Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Timeline for Visa from Manila

Timeline for Visa from Manila

Old Jun 14th 2002, 8:20 pm
Bill Larson

Default Timeline for Visa from Manila

My fiancée filed her Packet 3 with St. Luke's Clinic in Manila, and got her medical
exam and vaccinations two weeks ago. I understand that they will forward everything
to the US Embassy in Manila, and that they are not doing the interview any longer.
Does anyone know how long it is taking to receive the Visa from this point in time?

Thanks for any help on this.

Old Jun 15th 2002, 1:20 am
Michael D. Youn

Default Re: Timeline for Visa from Manila

Bill Larson wrote:

> My fiancée filed her Packet 3 with St. Luke's Clinic in Manila, and got her medical
    > exam and vaccinations two weeks ago. I understand that they will forward everything
    > to the US Embassy in Manila, and that they are not doing the interview any longer.
    > Does anyone know how long it is taking to receive the Visa from this point in time?
    >
    > Thanks for any help on this.

Hi All!

It all depends on if everything is in order or not. If everything is OK, she should
have it within a month. If there is a problem there is no telling how long it will
take. My then fiancé went to St. Lukes December 18/19th, the visa was issued April
2nd. Her application was placed under administrative review due to her being 35 years
old and having a child. The embassy wanted the NSO to check their records for and
prior marriages.

Take care,

Mike

Old Jun 15th 2002, 7:21 pm
Steve Hubbard

Our case is also under administrative review...we are a K-3 and have waited close to
6 months...it is almost criminal in how they are processing and proceeding...

Old Jun 17th 2002, 12:20 pm
Brian H

[email protected] (Steve Hubbard) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Our case is also under administrative review...we are a K-3 and have waited close
    > to 6 months...it is almost criminal in how they are processing and proceeding...

Yup, and they are doing a lot of requests for further documentation. K-3 or spousal
is the way to go now.