiting for things here to go back to normal? I still have my ESTA valid for a few months and I understand that as a spouse of US citizen I am allowed to travel from UK to US? We are waiting for our application to be checked and for the interview&medical to be scheduled etc.(in London) Has anyone married to US citizen travelled to any of the states during the last few weeks?
Old May 14th 2020, 3:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel to US on Esta now while waiting for the interview

Originally Posted by Blanca
..... Do you think it's a good idea to travel to see my hubby (US citizen) for a few weeks now while waiting for things here to go back to normal? ...
No. There are going to be a number of steps in such a journey where SD is going to be difficult or impossible, and a number of people, through ignorance or contrariness are going to break/ not comply with the rules, which in any case are bare minimum requirements and "more is better" (6ft SD might be advised, but 20ft would be better, and just staying home would be the ideal anyway), so the less you travel the less risk you put yourself in.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 14th 2020 at 3:33 pm.
Old May 14th 2020, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Ann257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blanca
Hello!
Do you think it's a good idea to travel to see my hubby (US citizen) for a few weeks now while waiting for things here to go back to normal? I still have my ESTA valid for a few months and I understand that as a spouse of US citizen I am allowed to travel from UK to US? We are waiting for our application to be checked and for the interview&medical to be scheduled etc.(in London) Has anyone married to US citizen travelled to any of the states during the last few weeks?
whilst your application is in, it is advised that you do not travel to the USA. Must be really hard I know but not worth risking all the time it’s taken to get this far. Am sure things will move quickly once everything reopens
Old May 14th 2020, 3:45 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ecautions.html

2 weeks of quarantine?
NO... just because you are allowed to travel, doesn't mean you should. Do you think it is safer to travel now than it was in Mid-March when there were actually fewer coronavirus cases? There's no way I'd get on a plane with a whole load of people from one of the most infected places on the planet. Never mind, all these infected people going into the same 13 airports from all over the world .

"The restrictions are being eased up because there's room for you in the ICU".

Old May 14th 2020, 4:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ann257
whilst your application is in, it is advised that you do not travel to the USA. ....
Pre covid-19 that would not have been a problem at all - is that what you're saying, that (you think) it wasn't previously OK?
Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
..... "The restrictions are being eased up because there's room for you in the ICU".
That is obvious to me, but unfortunately that message is not getting through at all!

Last edited by Pulaski; May 14th 2020 at 4:07 pm.
Old May 14th 2020, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Isnt there a 60 Day Travel Ban on anyone except USC entering USA. Or doesnt that matter if coming from UK? Is this ban lifted?
Old May 14th 2020, 5:33 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
Isnt there a 60 Day Travel Ban on anyone except USC entering USA. Or doesnt that matter if coming from UK? Is this ban lifted?
spouses/kids of USC are allowed to enter.
Old May 14th 2020, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ecautions.html

2 weeks of quarantine?
NO... just because you are allowed to travel, doesn't mean you should. Do you think it is safer to travel now than it was in Mid-March when there were actually fewer coronavirus cases? There's no way I'd get on a plane with a whole load of people from one of the most infected places on the planet. Never mind, all these infected people going into the same 13 airports from all over the world .

"The restrictions are being eased up because there's room for you in the ICU".
That’s the perfect way to put it about the room in the ICU. I don’t think our politicians and most of our citizens are thinking of it in those terms, but they should.
Old May 14th 2020, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

spouses/kids of USC are allowed to enter.
Apologies I did not read your OP correctly.

Good luck.
Old May 16th 2020, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Charsam30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes you can travel, but like others have noted you might want to reconsider due to Covid 19.
Old Jun 24th 2020, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Stetub is an unknown quantity at this point

Keeping an eye on this post as I am still in my K1 Visa process and its been going on since Sept 2019 and still in US. Was planning to do early honeymoon in April then moved it to November and not sure if I can travel yet, but will be on ESTA whilst still waiting on K1 process.
Old Jun 24th 2020, 9:41 pm

.... just because you are allowed to travel, doesn't mean you should. ....
Same for "visiting a restaurant", which inevitably means being maskless, or for that matter "being 7, or even 8 feet, from somone else". It annoys the he11 out of me that people seem to be treating 6ft as a goal, not a minimum - 6ft reduces the risk, but 8ft would be better, and 10ft better still.

In short, SD and masks are to help mitigate risk, they don't eliminate the risk, and if you do one, it doesn't mean the other is unnecessary - doing both (SD and a mask) is better, but "staying home" is much better still!
Old Jun 24th 2020, 10:20 pm
Austin. TX.

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Same for "visiting a restaurant", which inevitably means being maskless, or for that matter "being 7, or even 8 feet, from somone else". It annoys the he11 out of me that people seem to be treating 6ft as a goal, not a minimum - 6ft reduces the risk, but 8ft would be better, and 10ft better still.

In short, SD and masks are to help mitigate risk, they don't eliminate the risk, and if you do one, it doesn't mean the other is unnecessary - doing both (SD and a mask) is better, but "staying home" is much better still!

I read last week that the majority of the new explosion of cases in Austin had been traced back to 7/8 bars/restaurants in the downtown area on the first weekend they opened.
Now, bars in Texas are having their licenses revoked for a month if the owners don't enforce social distancing/numbers in group/mask wearing.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 11:21 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to refrain from commenting on this one since the last time I did I was told that I was being 'mean'
Old Jun 25th 2020, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Blanca is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

I am still here in the UK and my husband is in Arizona. I still haven't travelled to see him on my ESTA (it was me who started this thread). We are still waiting to have our documents reviewed by NVC and waiting for our interview here in London. It's very frustrating I must admit because the last time I saw my hubby was on Jan 8th. It's difficult and yesterday we had quite an emotional conversation on Skype... we are desperate to see each other and have no clue what to do because we have no idea how long it's going to take for the interview to happen finally. Do you think all what's going on now in the US (with visas etc) will slow down the process for us (because they will have less funds and less staff?) or actually speed it up (because they will not have to process those other types of visas and will have more time to focus on marriage visas instead?)
Another question is does my husband need to stay in his current job (because that's the job that's stated on I864) or can he switch jobs? and if he switches jobs are we going to need new i864?
We also used his 2018 tax return as the most recent one for our application but now he already has his 2019 tax return ready (which is below the poverty line but he has got more that 3 times the missing amount in savings) do you think they will ask for his 2019 tax return at the time of interview and evidence of funds (to cover the difference)? I have no idea now what to expect and whether maybe they will be more strict during the interview (whenever that will actually be! This year??) It all just makes us so sad that we can't see each other and have no clue when we are actually going to be together 😪

Last edited by Blanca; Jun 25th 2020 at 12:00 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.