Wikiposts

Travel agents

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Maggiecoke is just really niceMaggiecoke is just really niceMaggiecoke is just really niceMaggiecoke is just really niceMaggiecoke is just really niceMaggiecoke is just really niceMaggiecoke is just really niceMaggiecoke is just really niceMaggiecoke is just really niceMaggiecoke is just really nice
Default Travel agents

Hi

I just wondered if there were any Old Travel agents out there. Why am I asking...

I used to work for Thomas Cook, I still have my old Travel Agents Travel Club card. I am flying with B.A back to England on the 19th November and wanted to see if anyone has successfully used there cards to get anything free? Maybe even an upgrade?

Would it be wrong of me to put the card in my wallet were the picture is meant to be so the check in people "accidently" see it?

Do you think I would get in trouble using the card as I am no longer a travel agent?
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

memiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nice
Default Re: Travel agents

I am a travel agent but unfortunately, in The Netherlands cards like that don't give you anything extra with airlines (at least, I've never noticed it).
You could always try though. Don't know if there's an expiration date on it or not but if not....if it's in your wallet and someone happened to see it and gives you an upgrade, lucky you!

EDIT: Just an additional note: I'm not saying do something illegal but this seems more to come down to luck than anything else

Last edited by memiek; Nov 2nd 2008 at 8:05 pm. Reason: Additional note
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maggiecoke
Hi

I just wondered if there were any Old Travel agents out there. Why am I asking...

I used to work for Thomas Cook, I still have my old Travel Agents Travel Club card. I am flying with B.A back to England on the 19th November and wanted to see if anyone has successfully used there cards to get anything free? Maybe even an upgrade?

Would it be wrong of me to put the card in my wallet were the picture is meant to be so the check in people "accidently" see it?

Do you think I would get in trouble using the card as I am no longer a travel agent?

hardly any travel agents around here, no use for them any more tbh. try using your card, BA can only refuse.....enjoy your trip
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:35 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maggiecoke
Hi

Good luck-I'm an "old travel agent"-started 25 years ago. I tried upgrading on a BA flight at the gate some years back and was told that I should have contacted the BA sales rep prior to the flight.

Delta, which we sell A LOT said 5 years ago no more TA upgrades, even from SAV to ATL, a 37 minute flight.......
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:42 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hardly any travel agents around here, no use for them any more tbh.
One thing I have noticed though is that the folks with money, and I mean money who can't or don't want to be bothered with going online are happy to use travel agents.

Others that still (thank goodness) will use an agent are people who are computer illiterate or someone who would rather use a "real person."
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:47 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cindyabs
One thing I have noticed though is that the folks with money, and I mean money who can't or don't want to be bothered with going online are happy to use travel agents.

Others that still (thank goodness) will use an agent are people who are computer illiterate or someone who would rather use a "real person."
that's true, esp the older folks.

my husband uses one when making multi stops but in general there are not the travel agents around as there used to be since the advent of the pc.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 2:05 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm illiterate, does that count for free anything?

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:18 am
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by TruBrit
that's true, esp the older folks.

my husband uses one when making multi stops but in general there are not the travel agents around as there used to be since the advent of the pc.
Yes corporate travel is still geared towards using an agent or agencies, because of the complexity of the travel involved in many cases. Plus corporate travelers like TLC on seat assignments etc.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

And some of us have always used a travel agent and like to stick with what they know.

The 3 times I have had to return to the UK in an emergency it has been a local agent that has always got me a great deal and a flight asap.

for TA's