Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Time line for 10 year Green Card in CA

Time line for 10 year Green Card in CA

Old Dec 30th 2010, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Ellie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to all
Default Time line for 10 year Green Card in CA

I have just filed my I-751 to have my conditions removed and was wondering if anyone has any idea of how long the process takes to complete. I am in California. Do you receive your app notice pretty quickly after filing? Also my GC expires on 7th Jan will I receive some sort of notice extending my 2 year Green card? Thanks in advance
Old Dec 30th 2010, 1:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time line for 10 year Green Card in CA

Moved your thread as it is marriage-based green card inquiry.

You will receive a notice of action (NOA) stating that your petition has been received and that your green card privileges have been extended for one year from date of the expiration of the green card itself. This usually takes about 10 days or so.

Next you will receive an appointment letter for your biometrics.

Then you wait. You can check the timeline for approval of I-751's at your service center at www.uscis.gov
Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time line for 10 year Green Card in CA

Originally Posted by Ellie-May View Post
I have just filed my I-751 to have my conditions removed and was wondering if anyone has any idea of how long the process takes to complete. I am in California. Do you receive your app notice pretty quickly after filing? Also my GC expires on 7th Jan will I receive some sort of notice extending my 2 year Green card? Thanks in advance
Here is the thread relating our I-751 timeline earlier this year. We're also in California.

Moonshadow_Girl's and Gannett's I-751

Good luck!