Reload this Page >

Timeline from I130 to next step

Wikiposts

Timeline from I130 to next step

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

StephInUK is on a distinguished road
Default Timeline from I130 to next step

Hello again. I wrote last week that we were approved as far as the I130. Through the forum we were let know the next step would be the Immigrant Visa application along with the checklist and medical appointment and interview.

Does anyone have a timeline and in what stages of how quickly or slowly things will go from now?

We filed in London if that helps.

Thanks for all your help.
Steph
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline from I130 to next step

Originally Posted by StephInUK
Hello again. I wrote last week that we were approved as far as the I130. Through the forum we were let know the next step would be the Immigrant Visa application along with the checklist and medical appointment and interview.

Does anyone have a timeline and in what stages of how quickly or slowly things will go from now?

Steph

The enxt step is that you will receive a checklist from London and notification that they now have your case in the Immigrant Visa Unit. I think the checklist is called IV-15--it lists the docs you need for the visa application.

If you already have everything from the list that you need, you mail it back per their instructions, indicating that you are ready to interview.

You then get a notice of the interview date, depending on their schedule.

From here to interview could be another couplefew months.

Order the police certificate now if you have not already.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info! Just getting a bit anxious here on our side lol.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 1:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info! Just getting a bit anxious here on our side lol.
heh.. start packing, that'll take your mind off of it!
(and go to M&S to stock up on everything you can't get over here!)

(especially, get big jars of Marmite if you have to have it. Will cost you an arm and a leg when you can find it)
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 5:20 am
-Lansbury

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 02:51:06 +0000, meauxna
<[email protected]> wrote:

>(especially, get big jars of Marmite if you have to have it. Will cost
>you an arm and a leg when you can find it)

Do you need some, my son is coming to Oregon on March 15th I'm can arrange for
a delivery :-)
--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:55 am
L D Jones

meauxna wrote:
>> Thanks for the info! Just getting a bit anxious here on our side lol.
>>
>
> heh.. start packing, that'll take your mind off of it!
> (and go to M&S to stock up on everything you can't get over here!)
>
> (especially, get big jars of Marmite if you have to have it. Will cost
> you an arm and a leg when you can find it)
>

Only the smallest size jars of Marmite are available where I live (NC)
and they cost more than USD 5.00!

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by -Lansbury
On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 02:51:06 +0000, meauxna
<[email protected]> wrote:

>(especially, get big jars of Marmite if you have to have it. Will cost
>you an arm and a leg when you can find it)

Do you need some, my son is coming to Oregon on March 15th I'm can arrange for
a delivery :-)
--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup
heheh.. we're well stocked neighbor, but thanks! Mom's going to make a stop at M&S for the other essentials while they're over this spring.

Thanks very much for the offer---enjoy your visitor!
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Now I'm getting quite curious about the stuff (I'm the USC). My friend's hubby is from the UK, she says he's not allowed to open it if she's in the room - she totally flees! I think she mentioned no kissing for several days after he ate it also ...

I have figured out how to make homemade Chippolatas tho, so we have Christmas dinner covered - I love those guys. And Clootie dumpling..... mmmmm.....
Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

andy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really nice

Steph
hi,just wondered if you had heard anything regarding your application? we have just sent i-130 to london and wondered how long yours took from receipt till approval?let me know ,thanks ,andy
Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi Andy,

The wait is FOREVER! No, not really, but it was 3 months. Posted to London mid November and got approval mid February. Once the approval notice was received it took about another week to get the paperwork to go on to the next step.

As I was advised to me before by others here on the forum, have you gotten your police check yet? Be prepared to have birth certificates also - even for children not immigrating with you, if that is your situation.

This forum is great and has helped me so much. Good luck to you and I'll keep posting here on our progress.

Thanks, Steph x
Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy,

The wait is FOREVER! No, not really, but it was 3 months. Posted to London mid November and got approval mid February. Once the approval notice was received it took about another week to get the paperwork to go on to the next step.

As I was advised to me before by others here on the forum, have you gotten your police check yet? Be prepared to have birth certificates also - even for children not immigrating with you, if that is your situation.

This forum is great and has helped me so much. Good luck to you and I'll keep posting here on our progress.

Thanks, Steph x
police check? I am doing mine over here and i got a police check done before i came over I have the paper work that i have no criminal record - should i send it to them or wait till asked or will it not matter anymore?? questions questions. Or take it to the interview with me.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

The police check, as I understand it, should be presented at the interview along with the other documents asked for (marriage certificate, divorce papers (if any), birth certificate(s), etc. The information we have is the medical should be done in advance of the interview also.

Steph
Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
police check? I am doing mine over here and i got a police check done before i came over I have the paper work that i have no criminal record - should i send it to them or wait till asked or will it not matter anymore?? questions questions. Or take it to the interview with me.
Hi Deedee,

"I am doing mine over here" <--- doing what over where? If you are filing for AOS in the USA, and had the police check done before you came to the USA, you're OK. You don't have to do anything more with that. You don't need to send it with any AOS paperwork, and you don't need to have a new one done. You don't need to bring any police check reports with you to the AOS interview.

Steph is talking about the Visa Interview in the home country.

Rene