for those in London

Old Aug 28th 2002, 1:01 pm
Ready

Default for those in London

I am trying to find a hotel in London. they seem to be more expensive than here in
the US. this is ironic to me. Will it cost more than 35/day/person to eat there? I
think about 20 pounds a day.

Old Aug 28th 2002, 2:09 pm
Paul

Default Re: for those in London

It really depends on the part of London you stay in, as it does anywhere London has
its "fair priced" and its very expensive parts.

You can spend as much or as little as you want to.

"Ready" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:%neb9.215831$me6.28444@sccrnsc01...
    > I am trying to find a hotel in London. they seem to be more expensive than here in
    > the US. this is ironic to me. Will it cost more than 35/day/person to eat there? I
    > think about 20 pounds a day.

Old Aug 28th 2002, 5:19 pm
Jacque Robertson

I think you are going to find it hard to get anything under £50.00 for the
capital. You might be better off trying one of the suburbs, but still within the
underground network.

Regards Jacqueline

"Ready" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:%neb9.215831$me6.28444@sccrnsc01...
    > I am trying to find a hotel in London. they seem to be more expensive than here in
    > the US. this is ironic to me. Will it cost more than 35/day/person to eat there? I
    > think about 20 pounds a day.

Old Aug 28th 2002, 7:37 pm
S.M.

We stayed in the Hotel Earls Court, a 1 minute walk away from the (Earls Court) tube
station (and a few stops to Marble Arch) and only cost us £55 (£45 for 1 person), but
you could tell it was a cheap spot. The bathroom was about the size of one on a small
sailboat. But if you just want something cheap, and a bed to sleep on it'll do (020
7373 7079), its basically the same price as a youth hostel (as there was 2 of us) and
you have your privacy.

"jacque robertson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:J9ib9.7184$F35.130988@newsfep2-win-
.server.ntli.net
    > I think you are going to find it hard to get anything under £50.00 for the capital.
    > You might be better off trying one of the suburbs, but still within the underground
    > network.
    > Regards Jacqueline
    > "Ready" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:%neb9.215831$me6.28444@sccrnsc01...
    > > I am trying to find a hotel in London. they seem to be more expensive than here
    > > in the US. this is ironic to me. Will it cost more than 35/day/person to eat
    > > there? I think about 20 pounds a day.
    > >
    > >

Old Aug 28th 2002, 7:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ready:
I am trying to find a hotel in London. they seem to be more expensive than here in the US. this is ironic to me. Will it cost more than 35/day/person to eat there? I think about 20 pounds a day.
Why is it "ironic"?

Hotels in New York are massively more expensive than most places in the US, hotels in London are also very expensive, as they are in Paris and Tokyo. Hotels in major business, cultural, and tourist centers are expensive, they always are, that is the way of the world.

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 29th 2002 at 6:28 am.