Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Timeline for AOS: Chicago

Wikiposts

Timeline for AOS: Chicago

Old May 8th 2002, 2:20 pm
Joe

Default Timeline for AOS: Chicago

I was just wondering if anyone has an idea on the time it is taking now for the AOS
to be processed in Chicago: my time line was as follows: august 2001: filed for AOS
and EAD feb 2002: received EAD march 2002: fingerprinted for AOS application any
input would be appreciated.

joe

Old May 9th 2002, 10:20 am
Trunk

Default Re: Timeline for AOS: Chicago

I submitted everything Jan 2002 Received receipt from INS about 10 days afterwards
EAD was about 60 days after Finger Print was about 90 days after

I was told that interview could take 26 months, which was brought down to 18 after
they started charging people more for the forms, I hear anywhere from 7 month to 1.5
year in Chicago nowadays for the full process.

Chicago including NY and LA is the worst city to be in, if you do it in Milwaukee,
everything is halved, that is if you live there

-Trunk

"Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I was just wondering if anyone has an idea on the time it is taking now for the AOS
    > to be processed in Chicago: my time line was as follows: august 2001: filed for AOS
    > and EAD feb 2002: received EAD march 2002: fingerprinted for AOS application any
    > input would be appreciated.
    >
    > joe

Old May 9th 2002, 7:20 pm
Skaternl

I am in Illinois too (hopefully soon in Milwaukee, cause that's only 3 to 6 months
processing) My time line:

October 2001 - filed AOS + EAD January 2002 - EAD issued February 2002 - Fingerprints
taken in Macomb, IL

my letter for the fingerprints told me it will take about 18 months from filing the
AOS. So that means around May 2003 I should have it

Good luck, Daniel

[email protected] (Joe) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > I was just wondering if anyone has an idea on the time it is taking now for the AOS
    > to be processed in Chicago: my time line was as follows: august 2001: filed for AOS
    > and EAD feb 2002: received EAD march 2002: fingerprinted for AOS application any
    >
    > joe

Old May 11th 2002, 2:20 am
Shussbar

My experience in Chicago for Adj of Status :

June 98 : Entered country, got EAD for 3 months at Boston Logan July 4th 98 : got
married Aug 98 : sent AOS, EAD forms to local INS Chicago

Sept 98 : 1 st EAD issued for 1 year Sept 99 : 2 nd EAD issued for 1 year

July 26th 2000 : Appointment for Interview. Went to interview. 10 minutes. Was told
to go the next week to have my fingerprints taken at INS center on Pulaski and
Officer told me that INS then will call me in a couple weeks to have my passeport
stamp as Permanent Resident.

July 28th 2000 : Fingerprints cleared from FBi ( i called them , they say it was sent
back to INS Chicago Aug 5th)

June 2001: Still nothing!! Contacted congressman. Was told then by him that INS will
send me appointment soon

July 16th 2001 : Apointment at INS. Officer said that the officer in charge of my
file moved to another department and my fil was sitting there, with nobody taking
care of it!! He stamped my passport and said that I should get the Green CArd in the
mail within 9 months or so!( like a baby!!). Well game over, I have the stamp, dont
need EAD anymore ( i was tired of sending 100 $ each time!!) At this day , May 11th,
2002, i didn t yet receive the Green Card. I wrote my Congressman again, he contacted
INS, and was told i should get an answer on the staus of my real GC within 3 weeks.

Old May 15th 2002, 5:20 am
Di

[email protected] (Shussbar) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > My experience in Chicago for Adj of Status :
    >
    > June 98 : Entered country, got EAD for 3 months at Boston Logan July 4th 98 : got
    > married Aug 98 : sent AOS, EAD forms to local INS Chicago
    >
    > Sept 98 : 1 st EAD issued for 1 year Sept 99 : 2 nd EAD issued for 1 year
    >
    > July 26th 2000 : Appointment for Interview. Went to interview. 10 minutes. Was told
    > to go the next week to have my fingerprints taken at INS center on Pulaski and
    > Officer told me that INS then will call me in a couple weeks to have my passeport
    > stamp as Permanent Resident.
    >
    > July 28th 2000 : Fingerprints cleared from FBi ( i called them , they say it was
    > sent back to INS Chicago Aug 5th)
    >
    > June 2001: Still nothing!! Contacted congressman. Was told then by him that INS
    > will send me appointment soon
    >
    > July 16th 2001 : Apointment at INS. Officer said that the officer in charge of my
    > file moved to another department and my fil was sitting there, with nobody taking
    > care of it!! He stamped my passport and said that I should get the Green CArd in
    > the mail within 9 months or so!( like a baby!!). Well game over, I have the stamp,
    > dont need EAD anymore ( i was tired of sending 100 $ each time!!) At this day , May
    > 11th, 2002, i didn t yet receive the Green Card. I wrote my Congressman again, he
    > contacted INS, and was told i should get an answer on the staus of my real GC
    > within 3 weeks.

Hi, Got through to a Chicago "information officer" on the phone yesterday. He said
they are currently processing AOS applications filed in Aug 2000. This is
outrageous! Chicago timeline seems to have retrogressed. Any one has any new info?
Please let us know.

Old May 16th 2002, 4:20 am
Eastern Europea

Here is our timeline for AOS in Chicago: Aug 1999 - submitted AOS to Chicago INS via
mail. Sept 1999 - First EAD Sept 2000 - Second EAD June 2001 - fingerprints taken in
St Louis April 2002 - interview letter for May 22, 2002

My friend's timeline: April 2000 - filled AOS in Chicago October 2001 - fingerprints
April 2002 - interview letter for May 23, 2002

[email protected] (Joe) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    >
    > joe

Old May 24th 2002, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Inaleda is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I called today INS Chicago and was told that they are processing DECEMBER 2000 applicants.
My timeline:
March 2001 sent application for AOS
August 2001 EAD
May 2002 fingerprints