Wikiposts

TIRED OF PEOPLE MAKING EXCUSES FOR INS

Old May 11th 2001, 12:42 am
Alvena Ferreira

Ade Shell wrote:
    >
    >
    >
Education does not give you any special rights, sorry. We are all treated equally.

>
    >
    >
    >
INS has far fewer people to deal with an excessive number of immigrants. Blame the
congress if you want to blame somebody, THEY made the darned laws!

>
    >
    >
Good, i recommend that people make their problems known...the squeeky hinge tends to
get the oil, and perhaps your efforts will result in helping many who suffer in the
same kinds of situations.

>
    >
    >
But the people they are dealing with are immigrants and they have basically no rights
as US citizens, which makes the perspective a lot different.

>
    >
    >
    >
Your educations give you no rights. Very few INS offices have telephone numbers that
one can call. If they answered the phones, they would not get any work done.

>
    >

Ed answered this statement the best: your husband has been a conditional permanent
resident for 3 years, and as such, he is now eligible to file for citizenship...i
would file immediately: http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/se...natz/index.htm

alvena marriage visa pages at: http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes OR
http://alvena.50megs.com

Old May 11th 2001, 5:10 am
2dennis

Ade Shell wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

1. You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Do you
understand?
2. Anything you do say may be used against you in a court of law. Do you understand?
3. You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the INS and to have
an attorney present during questioning now or in the future. Do you understand?
4. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will not be appointed for you before any
questioning if you wish. Do you understand?
5. As an American citizen you have Rights, as an Immigrant you have no rights. Do you
understand?

Your attitude of instant gratification is what the rest of the World call the "Ugly
American" With that kind of Attitude I don't know how your husband can satisfy you,
Oh yea, he is British stiff upper lip and all. Check your attitude at the door before
entering and learn that many others here are also trying to get things changed but
will wait in line until there is no line. Dennis
--
Join the Egroup for Asian American Couples
http://www.egroups.com/group/Asian_American_Couples

Old May 11th 2001, 8:02 am
Goodwin

Andy, Lining up, Queueing up it's all the same eh, it means waiting , when in Rome do
as the Romans do and I am now in America so I try to do as the Romans do! Oh thanks
for noticing by the way Carol Andy Platt
[usenetquote2]>> want to say "Shut Up, get in line and wait like the rest of us" You know[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> English are good at lining up. I am sick and tired of the whiners that[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 12th 2001, 3:29 am
the kings anna

Let up on this ladys post and just feel HER don't rip her. Listen what she is saying is "i have pain" and just because her definition is not in your personally chosen categories don't dismiss it. Even pain tolerance varies from person to person. If she has pain she has pain. The constructive replys to her were good however.
We all see some pains more valid than others. I for one, and call me insentive call me anything, don't sympathize with the fiances and spouses who present their pain on the basis of the fact that "she is having my baby" and "she" is there and I am here. For this we should be sympathetic? Just because you can procreate we should hasten your being together? did't you think of that while you were making baby? But pain is pain, so yes we should.
As for the rant about her and husbands education. Maybe what she was saying is with her and husbands education the idea that he immigrated was obviously NOT to come here for any other reason BUT to be with her. Not to demean any profession, but being a professional person I must tell you ALOT hinges on my performance and I MUST be timely. Hesitations and delays in the INS system can create vital gaps in this timing. For me it is not just a matter of "date of wedding matching date we met" but as physician it will hold up work and implicates many lives not just my personal wishes.

Old May 14th 2001, 10:04 am
billypilgrim

----------

>
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> <[email protected]> whines:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >Look, I am a graduate from an Ivy League school in USA, US citizen. My[/usenetquote2]
husband
[usenetquote2]>> >is from England, Oxford University Graduate.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> *sigh* I should just shut up and go take a nap or something, but sometimes I[/usenetquote2]
just
[usenetquote2]>> have to open my trap [/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Ya know - I really HATE it when people write things like this. I just want to make[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> it clear that not ALL of us Ivy-League graduates are like this.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Please don't judge us all by the pompus few...[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Betastar wondering if she's ever even mentioned before that "I have an Ivy-League[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Education"[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> (Cornell, class of '93)[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
drug
    >

Um, there are quite a few drug addicts out there with Ivy League educations. Our
president, for one....

Beth

Old May 14th 2001, 2:22 pm
billypilgrim

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

<<Heavily edited>>>

While I agree that the original poster sounded a bit like she was whining, I
must say that:

1) Not all who attend expensive schools are wealthy: many are on scholarship and have
worked damned hard their whole lives to get where they are. And
2) The rich certainly have their problems, as the Kennedys and many others can
attest. Illness, untimely deaths, accidents, broken hearts, drug abuse,
alcoholism, child abuse, rape, incest, etc etc do not know class boundaries.
Indeed, those who are well off are, in my opinion, less likely to receive sympathy
for their very real problems.

Mind you, I am not agreeing with the original poster's tone or style. Just saying
that it is unfair to make assumptions. Our society often presents the fantasy that
money cures all problems. I have a cousin who became very wealthy after a doctor
mistreated their baby (or rather refused to even acknowledge an infant which lost a
third of her birth weight even needed treatment) in a horrible act of negligence
which led to the poor child's death. I can guarantee they would return every penny to
see their little girl live long enough to smile just one time.

Beth

Old May 18th 2001, 2:42 pm
billypilgrim

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I can understand the HTML thing, though I was not aware of it previously, having only
used Outlook. And so I am glad someone pointed it out to me.

Interesting that you point out that using HTML is considered rude and people get
flamed for it. Flaming is much ruder than posting in HTML. Why flame someone? Why not
point out their mistake and explain why it is considered impolite instead? If you had
a guest at a dinner party who used their salad fork for their main dish, would you
shout at them that they were a stupid, ignorant, such-and -such and humiliate them in
front of everyone? Well, I hope not. But somehow that is considered ok on-line.
Bizarre. I don't understand it, and I don't want to understand it.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, just something I've noticed along the
way. There is a prevailing attitude among some people that if you are not a
technophile you are not worthy of entering the online world.

Beth