Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Time to issue interview date for K-1?

Wikiposts

Time to issue interview date for K-1?

Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:54 am
Honorary Texan

tom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to all
Default Time to issue interview date for K-1?

For those who have personal knowledge or experience, how long will it take for the london embassy to schedule me with an interview? I sent them notice of my readyness for interview a week ago.. all documents are processed, they just need to issue me with a date for the interview.

Also, how far off is the interview likely to be? The problem is that we have been planning a wedding date for April 4th and time is starting to tick!!

This is for a K-1 fiance visa.

Thanks!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to issue interview date for K-1?

Originally Posted by tom_1984
For those who have personal knowledge or experience, how long will it take for the london embassy to schedule me with an interview? I sent them notice of my readyness for interview a week ago.. all documents are processed, they just need to issue me with a date for the interview.

Also, how far off is the interview likely to be? The problem is that we have been planning a wedding date for April 4th and time is starting to tick!!

This is for a K-1 fiance visa.

Thanks!
Probably a few weeks to get the notice of interview, the interview itself might be about 6 weeks later....I'd plan on another couple of months till you get the K-1 in hand.

Rene
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:59 am
Honorary Texan

tom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Probably a few weeks to get the notice of interview, the interview itself might be about 6 weeks later....I'd plan on another couple of months till you get the K-1 in hand.

Rene
So do you think it would be wise to push the wedding date back? I mean, is it possible that it might be quicker?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom_1984
So do you think it would be wise to push the wedding date back? I mean, is it possible that it might be quicker?
Yes, it's possible that you might get your visa quicker. You might try to contact the consulate and let them know you prefer to be in the USA by April, maybe they can accommodate you with a quicker interview date.

However, my advice is always not to make any final wedding plans (nothing that can't be rescheduled, refunded, or cancelled) until you have the visa IN-HAND. You never know what could happen to prevent you from getting the visa.

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

SamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to all

I can't quite remember when we actually sent off for our visa interview, but I remember it was before thanksgiving, at least a week before, and our visa interview date is Jan. 28th., we were hoping to be home for Christmas and as you can see, we were a bit dissappointed, I just though I would give you a headsup of our situation to let you know how long it took for us. I hope you can get everything done before your wedding!

Good Luck,

Samra