Timeline ideas for K-1

Old Mar 8th 2017, 12:13 am
Just Joined

hjklily has a brilliant futurehjklily has a brilliant futurehjklily has a brilliant futurehjklily has a brilliant futurehjklily has a brilliant futurehjklily has a brilliant future
Default Timeline ideas for K-1

Hi everyone!

I'm very new here, so I hope this isn't a stupid thread or posted in the wrong place etc.

My partner and I filed the i129F at the end of February, and it arrived at USCIS Texas on March 4th but we haven't received a NOA yet. I was just wondering, does anybody have any kind of idea of when we might get the K-1 visa (if we're approved ), aka what kind of time I'd be looking to go over there? We were hoping to get married in mid September, but obviously aren't committed to a date.

Thanks for any help!

edit: I'm from the UK, should probably have mentioned that!

Last edited by hjklily; Mar 8th 2017 at 12:16 am.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 12:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline ideas for K-1

Hi and Welcome to BE!

Typical K-1 visa timeline from filing I-129F to getting the visa is about 8 to 10 months. So you're looking at maybe October - December - ish.

Rene
Old Mar 8th 2017, 12:20 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hjklily
... we haven't received a NOA yet.
Not everyone gets one. Watch for payment being take on the fee... that means it's been accepted for processing.

I was just wondering, does anybody have any kind of idea of when we might get the K-1 visa...
If you submitted the I-129F at the end of February, you can reasonably expect to get the visa sometime between mid-October to mid-December. US immigration is a 2-step process. First, the I-129F petition is filed. Once that's approved (about 4-5 months) then the non-USC partner applies for the visa - which takes another 4-5 months to process. So, 8-10 months on average.

Ian
Old Mar 8th 2017, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome.

Start to end the process is about 8-10 months, so unfortunately you're not looking good for your proposed wedding date.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 12:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My partner and I filed the i129F at the end of February, and it arrived at USCIS Texas on March 4th but we haven't received a NOA yet.
Considering that was only 2 working days ago, I'm not surprised. It can take several weeks to get the NOA1 in the mail.

Rene
Old Mar 8th 2017, 12:29 am
Just Joined

hjklily has a brilliant futurehjklily has a brilliant futurehjklily has a brilliant futurehjklily has a brilliant futurehjklily has a brilliant futurehjklily has a brilliant future

Thank you all for the responses, especially so quickly

I had a feeling we wouldn't make September, it was just the initial goal when we looked into the process last year that kind of stuck. I figured it may be worth asking people who have experience of it, though, since I know processing times are liable to change.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Not everyone gets one. Watch for payment being take on the fee... that means it's been accepted for processing.
Ahh that's great advice, thanks! I'll keep an eye on it.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Considering that was only 2 working days ago, I'm not surprised. It can take several weeks to get the NOA1 in the mail.

Rene
Thank you! I hadn't actually expected to have one yet, honestly I just saw somebody include that in a similar post so I thought it may be relevant

Last edited by hjklily; Mar 8th 2017 at 12:38 am. Reason: seeing another reply and not wanting to double post to reply to it
Old Mar 8th 2017, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Was a G-1145 included in the packet?

If so a text message or email might be the next correspondence.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 12:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tom169
Was a G-1145 included in the packet?

If so a text message or email might be the next correspondence.
It was! I wasn't sure if NOA included email/text correspondence, or if you'd receive both.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

It was! I wasn't sure if NOA included email/text correspondence, or if you'd receive both.
The electronic system is very fragile, you may get nothing or something or everything.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

My then fiancee filed the I-129F in June 2015 and I got the visa in November 2015, and that was with me delaying it, but I think I got pretty lucky timeline wise, so while it can happen quickly I wouldn't count on it. I'd advise you to either not plan anything until you get the visa, or at least not plan something for this year. You can always do a courthouse wedding soon after arriving then a larger event at a later date.
Old Mar 9th 2017, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scottyvisa
My then fiancee filed the I-129F in June 2015 and I got the visa in November 2015, and that was with me delaying it, but I think I got pretty lucky timeline wise, so while it can happen quickly I wouldn't count on it. I'd advise you to either not plan anything until you get the visa, or at least not plan something for this year. You can always do a courthouse wedding soon after arriving then a larger event at a later date.
Wow, you were really lucky! A courthouse wedding was always the plan, my mum just happens to be visiting a neighbouring state in September, so then would have been ideal timing to have a couple of guests there.

We just received text notification that our case was received, though, with NOA 'to follow' in the mail
Old Mar 10th 2017, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news! You should receive it in with 10 days, they don't mail things out express and I've quickly released in my 3/4 months of living here is: U.S. Mail/USPS sucks!

Also, our K1 was completed start to finish in just over four months so it really is luck of the draw but the average definitely seems to be around the 8-10 months time.
Old Mar 11th 2017, 9:43 pm
Cambridge / Philly.

NoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond repute

We allowed a full year when planning wedding dates and as things became clearer settled on 10 months to a tentative moving date.

Like one of the other posters I had to purposefully slow the process down in the end by deliberately delaying the medical - Actual time without me doing this would have been 6 months.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

It took me 10 months from Oct 2015 filing date - Aug 2016 visa in hand.

I left on the 26th August, got married 3 weeks later. We could've done it earlier due to not filling out paperwork right away and taking our time to begin with. So could have been a month earlier.

But I'd take what the people here are saying. 8-10 months is average.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for sharing your timelines, everyone! I'm really grateful to have an idea of the kind of span these things can take.

We received the Notice of Action yesterday, so things are moving forward

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.