Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Tracy_UK's I-864 questions

Tracy_UK's I-864 questions

Old Nov 23rd 2011, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really nice
Default Re: Tracy_UK's I-864 questions

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I would send in a copy of the original refusal (not the original). I wouldn't bother sending in a new I-864 from yourself, since the ConOff was pretty specific about getting a joint sponsor, that is what she's expecting to see.

Rene
Thanks Rene. That's what we'll be doing then. I have the letter already copied and posted to my bulletin board just waiting for the info from my BIL after Christmas. However I just thought of something, come January would'nt there be a new set of Poverty Guidelines.

Poverty Guidelines really don't change that much does it? Am I still to use the 2011 guidelines because that is when our refusal is from?

God willing there'll be no problems this time.

In the meantime.... Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Last edited by Tracy_UK; Nov 23rd 2011 at 5:36 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

krazstir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tracy_UK
Thanks Rene. That's what we'll be doing then. I have the letter already copied and posted to my bulletin board just waiting for the info from my BIL after Christmas. However I just thought of something, come January would'nt there be a new set of Poverty Guidelines.

Poverty Guidelines really don't change that much does it? Am I still to use the 2011 guidelines because that is when our refusal is from?

God willing there'll be no problems this time.

In the meantime.... Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
So sorry to hear about the refusal. I was wondering how you got on. I know it's upsetting and disappointing, but at least you seem to have formed a good game plan now of getting a joint sponsor. We had the con off in window 15. He was ok. Asked hubby when we got married and of course, he couldn't remember our wedding date! I think the con off was more amused than suspicious, thankfully. Maybe he's had a similar experience himself

All the best with sorting yours out... I know its not easy to ask family or anyone for that matter to be a joint sponsor- so kind of them to offer. Keep us updated on how it goes.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 7:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

However I just thought of something, come January would'nt there be a new set of Poverty Guidelines.
No, the poverty guideline gets updated sometime around April each year.

Poverty Guidelines really don't change that much does it?
I haven't ever really kept track of how much it changes from year to year.

Am I still to use the 2011 guidelines because that is when our refusal is from?
You would use the guideline which is in effect at the time you send the information back to the embassy.

Just double check the I-864P against the joint sponsor's income when it comes time to send it off to the embassy to make sure he's over the required amount.

Rene
Old Nov 24th 2011, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Tracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really nice

No, the poverty guideline gets updated sometime around April each year.

You would use the guideline which is in effect at the time you send the information back to the embassy.

Just double check the I-864P against the joint sponsor's income when it comes time to send it off to the embassy to make sure he's over the required amount.

Rene
Ok, will do that. I did a historical look up from 2009, 2010 on the I-864P and those years it didn't change. 2011 only changed about $250 dollars. Even when using the 2011 figure they make 3x the amount needed.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by krazstir
So sorry to hear about the refusal. I was wondering how you got on. I know it's upsetting and disappointing, but at least you seem to have formed a good game plan now of getting a joint sponsor. We had the con off in window 15. He was ok. Asked hubby when we got married and of course, he couldn't remember our wedding date! I think the con off was more amused than suspicious, thankfully. Maybe he's had a similar experience himself

All the best with sorting yours out... I know its not easy to ask family or anyone for that matter to be a joint sponsor- so kind of them to offer. Keep us updated on how it goes.
Congratulations on getting yours Krazstir! I will definately keep in contact when I get his I-864 and when I have it couriered back to the Embassy.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Well, just wanted to give an update on our situation. We have received all the paperwork from both my BIL's to be our joint sponsor for my DH. I know we can only use one, so we have chosen the one that looked best for us. We have the second set of info from the other BIL just in case the Co decides she doesn't like his documents either.

Anyway, the courier has been arranged to collect our stuff on Monday 19th Dec and then off to the Embassy it will go. We're not counting on a response this side of Christmas but if we do then all the better Christmas will be.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Well, just wanted to give an update on our situation. We have received all the paperwork from both my BIL's to be our joint sponsor for my DH. I know we can only use one, so we have chosen the one that looked best for us. We have the second set of info from the other BIL just in case the Co decides she doesn't like his documents either.

Anyway, the courier has been arranged to collect our stuff on Monday 19th Dec and then off to the Embassy it will go. We're not counting on a response this side of Christmas but if we do then all the better Christmas will be.

Well Folks, my husband just received a text from DX Secure stating they have scheduled his US Embassy documents item ###### will be delivered at the pre-arranged time schedule on the 28th December.

Woohoo, does this mean that his Immigrant IR-1 Visa has been approved or does anyone know if the Embassy would just use the courier that we arranged to have the Visa package returned to us to just send us our documents back again with a letter asking for additional info?

I really hope that this means it is APPROVED. Oh what a Christmas pressie this is for us if it is.

Last edited by Tracy_UK; Dec 23rd 2011 at 4:51 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

CAProgrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Folks, my husband just received a text from DX Secure stating they have scheduled his US Embassy documents item ###### will be delivered at the pre-arranged time schedule on the 28th December.

Woohoo, does this mean that his Immigrant IR-1 Visa has been approved or does anyone know if the Embassy would just use the courier that we arranged to have the Visa package returned to us to just send us our documents back again with a letter asking for additional info?

I really hope that this means it is APPROVED. Oh what a Christmas pressie this is for us if it is.
It most likely means that it has been approved and the passport is being returned with the visa in it. The courier service isn't that great though; I paid the £34 for delivery before 8 a.m and he delivered it at 9:40 a.m. I was actually locking the door to go to work when the courier turned up. I would recommend someone stays at home and watches for any courier.

Last edited by CAProgrammer; Dec 23rd 2011 at 10:06 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks CAProgrammer, that's what we are hoping for an approval. We paid £37.70 for it to be delivered before 12noon, however it's being delivered to our neighbours place as he is always in.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 2:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks CAProgrammer, that's what we are hoping for an approval. We paid £37.70 for it to be delivered before 12noon, however it's being delivered to our neighbours place as he is always in.
Make sure the neighbor has some form of ID from the visa holder.

Rene
Old Dec 24th 2011, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Make sure the neighbor has some form of ID from the visa holder.

Rene
The funny thing when the stuff was originally picked up at the same neighbours house no ID check was done, even when I had arranged for the stuff to be collected I had explained to the woman that we needed to arrange a later time for collection as we are Postman/Postwoman and we'll be working at the time she said. I then asked do I need to have a statement from hubby for my neighbour to handle it as per the website, She said no, then she said don't worry about it as it can be collected/delivered to an alternate address or the neighbour, all the driver will be worried about is the collection/delivery. . He had hub's ID but nothing was even looked at. My neighbour said when the courier guy arrived all he was interested in was directions back again to the main road.

I will make sure my neighbour has his ID and my hub's ID again just be on the safe side like you said. Will the package be all in one envelope? Or seperate? The all mysterious white do not open one, then hub's passport in a different envelope.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 3:42 pm

My understanding is that there will be one large envelope delivered. Inside that large envelope, there will be the envelope which should not be opened, and also separately his passport with visa inside.

Rene
Old Dec 24th 2011, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

My understanding is that there will be one large envelope delivered. Inside that large envelope, there will be the envelope which should not be opened, and also separately his passport with visa inside.

Rene
Ok many thanks Rene,

Here's wishing you a belated Birthday wish and a Merry Christmas as well.
Old Dec 25th 2011, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

I will make sure my neighbour has his ID and my hub's ID again just be on the safe side like you said. Will the package be all in one envelope? Or seperate? The all mysterious white do not open one, then hub's passport in a different envelope.
Even though they say on the DX website that ID is required for delivery of the passport, they never seem to ask for it from most accounts I read. They just hand it over and have even left it with a random neighbor. There will likely be an outer clear plastic wrapping that you can see through and the passport will be visible along with the brown (or white) document envelope.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

little-evo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moxie
Even though they say on the DX website that ID is required for delivery of the passport, they never seem to ask for it from most accounts I read. They just hand it over and have even left it with a random neighbor. There will likely be an outer clear plastic wrapping that you can see through and the passport will be visible along with the brown (or white) document envelope.
They did actually ask for ID when they delivered it last week at 8:45pm!
I said i did not have any photo ID, the only photo ID i had was my passport which was inside the big plastic envelope, they allowed me to open it and show my Id to sign for the package!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.