Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Todays Visa Interview - Disappointment :-(

Wikiposts

Todays Visa Interview - Disappointment :-(

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:14 am
Just Joined

robclem1 is just really nicerobclem1 is just really nicerobclem1 is just really nicerobclem1 is just really nicerobclem1 is just really nicerobclem1 is just really nicerobclem1 is just really nicerobclem1 is just really nice
Default Todays Visa Interview - Disappointment :-(

Quite disappointed just now having returned from Embassy with no approval yet :-(
We thought we had done everything and ticked off their check list but at my 2nd stage of the interview after swearing oath etc I was told by the lady that she wanted proof that my wife of 20 years would be actually going to USA with me and the kids.
When I asked what she wanted, she asked for copies of house sale, correspondance with shippers, corresondance with realtors and possible job corresponsdance for my wife. She then handed me a blue form which gives us the opportunity of sending these documents via courier along with my passport for hopeful approval via post...

blxxdy ridiculous is all i can say :-(

Rob
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Todays Visa Interview - Disappointment :-(

Originally Posted by robclem1
Quite disappointed just now having returned from Embassy with no approval yet :-(
We thought we had done everything and ticked off their check list but at my 2nd stage of the interview after swearing oath etc I was told by the lady that she wanted proof that my wife of 20 years would be actually going to USA with me and the kids.
When I asked what she wanted, she asked for copies of house sale, correspondance with shippers, corresondance with realtors and possible job corresponsdance for my wife. She then handed me a blue form which gives us the opportunity of sending these documents via courier along with my passport for hopeful approval via post...

blxxdy ridiculous is all i can say :-(

Rob
When you send in what she requested, you will get approved. Others have run into the same dilemma.

It all has to do with the "intent to domicile in the USA" that the USC living overseas must prove. That's a strong part of going the DCF route.

I'm sure you'll come up with what you need. Hang in there.

Rene
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:24 am
Just Joined

robclem1 is just really nicerobclem1 is just really nicerobclem1 is just really nicerobclem1 is just really nicerobclem1 is just really nicerobclem1 is just really nicerobclem1 is just really nicerobclem1 is just really nice

thats exactly what the lady said to me about proving my wifes intention to domicile there. Just wish they had told us to bring this proof in their check list as we had brought everything else and gone out of our way to file the tax returns - at least a silver lining is we are due a reasonable tax rebate :-)

Just feeling disappointed

thanks

Rob
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robclem1
thats exactly what the lady said to me about proving my wifes intention to domicile there. Just wish they had told us to bring this proof in their check list as we had brought everything else and gone out of our way to file the tax returns - at least a silver lining is we are due a reasonable tax rebate :-)

Just feeling disappointed

thanks

Rob
Awwww, I know...that's understandable. But it won't be long now.

Rene
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 4:00 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Fortunately want they want isn't hard to put together. Get an estate agent round to value the house, couple of shippers in to quote, e-mail a Realtor or 2 in the US. Hopefully it will not take too long to put together and you will be on your way. Just have to play the game and give them what they want.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 4:09 am
Just Joined

thanks, We've sold our house and moved in with friends so proving house sale is esay, I've got a shipping quote and some email correspondance for rentals from realtors via craigslist.

Hopefully this should do the trick
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Hiya, I responded on the other thread but just in case you don't see it. Don't worry, you will get it. We were given the blue form at our interview and from the date of sending the paperwork off on the 19th of January, we would have had the visa back on the 29th of January, but we weren't home so we had to wait until yesterday, so less than 2 weeks from sending the info off.