Time to file I-751

Old May 20th 2019, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

CoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time to file I-751

Hi all, first time back on here in a while after several people helped with my initial filing for my 2 years conditional green card. Where does the time go huh?!

So i am approaching the 90 day window where i can file my I-751.

I found the below check list on USCIS site:

Most of it seems straight forward enough, and even not applicable. So my only real questions are suggested 'evidence' to use. Last time we did bills, joint accounts, apartment lease and that sort of thing. We would have similar now, but is there anything else we should be looking to include? Worth getting letters from anybody stating it was in good faith (we're still married!), etc? When it says "demonstrate the circumstance of the marriage from date of marriage to present date"... what would that entail exactly?

Also no further medical requirements? i had in my head that i would need to get a medical done again like last time, but maybe i dreamt that myself.

If you are filing a joint petition, did you provide the following?
  • Copies of the front and back of your Permanent Resident Card -
  • Copies of the front and back of the Permanent Resident Cards of any conditional resident children you are including in your petition (if applicable)
  • Evidence of the relationship
    • Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted status was entered in good faith and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws. Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date.
  • An explanation for reason you are filing late (if applicable)
  • An explanation for the reason you are filing separately from your primary conditional permanent resident parent (if applicable)
  • Dispositions on criminal charges, arrests, or convictions (if applicable)
Old May 20th 2019, 1:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to file I-751

Basically the same evidence as for the initial AOS just updated.

Bank statements (several current ones from a joint account);
Direct Deposit of earnings going into that account from you both if DD is done;
Letter from employer showing who is the beneficiary of work provided life insurance, healthcare (if shared), emergency contact;
Apartment and car leases if both named;
Driver's license (front and back) showing same address for both
Private life insurance policies and who is beneficiary;
Shared automobile insurance policies;
If you traveled together by plane, copies of your tickets;
and anything else that you have that shows you have financially and socially commingled your life.

Also put in some previously submitted documentation from your AOS.
Old May 20th 2019, 7:15 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

As an aside, be prepared to not get a decision on your case for 18 months. Timescales for the I-751 have dramatically increased. You'll be filing your N-400 (should you so choose) before you get a decision on this.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

CoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond reputeCoachMB has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the responses, i posted this ahead of time and just getting around to completing the paperwork..

Dumb question altert...

"Petitioner" is me as the conditional permanent resided applying for conditions to be removed, correct?

"spouse" is my wife?

If i remember right, when we did the initial paperwork 2 years ago, she was the "petitioner", so just want to confirm. Thanks.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Basically the same evidence as for the initial AOS just updated.

Bank statements (several current ones from a joint account);
Direct Deposit of earnings going into that account from you both if DD is done;
Letter from employer showing who is the beneficiary of work provided life insurance, healthcare (if shared), emergency contact;
Apartment and car leases if both named;
Driver's license (front and back) showing same address for both
Private life insurance policies and who is beneficiary;
Shared automobile insurance policies;
If you traveled together by plane, copies of your tickets;
and anything else that you have that shows you have financially and socially commingled your life.

Also put in some previously submitted documentation from your AOS.
Thanks for this list, couple of follow up questions.

Bank statements - initially my wife did not change her name (we legally married back in January 2017, then later had a bigger wedding with family and friends last year, she just got around to changing her name a couple of months ago), so most statements other than the last 1-2 will have her maiden name on it. Will this be a problem? Don't want it to look like the name change was done conveniently in time for filing the i-751...

the above will be the same for a lot of our joint things - utility bills, etc that have us both on, for most of the last 2 years will have her maiden name, only recent things will have the same name. is that going to look bad? It's genuinely above board, but now I think about it, i worry about how that could look.

Direct Deposit of earnings going into that account from you both if DD is done; - what would show as proof of this? i have pay slips, etc, but none of them show the account number or anything. Or is this something my employer can provide?

Apartment lease - can do this easily with both of us. Don't think we are both on the car stuff.

and anything else that you have that shows you have financially and socially commingled your life - any examples? should we be including photos, etc?

Last edited by CoachMB; Jun 10th 2019 at 1:03 am.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 1:28 am
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
As an aside, be prepared to not get a decision on your case for 18 months. Timescales for the I-751 have dramatically increased. You'll be filing your N-400 (should you so choose) before you get a decision on this.
^^ This, it took over 18 months for me, but we had an RFE, which took some time to compile that pushed the date back.

Originally Posted by CoachMB
Thanks for this list, couple of follow up questions.

Bank statements - initially my wife did not change her name (we legally married back in January 2017, then later had a bigger wedding with family and friends last year, she just got around to changing her name a couple of months ago), so most statements other than the last 1-2 will have her maiden name on it. Will this be a problem? Don't want it to look like the name change was done conveniently in time for filing the i-751...
Personally, I don't think this should be an issue as long as you explain it within your cover letter. It might be worth including scans of both her old (maiden name) and new drivers license as evidence to back this up. Our cover letter was approx 3 pages long that detailed everything that was contained within the document (as we submitted like 30+ photos that were labelled with locations, dates, people in it.etc as well as everything else, so there was alot) as well as explaining anything we thought was strange (it took me a while to find work, so we never got a joint bank account, and don't have kids).

Direct Deposit of earnings going into that account from you both if DD is done; - what would show as proof of this? i have pay slips, etc, but none of them show the account number or anything. Or is this something my employer can provide?
Tbh, we never submitted that, I just included my job title, name of employer, base salary and extras (bonus, stock.etc) and submitted the IRS transcripts that back up that the information is accurate - If you request transcripts from the IRS, get multiple copies as, Civilservant has mentioned, you'll prob file N-400 before you get result, and your tax information is a requirement.

Apartment lease - can do this easily with both of us. Don't think we are both on the car stuff.

and anything else that you have that shows you have financially and socially commingled your life - any examples? should we be including photos, etc?
We submitted evidence of an ongoing relationship (photos) - as mentioned above. We both take a lot of pics anyway, and have had friends visit/stay so we basically did a bulk print one night from both our phones and annotated it - this included Christmases, Birthdays, trips around the US, trips around the world, friend/family visits.etc .etc .etc (even one of me face planting a surf board - pretty sure that was the one that got the approval sorted). We also got notarized testimonies certifying we were in a loving relationship from (USC) friends (it's not a full requirement, we just didn't want to drag the process any longer, and had friends ready and willing to step in), a car lease, copies of both our drivers licenses, my old green card, apt lease & renewal, proof of health insurance for both of us through my employer.

I *think* thats everything we put in, but I can't stress enough that if you're worried about anything - just make sure its explained and documented to help a case officer make a decision.

HTH!
Old Jun 10th 2019, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

MaddiGibbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, first time back on here in a while after several people helped with my initial filing for my 2 years conditional green card. Where does the time go huh?!

So i am approaching the 90 day window where i can file my I-751.

I found the below check list on USCIS site:

Most of it seems straight forward enough, and even not applicable. So my only real questions are suggested 'evidence' to use. Last time we did bills, joint accounts, apartment lease and that sort of thing. We would have similar now, but is there anything else we should be looking to include? Worth getting letters from anybody stating it was in good faith (we're still married!), etc? When it says "demonstrate the circumstance of the marriage from date of marriage to present date"... what would that entail exactly?

Also no further medical requirements? i had in my head that i would need to get a medical done again like last time, but maybe i dreamt that myself.

If you are filing a joint petition, did you provide the following?
  • Copies of the front and back of your Permanent Resident Card -
  • Copies of the front and back of the Permanent Resident Cards of any conditional resident children you are including in your petition (if applicable)
  • Evidence of the relationship
    • Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted status was entered in good faith and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws. Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date.
  • An explanation for reason you are filing late (if applicable)
  • An explanation for the reason you are filing separately from your primary conditional permanent resident parent (if applicable)
  • Dispositions on criminal charges, arrests, or convictions (if applicable)
Hey! I went through this myself 11mo this ago and filed as early as I could.

We included sooo many things to prove the relationship like lots of photos, Facebook posts, emails, Facebook messages, rental agreement, letters and cards we sent each other, hotel reservations and even our jointly signed day care agreement for our son.... on top of the usual bank accounts (incl. full transaction history), full tax returns since you married, statement, copies of marriage certificate, bills to our joint address and even all !y pay stubs in my name, address and marital status... etc.

There's no medical but you should look to include a few Affidavits of Support ideally from folks you've known or !et since you got married.

Hope this helps!

Old Jun 12th 2019, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Is there much weight put on letters of support, etc?

Also so i am now in my 90 day window. Am i right thinking i just need to submit within this period? ( obviously not leaving too late! )
Old Jun 12th 2019, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Also so i am now in my 90 day window. Am i right thinking i just need to submit within this period? ( obviously not leaving too late! )
From what I understand re:support letter, its a requirement to have at last two but they're not as important as all the other evidence (tax returns, joint assets, etc)....

i would go ahead and file asap, get it in early!
Old Jun 12th 2019, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Also, when it comes to bills, etc.

we we have some in my name and some in hers depending on who set it up. Would providing a selection of these be enough, even though they aren’t all “joint” would show us living at the same address?
Old Jun 12th 2019, 1:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

They are not required, they are just one form of evidence you could submit, and one of the lawyers who used to post here always said they were the weakest form of evidence.

Yes, anytime within this 90-day window.

Rene

Old Jun 12th 2019, 1:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

we we have some in my name and some in hers depending on who set it up. Would providing a selection of these be enough, even though they aren’t all “joint” would show us living at the same address?
Yes, that would be fine.

Rene
Old Jun 12th 2019, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

We are in the same situation re:bills, so we made sure we supplied any and all bills to show the bills/assets were for the same address we both lived at (for both residences we lived at).

Old Jun 12th 2019, 12:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaddiGibbs
From what I understand re:support letter, its a requirement to have at last two but they're not as important as all the other evidence (tax returns, joint assets, etc)....

i would go ahead and file asap, get it in early!
Affidavits are the lesser forms of evidence. There is NO requirement that they be included.

Also note, they know your wife's maiden name. Don't worry about the different surnames on accounts. They do have your marriage certificate on file.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the response. I have a couple of people i think will do letters. One is my employer who knows me very well and has met my wife, possibly the priest who married us too.

In asking them to do so, what sort of thing should they be looking to say in the letter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.