Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Timeline between NOA2 and interview for CR1?

Timeline between NOA2 and interview for CR1?

Old Mar 18th 2008, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

aidal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timeline between NOA2 and interview for CR1?

I am a US citizen and my husband is a British Citizen. We received our NOA2 for our I-130 on March 4th and received our NVC case number on March 17th. What is the general timeframe between now and interview in London? I know things are back up but I have already been waiting 8 months and getting sick of this!
Thanks
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:02 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline between NOA2 and interview for CR1?

Originally Posted by aidal
What is the general timeframe between now and interview in London?
Your husband will receive a packet from London with information about stuff he needs to get... so once he has that info, he sends back the checklist. Once the checklist is received, an interview will be scheduled along with information about scheduling his medical.

I have already been waiting 8 months and getting sick of this!
It's unusual for an I-130 to take 8 months. Still, you can expect another 4 - 6 months before he receives a date for his interview.

Ian
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I concur with Ian. 6 to 8 months is the time wait. Your husband still needs to receive the packet from the US Consulate. He/you can go to their website and d/l the list of items he will need to have before he can return the checklist to the Consulate in order for them to schedule his interview. Some of items is the long form birth certificate, military records (if applicable), police certificate (see permanent post at top of this forum for new procedure), medical, eetc.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Your husband will receive a packet from London with information about stuff he needs to get... so once he has that info, he sends back the checklist. Once the checklist is received, an interview will be scheduled along with information about scheduling his medical.

It's unusual for an I-130 to take 8 months. Still, you can expect another 4 - 6 months before he receives a date for his interview.

Ian
Thanks for the info. The reason the I-130 took so long was because I was one of the many who filed for a K-3 at the end of July to avoid the fee increase. This completely messed everything up and took forever to approve the I-130 and USCIS closed my I-129f.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:54 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I am a US citizen and my husband is a British Citizen. We received our NOA2 for our I-130 on March 4th and received our NVC case number on March 17th. What is the general timeframe between now and interview in London? I know things are back up but I have already been waiting 8 months and getting sick of this!
Thanks
You have several steps yet before you get to interview scheduling. Are you aware of the NVC steps?

You can expect 2-3 months at the NVC, and they will help you get the visa interview scheduled. Add a minimum of a month on to that.

Check this out: Applicant Document Processing and this one: National Visa Center (NVC)
IV PROCESS & FLOWCHART
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
You have several steps yet before you get to interview scheduling. Are you aware of the NVC steps?

You can expect 2-3 months at the NVC, and they will help you get the visa interview scheduled. Add a minimum of a month on to that.

Check this out: Applicant Document Processing and this one: National Visa Center (NVC)
IV PROCESS & FLOWCHART
I am somewhat familiar with NVC steps. I actually have an attorney handling my case and I now that the steps are a bit different than without having an attorney - true? My attorney was a waste of money and never answers my emails so this is why I have come here. I have read that the consulate in London is one of the slowest ones and after NVC completes the case it takes another 3 months for the interview? Really?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I am somewhat familiar with NVC steps. I actually have an attorney handling my case and I now that the steps are a bit different than without having an attorney - true?
Not to my knowledge.

I have read that the consulate in London is one of the slowest ones and after NVC completes the case it takes another 3 months for the interview? Really?
Not to my knowledge! There are tons of consulates that are WAY slower! It seems to me London is one of the most efficient, actually!

Rene
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:57 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I am somewhat familiar with NVC steps. I actually have an attorney handling my case and I now that the steps are a bit different than without having an attorney - true? My attorney was a waste of money and never answers my emails so this is why I have come here. I have read that the consulate in London is one of the slowest ones and after NVC completes the case it takes another 3 months for the interview? Really?
hmm, I haven't heard that London is slow--I would describe them as about par for the course. 3 months from Case Complete sounds longer than normal, too, but it's always at the effect of staff holidays, turnover time etc.

There are several current cases out of London posted here; a couple who have just completed and a couple just now sending in checklists; maybe that will help you more?

Your top job now should be getting the visa application documents ready so that when you DO get the request from the NVC, you are ready and can respond immediately, if that's your priority.
Highest RFE probability is with the I-864, so make sure you've completed that carefully and include *everything* you're supposed to.