Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Torn Envelope/ thanks to all

Wikiposts

Torn Envelope/ thanks to all

Old May 5th 2002, 1:10 pm
Synchro1212

Default Torn Envelope/ thanks to all

Thanks so much to all. He has put the envelope in another. He was still worried, and
measured it because I was really upset and wanted all the details. He said the tear
is actually 5and 1/4 inches. He knows I am upset about this since I preached to him
for 3 days after he got it not to let anything happen to it. So he feels very bad.
But, it is put away now, and we have stopped worrying about it. It is in Gods hands,
and still in my mind. Hehe....But not open for discussion anymore. Dont want to rub
salt into the wound. So THANKS everyone for answering my desperate call, and I will
let you know what happens. I just dont understand why the embassy would put something
like that in a cheap paper envelope and think it could not be torn or damaged by
others, but as it seems, we are the only couple that this has happened to so far I
can see. SO THERE> LOL. I pick my baby up on Friday. Marry on Monday, and official
wedding in June. SO thanks to all and I will be back on soon.

Holly

Old May 6th 2002, 5:40 am
Jb

Default Re: Torn Envelope/ thanks to all

Synchro1212 wrote:
    >
    > Thanks so much to all. He has put the envelope in another. He was still worried,
    > and measured it because I was really upset and wanted all the details. He said the
    > tear is actually 5and 1/4 inches. He knows I am upset about this since I preached
    > to him for 3 days after he got it not to let anything happen to it. So he feels
    > very bad. But, it is put away now, and we have stopped worrying about it. It is in
    > Gods hands, and still in my mind. Hehe....But not open for discussion anymore. Dont
    > want to rub salt into the wound. So THANKS everyone for answering my desperate
    > call, and I will let you know what happens. I just dont understand why the embassy
    > would put something like that in a cheap paper envelope and think it could not be
    > torn or damaged by others, but

I personally thought the envelope paper was pretty thick. Plus, my wife was given
another very large envelope to put the whole thing in. This was I-130. maybe the K-1
stuff is different