Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Tracy_UK's I-864 questions

Tracy_UK's I-864 questions

Old Dec 26th 2011, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really nice
Default Re: Tracy_UK's I-864 questions

Thank you everyone, I'll let you know what did arrive on Wednesday and what transpired.

Cheers,

Tracy
Old Dec 28th 2011, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really nice

Evening Folks. Just an update! Hubby is now in possession of his IR-1 Visa YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. It came today in the large white plastic bag. Inside was the all important do not open/tamper/destroy large white envelope and his passport with the Visa inside dated Dec 22, 2011 and is valid until June 21, 2012. Also a letter to all new immigrants stating what needs to be done, now, and upon arrival in the USA. We can now set the ball in motion for our journey to Florida .

Neighbour did say the courier asked for my husband ID plus his own.

We
Old Dec 29th 2011, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

CAProgrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by little-evo
They did actually ask for ID when they delivered it last week at 8:45pm!
I said i did not have any photo ID, the only photo ID i had was my passport which was inside the big plastic envelope, they allowed me to open it and show my Id to sign for the package!
At least this courier was doing his/her job, the ones that just leave it with someone without asking for identification get on my nerves.

My wife and I were waiting for an important package which was sent from the USA requiring a signature. We waited 3 weeks then tried tracking it online and contacted our local post office in the UK who claimed it had been delivered 2 weeks earlier and that it had been "signed for". We told them that we had not signed for it, and demanded to know where they had delivered it. They just kept saying "it has been delivered and signed for", we could see the electronic signature online which was just a scrawl and didn't really have anybody's name, but they don't even track which address they actually delivered the package to.

Finally, I had to go to all the apartments in my building and knock on people's doors to ask if they received a package mailed to us (a process that took 3 days because people weren't at home, didn't answer their door, etc). We finally found that one of our neighbours who we do not know had been given the package and they hadn't even tried to deliver it to us..... *end of rant*
Old Dec 29th 2011, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

CAProgrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tracy_UK
Evening Folks. Just an update! Hubby is now in possession of his IR-1 Visa YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. It came today in the large white plastic bag. Inside was the all important do not open/tamper/destroy large white envelope and his passport with the Visa inside dated Dec 22, 2011 and is valid until June 21, 2012. Also a letter to all new immigrants stating what needs to be done, now, and upon arrival in the USA. We can now set the ball in motion for our journey to Florida .

Neighbour did say the courier asked for my husband ID plus his own.

We
Congratulations!