Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Thinking of marry a USC, but not an ordinary situation!

Wikiposts

Thinking of marry a USC, but not an ordinary situation!

Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

katiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Thinking of marry a USC, but not an ordinary situation!

Outside of the stomach-twisting nervousness that seems to be typical for everyone who goes through this, it's been very simple. The paperwork is very straightforward and what few questions I've had the people on this forum have been very helpful in answering.

The hardest part, honestly, is the waiting. By the time he gets out here we'll have been apart for seven months and it's driving us a little crazy lol.

If you guys file now... then in January or February (possibly March) you might be through what my fiance and I call Phase 1 (USCIS). Then give NVC a month to process and send to the embassy (Phase 2). Last is Phase 3 which, like I said, is taking us now close to three months by the time we get his interview sorted... so you might be done by June if you file now.

I don't know about the CR-1 stuff, there are people that have gone that route that would be better able to offer advice and I think their process has gone a tad more quickly *Shrugs*
Old Aug 18th 2011, 4:39 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of marry a USC, but not an ordinary situation!

Originally Posted by craig_sp
I saw the DCF option, but see the USC must live abroad (6 months in UK case) for London to process a DCF application. That is a shame as it cuts out stage 3 in the process and 3-5 months process time is better than 8-10 months for the others!
Don't worry, even the DCF process has slowed down now, and takes around 8 - 10 months, just like the other methods. So you're really not missing out on anything by not being eligible for DCF.

If being together fastest is what you're after, the K-1 is the way to go, since the I-129F can be filed as soon as the USC has all the required documentation together.

Rene