Reload this Page >

timeline for naturalization test/swearing in

Wikiposts

timeline for naturalization test/swearing in

Old Mar 3rd 2003, 6:33 am
Account Closed

imkimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default timeline for naturalization test/swearing in

I am trying to put together a timeline after sumitting the N-400 paperwork, getting the appointment letter of the naturalization test, and the swearing in ceremony. I am using the Vermont Service Center and Arlington BCIS.

I ask because I want to get a flag that has been flown over the US Capitol building the day Stantton takes his citizenship test and give it to him the day of the swearing in. It takes 4 weeks notification to get the request to my senator with the specific day requested I want the flag flown and then takes 3-4 weeks to get the flag to me.

So I guess I have two questions:
1) When you receive the appointment letter for the exam, is there at least 4 weeks notification between receiving the letter and the actual exam?

2) Is there at least 3 weeks between the exam and the swearing in ceremony?

I know Stantton can't file for the N-400 until early next year, but I am trying to get the timeline sorted out because I think this would be a really great present to give to him at the swearing in. If this timeline can't be worked out I will have to plan some other date for the flag to be flown (like the day he submits his N-400 app).

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Kimberly

Last edited by imkimmy; Mar 4th 2003 at 3:31 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2003, 9:29 am
Jockgurl

Default Re: timeline for naturalization test/swearing in

I took my exam on Dec 17 2002 in Boston.I used the VSC too.I filed in
May 2002 was fingerprinted in August 2002 exam in Dec and if all goes
to plan i will be swearin in on March 6th (tho i was scheduled on Feb
20th and they canceled it Feb 19th)

Old Mar 4th 2003, 7:15 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by Jockgurl
I took my exam on Dec 17 2002 in Boston.I used the VSC too.I filed in
May 2002 was fingerprinted in August 2002 exam in Dec and if all goes
to plan i will be swearin in on March 6th (tho i was scheduled on Feb
20th and they canceled it Feb 19th)
congrats on your citizenship, it must feel great!

From the time you received the letter with the exam date on it, to the actual exam, was that at least 4 weeks?

Kimberly
Old Mar 4th 2003, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

jockgurl is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i got my letter telling me when my interview was to be in october 2002 and interview was in december.and as i said if all goes right this time ill be swearing in in March.As far as i can see lol EVERYTHING takes longer than 4 weeks where the INS is concerned so dont panic on that front youll have plenty of time
Old Mar 4th 2003, 2:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

That would be a lovely remembrance for Stanton. Think about perhaps asking if you could have the flag that was flown on Memorial Day if he is a veteran, or July 4th. Then there is Veterans Day itself in the fall. Or President's Day. I imagine the flag flown over the US Capitol Building would be in hot damn so what about the flag over your state's capitol building.

Rita

Originally posted by imkimmy
I am trying to put together a timeline after sumitting the N-400 paperwork, getting the appointment letter of the naturalization test, and the swearing in ceremony. I am using the Vermont Service Center and Arlington BCIS.

I ask because I want to get a flag that has been flown over the US Capitol building the day Stantton takes his citizenship test and give it to him the day of the swearing in. It takes 4 weeks notification to get the request to my senator with the specific day requested I want the flag flown and then takes 3-4 weeks to get the flag to me.

So I guess I have two questions:
1) When you receive the appointment letter for the exam, is there at least 4 weeks notification between receiving the letter and the actual exam?

2) Is there at least 3 weeks between the exam and the swearing in ceremony?

I know Stantton can't file for the N-400 until early next year, but I am trying to get the timeline sorted out because I think this would be a really great present to give to him at the swearing in. If this timeline can't be worked out I will have to plan some other date for the flag to be flown (like the day he submits his N-400 app).

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Kimberly

Kimberly
Old Mar 4th 2003, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by Rete
That would be a lovely remembrance for Stanton. Think about perhaps asking if you could have the flag that was flown on Memorial Day if he is a veteran, or July 4th. Then there is Veterans Day itself in the fall. Or President's Day. I imagine the flag flown over the US Capitol Building would be in hot damn so what about the flag over your state's capitol building.

Rita
Rita-

Acutally there are people staffed ap the Capitol that do nothing but raise a flag over the Capitol building leave it for a couple of minutes ( i think it's 2 minutes), and then lower it. <They must have incredible shoulder muscles!> You can get one of these flags through your senator or congressmen. They have different prices for different sizes and for an extra charge you can get a certificate that certifies that particular flag was flown on that specific day.

It's really important to me that the flag was flown on a date that is meaningful to him, and they are telling me they need 4 weeks notice if you want it flown on a specific date. I just want to make sure there is enough time from when we receive the letter to the actual test (that would be ideal). From the sounds of it, it does sound do-able. <yeppie>

I can think of no better gift to give him after he takes the oath then his very own flag . Of course we still put the Canadian flag out on Canada day, but every other day it's old glory.

Kimberly
Old Mar 4th 2003, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by jockgurl
yeah i got my letter telling me when my interview was to be in october 2002 and interview was in december.and as i said if all goes right this time ill be swearing in in March.As far as i can see lol EVERYTHING takes longer than 4 weeks where the INS is concerned so dont panic on that front youll have plenty of time
Jockgurl-

Thanks. Sounds like what I want to do will work, I am sooooo happy!

Kimberly