Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Travel outside of the US - K1

Wikiposts

Travel outside of the US - K1

Old May 11th 2004, 9:04 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travel outside of the US - K1

I came in on a K1 visa, married and I am in the middle of preparing my AOS papers, having just received my marriage cert.

I've had some very bad news from home. A very close relative has been in a car accident and is critically ill. Obviously I'd like to be able to go back to the UK to visit her but am a bit stuck.

Boston is my local office and they have now switched over to NBC for all AOS paperwork including the AP. Does anyone have any ideas or should I just give up on the idea of being able to go back for now?
Old May 11th 2004, 9:11 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel outside of the US - K1

Originally posted by Polaris_x
I hate to say it, but unless you have that AP, you'll not be let back into the U.S.
I'm going to try Boston as well tomorrow. Having just spoken to the hospital I think unless I get back to London by the end of the week, I'll be too late.

I also found out that my dog who I had to leave behind just died too.
Old May 11th 2004, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Originally posted by sibsie
I'm going to try Boston as well tomorrow. Having just spoken to the hospital I think unless I get back to London by the end of the week, I'll be too late.

I also found out that my dog who I had to leave behind just died too.
Sorry to hear your sad news. But don't leave the US without your AP as you know the consequences.
Old May 11th 2004, 9:21 am
C.G.D.S

This is one thing I'll have to agree with AlisonPA on. You'll forfeit everything up to this point. Leaving the U.S. while on a K1 without the AP is a BIG "no no".
I know. I'm going to try to get all my paperwork done tonight and take it in to Boston tomorrow, on the offchance they can do anything to help with AP.
Old May 11th 2004, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

This is one thing I'll have to agree with AlisonPA on.(
Old May 11th 2004, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

I know. I'm going to try to get all my paperwork done tonight and take it in to Boston tomorrow, on the offchance they can do anything to help with AP.
I guess anything is possible. I hope you get someone sympathetic.
Old May 11th 2004, 10:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, sibsie. Boston is humantarian and might give you a one month A/P to visit your friend and attend the funeral if it comes to that. Take all your written communication as to her accident and prognosis and see what can be done. Remember to take another A/P (I-131) with you and another set of photos and stress to them that you only want a one trip, short duration A/P.

Rete
Old May 11th 2004, 11:17 am
C.G.D.S

Thanks for the advice Rete. I asked the hospital to fax me something to take along. By the time I heard the news it was late at night there but hopefully I'll have something by the morning from them. It's my aunt and Godmother so I'd very much like to be able to see her.
Old May 11th 2004, 11:40 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sorry to hear the bad news Sibs, both about your dog and your aunt.

I really hope you can get it sorted out and get back to see her. I'll have my fingers crossed and will be thinking of ya tomorrow.

Take care

Tam
Old May 11th 2004, 2:01 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I came in on a K1 visa, married and I am in the middle of preparing my AOS papers, having just received my marriage cert.

I've had some very bad news from home. A very close relative has been in a car accident and is critically ill. Obviously I'd like to be able to go back to the UK to visit her but am a bit stuck.

Boston is my local office and they have now switched over to NBC for all AOS paperwork including the AP. Does anyone have any ideas or should I just give up on the idea of being able to go back for now?
Oh my gosh girlie!!
What a terrible thing to happen!!
Aww ((Sibsie)) here is a hug.. would you please get on messenger?
If there is anything I can do let me know!!
I hope you get the AP!!
Love you!!!