Wikiposts

Toronto

Old Feb 14th 2004, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Suzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant future
Default Toronto

I've applied to immigrate to Toronto - anyone got any experiences to share?

Suze
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toronto

Originally posted by Suzey
I've applied to immigrate to Toronto - anyone got any experiences to share?

Suze
I went there once as a visitor, I stayed three weeks. It looks like it might be a nice place to live, but it is a miserable place to visit.

I can't think of any other city with a waterfront anywhere in the world that has done as much as Toronto has to split the city from the waterfront. There is an interstate, a railroad, and a bunch of derelict buildings between "downtown" and the lake, and then there are two ugly dock complexes actually on the lake front.
Old Feb 15th 2004, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Suzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant future
Default Re: Toronto

You could be right there... it was shabbier than I remembered when I visited last year (I was there in 1989 previously).

I do like Ottawa though.

Suze

Originally posted by Pulaski
I went there once as a visitor, I stayed three weeks. It looks like it might be a nice place to live, but it is a miserable place to visit.

I can't think of any other city with a waterfront anywhere in the world that has done as much as Toronto has to split the city from the waterfront. There is an interstate, a railroad, and a bunch of derelict buildings between "downtown" and the lake, and then there are two ugly dock complexes actually on the lake front.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of light

I have heard it is a perpetual building site, but it has some nice areas where you will find all you need for nice living & recreation.

Have you thought Vancouver or Calgary:

Van - breathtaking scenery and warmer winter
Cal - plenty of "depression beating" sunshine all year round and squeek cleen neighbourhoods, winters bright and snowy.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 2:20 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Toronto….

Well we live on the outside in Brampton… depends where your work is..
The social life downtown is 2nd only to Vancouver in Canada.. The facilities are great the shopping fantastic… and lots going on… Ottawa a day away by car…
You won’t be disappointed
Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

I hadn't considered them, but only because my family/friends are mostly in Ontario. I wouldn't rule out a move there after I've lived in Canada for a few years though!

cheers

Suze

Originally posted by Gezza
I have heard it is a perpetual building site, but it has some nice areas where you will find all you need for nice living & recreation.

Have you thought Vancouver or Calgary:

Van - breathtaking scenery and warmer winter
Cal - plenty of "depression beating" sunshine all year round and squeek cleen neighbourhoods, winters bright and snowy.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

To be honest, I'm not too impressed by the shopping in Canada. Clothes- and food-wise there is certainly a lot less choice in Canada than there is in the UK (in terms of my own preferences).

I intend to live downtown and then find a job.

Suze

Originally posted by MikeUK
Toronto….

Well we live on the outside in Brampton… depends where your work is..
The social life downtown is 2nd only to Vancouver in Canada.. The facilities are great the shopping fantastic… and lots going on… Ottawa a day away by car…
You won’t be disappointed