Travel Document and EAD

Wikiposts

Travel Document and EAD

Old Jan 12th 2010, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Lil_Didi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel Document and EAD

Hi guys,

I am British and am married to my American husband .
One of our checks bounced for the payment of our I-130 and as a result our filing date for AOS was readjusted to November 5th. I know that I have to wait 90 days from that date till I get my EAD but I was wondering if it is also 90 days for the I-131 travel document ? (which I applied for with I-130).
Do you think the check bouncing may cause the wait for both EAD and I-131 to exceed 90 days?

Appreciate any advice.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 12:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Document and EAD

You didn't apply for an EAD (I-765) or advance parole (I-131) with the I-130. Those petitions are based on the I-485. If your check was bounced and your new date is November 5, 2009 then you count from that date onward.

Have you received your notice for biometrics yet?
Old Jan 12th 2010, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

I had my biometrics at the end of October last year.
Thanks for clarifying that the EAD and AP are based on I-485.

I just checked my I-485 status online actually and it said that they received the response for request for evidence December 16th and that I should receive an update/decision within 60 days.
Does that effect how soon I will receive my AP?
How long does the AP usually take? Does it necessarily come with the EAD?
I have been waiting just over 60 days for both?

My I765 and I131 are shown online to be at initial review stage but my I-485 is at the request for evidence stage.
I kind of figured they would be at the same stage since they are based on I-485???
Is the online case status even accurate?

Thanks so much
Old Jan 12th 2010, 1:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

1. The EAD and the AP do not arrive together.

2. It typically takes about 60 days to get AP in hand.

3. It typically takes about 90 days to get EAD in hand.

4. If you have an RFE on your case, those processing dates can get extended.

5. The online case status is sometimes accurate, sometimes not.

Rene
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks,

Guess I have to just play the waiting game.
On what grounds can your AP be expedited?

Last edited by Lil_Didi; Jan 12th 2010 at 2:19 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lil_Didi
On what grounds can your AP be expedited?
Almost none...but...

Perhaps if you had an immediate relative who is dying, you can try bringing proof in person and ask for an expedited AP. Bring doctor's report, hospital report, letters from the doctor stating how much time he/she has left, etc.

Otherwise, for any other reason, I'd say impossible.

Rene
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, thanks for the info.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 3:01 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

L_D,

Only to the extent that if the adjustment of status is approved before the advance parole is approved then the advance parole may never be approved, because it will no longer be applicable to you.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Lil_Didi
I just checked my I-485 status online actually and it said that they received the response for request for evidence December 16th and that I should receive an update/decision within 60 days.
Does that effect how soon I will receive my AP?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Got it.
Thanks Jeff.