Time to file I-751

Old Jun 12th 2019, 5:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to file I-751

Coach, if you have little viable proof that you are in a marriage where you are living together, commingling finances, socially active together, then by all means get the affidavits.

Basically, the letter should include the name, address, phone numbers and citizenship of the writer. They should detail how they met you as a couple, when, where, etc. and how long they have known the two of you. The letter needs the magic language at the end, i.e., I hereby attest that the above if true ..... blah, blah, blah.

From the description of what you have, it doesn't appear that you need these affidavits. However, if Maddi made you feel that you should then by all means do so.

These are sample letters on the forum you can search for, as well as the magic language. And the internet has samples also.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

CoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the continues responses. Here is what i am at so far for what to include:
  • Cover letter
  • i-751 Form
  • Front of GC
  • Back of GC
  • Banks statements - checking (can do plenty of these over the 2 years)
  • Banks statements - savings (can do plenty of these over the 2 years)
  • Apartment Lease - recently signed apartment lease for 2019-2021 (we're moving)
  • Apartment Leases for current apartment (2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19)
  • Joint Tax Returns Transcript 2017
  • Joint Tax Returns Transcript 2018
  • Statements for a certificate of deposit (CD) savings account started last year
  • Insurance for one our cars has us both named
  • Wife's life insurance with me named as the beneficiary
  • Health insurance from my wife's company
  • Pictures from family/friends events from the 2 years
  • Various bills from the past 2 years - most we are not jointly named on, but different ones in each of our names showing the same address
  • Copies of wife's ID before and after name change (since a lot of the statements, etc will show her prior name)

Any advice for additional things? especially to show the relationship besides living together and commingled finances?

Pics from vacations?
I saw something saying social media? what sort of things would that include? screenshots of posts? (the wife does things like birthday posts, etc)
As i mentioned previously, we got married back in 2017 just a small thing with parents, and then in 2018 had a bigger wedding with family and friends. I'm not sure if that is a common thing or not, but would that be looked upon badly? We obviously have loads of pictures of the day and that weekend in general with families and friends, but that was the middle of last summer, while our wedding date for terms of immigration proceedings was January (in New England!).

Anything else?

Given the above we think affidavits are not necessary? and I guess worst case we'd just be asked for more in which case we'd submit then?

Old Jun 13th 2019, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

CoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond repute

also was just reading a similar forum with people suggesting w2, etc should be submitted with tax return transcript?
Old Jun 13th 2019, 3:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You have way more than enough evidence.

If you have official IRS transcrpts, the W-2 is not needed.

Rene
Old Jun 24th 2019, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Just about ready to send this away, so it's coming together.

Something else I'm not sure about...

We married in January 2017, and that enabled us to begin immigration proceedings, and my original interview was around August that year.

However in July 2018 we had a 'proper' wedding with family and friends. Most people in attendance not knowing that we were already married. I am not sure how to handle that in terms of submitting evidence... for example, we could send all kinds of photos from the "proper wedding" with family, friends, etc, and likewise would have tickets, photos, etc from our honeymoon. However, these would be all dated Summer 2018, and yet our "wedding date" as far as immigration goes was January 2017.

Everything was legit/genuine, we just wanted to be able to have a 'proper wedding' later, but is that going to be questioned? Or should it be explained in the cover letter? Among immigrants that I am friends with, the situation doesnt seem uncommon, but not sure how it's supposed to be explained/accounted for as far as evidence goes. Or should that all be omitted, and we just focus on our 'life together'?
Old Jun 24th 2019, 5:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I personally wouldn't bother with photos from the bigger wedding and honeymoon. You were already married prior to that. Just focus on showing your joint life together.

Rene
Old Jun 24th 2019, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

well the thinking being that it's the biggest example of us with a bunch of family and friends in one place (we have one photo for example that is everybody that attended all in 1 pic), so seemed like a good photo to include? But not sure if it just creates questions about 2nd wedding, etc.
Old Jun 24th 2019, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't have a 2nd wedding, you had a celebration / anniversary party. Personally I wouldn't include it, we did same as you and just put in a bunch of different pictures.
Old Jun 29th 2019, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Affidavits are the lesser forms of evidence. There is NO requirement that they be included.

Also note, they know your wife's maiden name. Don't worry about the different surnames on accounts. They do have your marriage certificate on file.
The I-751 instructions say:

"The documents should include, but are not limited to, the following examples:

Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above"

So depending on how you read it you do need to include these ?

Old Jun 29th 2019, 5:50 pm

The items on that list are just examples of what you can include. Affidavits are optional. If you feel more comfortable including them, you certainly may.

Rene
Old Jun 29th 2019, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The items on that list are just examples of what you can include. Affidavits are optional. If you feel more comfortable including them, you certainly may.

Rene
So why state it should include ? Seems a little open to interpretation
Old Jun 29th 2019, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

I'm also getting my stuff together for the end of July.

The financial one could be challenge for most of us moving over as during the first year most would only give my wife credit and not include me. When we bought a house they then wouldnt put my USC wife on the mortgage with a great credit score but only me.
A month later she had to sign the BMW lease as they turned me down I am not worried about it but ourfinancial documents include us both. We have two joint bank accounts, put her on the title deed for the mortgage, joint investment account, tax transcript etc.

A lot of stuff seems overkill. I had to provide evidence in London for my CR1 and my wife will be signing the I-751. Coupled with the financial evidence you would think that's more than enough. Printing FB posts/photos etc seems OTT. If we were not together my wife wouldnt be signing the I-751.
Old Jul 25th 2019, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

I think I am about ready to file this... last couple of questions/double checks.

This form is filed 'by me' as petitioner right?

It's not my wife (USC) filing it for me? The wording of the form itself is asking for my information first, then that of the spouse.. but some of the cover letter templates I see are written from the POV of the USC spouse.

Secondly, I have all my evidence together. Am i right in thinking we do not need to include stuff like marriage certificate, birth certificates, etc all over again?

Literally just:

Cover Letter (this is just a brief intro then a summary of what I have included?)
Check
Front and Back of GC
Evidence of relationship
Old Jul 25th 2019, 10:38 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Correct
Old Jul 26th 2019, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Final final (probably dumb) question lol...

It states in the instructions, that if you need to use the extra sheet for additional information, then it should be signed and dated. However, there is no specific space for me to sign and date. I assume I am just supposed to find an 'open' spot on the page and add my signature/date?

(i am using the extra sheet to include my previous address, since it asks if you have lived anywhere else during my permanent residence, and we are in the process of moving house right now.. so i included the new address on the forms and the prior address as the "anywhere else lived" part).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.