Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Think that I have all the AOS stuff in Seattle figured out:)

Wikiposts

Think that I have all the AOS stuff in Seattle figured out:)

Old Feb 19th 2004, 2:30 am
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Think that I have all the AOS stuff in Seattle figured out:)

I post a thread a couple days ago about some confusion that I has having with the directions of the checklist from the Seattle USCIS office and the directions both online and the directions on the indivdual forms themselves.

I called the national customer service line and was told that a copy of the I-94 is fine to send and you do not need to send the original as the Seattle checklist shows. (I remember that Nanette also mentioned that the guy at the POE said to never let it leave your person).

The I-693 - Still a little tricky, but the online directions and phone person both say that for K1 visa where a medical was done within a year of filing that all one needs is a I-693 vacc. supplement. If in Seattle, I HIGHLY suggest or recommend using VVMD medical in Lynnwood as they know exactly what to do and are of course on the USCIS list.

If anyone want to look at my cover letter for my AOS pacakge to let me know if I am missing anything or wants to use it as a templete, it is parked at:

http://www.frontier-trading.com/aos.htm

Thanks,

Scott
Old Feb 19th 2004, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

hoosier wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Think that I have all the AOS stuff in Seattle figured out:)

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
I post a thread a couple days ago about some confusion that I has having with the directions of the checklist from the Seattle USCIS office and the directions both online and the directions on the indivdual forms themselves.

I called the national customer service line and was told that a copy of the I-94 is fine to send and you do not need to send the original as the Seattle checklist shows. (I remember that Nanette also mentioned that the guy at the POE said to never let it leave your person).

The I-693 - Still a little tricky, but the online directions and phone person both say that for K1 visa where a medical was done within a year of filing that all one needs is a I-693 vacc. supplement. If in Seattle, I HIGHLY suggest or recommend using VVMD medical in Lynnwood as they know exactly what to do and are of course on the USCIS list.

If anyone want to look at my cover letter for my AOS pacakge to let me know if I am missing anything or wants to use it as a templete, it is parked at:

Thanks,

Scott
Hey Scott........... Just a quick question!

I looked at the AOS link you made......... very snazzy! How come you filled in a G325A form too?! Im pretty sure when i filed back in Novemeber it only asked for me to fill out 4 of them and my wife didnt.......... the only thing she needed to worry about was the Affidavit of support and the tax/bank stuff with the letter from the employer!

Something i would add to the letter if possible is to put the check numbers corresponding to the form next to it in the letter......... i didnt do that the first time........ i just shoved it in an envelope and sent it........... it came back saying the the checks hadnt been included........ so i stapled the dang things to the form........ wrote a letter stating what checks went were........ we got an NOA of 24th November.

Good luck to you!

Shaun
Old Feb 19th 2004, 3:25 am
Scott and Nanette

Originally posted by hoosier wannabe
Hey Scott........... Just a quick question!

I looked at the AOS link you made......... very snazzy! How come you filled in a G325A form too?! Im pretty sure when i filed back in Novemeber it only asked for me to fill out 4 of them and my wife didnt.......... the only thing she needed to worry about was the Affidavit of support and the tax/bank stuff with the letter from the employer!

Something i would add to the letter if possible is to put the check numbers corresponding to the form next to it in the letter......... i didnt do that the first time........ i just shoved it in an envelope and sent it........... it came back saying the the checks hadnt been included........ so i stapled the dang things to the form........ wrote a letter stating what checks went were........ we got an NOA of 24th November.

Good luck to you!

Shaun
Thanks, Shaun...

I did put the check, bank info and account number there, just took it off for the web version

The list of contents is taken from the Checklist that I got from Seattle USCIS. It asked for the G-325A for both me and her....

Scott
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

hoosier wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Shaun...

I did put the check, bank info and account number there, just took it off for the web version

The list of contents is taken from the Checklist that I got from Seattle USCIS. It asked for the G-325A for both me and her....

Scott
I tried looking just now for a 'checklist' for Indy suboffice but i couldnt find one.......... can anyone send me in the direction of it or the link would be even better!

Scott........ i knew you probably had already thought about the check numbers etc but i also knew you wouldnt be stoopid as to put it where all the weirdos could see it!

Good luck Scott!
Shaun

ps........... been fishin' lately?
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:04 am
Scott and Nanette

Originally posted by hoosier wannabe
I tried looking just now for a 'checklist' for Indy suboffice but i couldnt find one.......... can anyone send me in the direction of it or the link would be even better!

Scott........ i knew you probably had already thought about the check numbers etc but i also knew you wouldnt be stoopid as to put it where all the weirdos could see it!

Good luck Scott!
Shaun

ps........... been fishin' lately?
No fishing for the last few months, but I am planning on pulling the boat out of its holding tent this weekend for a quick spin around the Port of Everett... Plenty of room in the boat

Scott
Old Feb 19th 2004, 11:07 am
Linda

ScottHenshaw <member9290@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

>
    > http://www.frontier-trading.com/aos.htm
    >
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Scott

Scott,
Thanks for a great example of your list. I am working on putting my
cover letter together right now, and your post really helped me since
I am filing through Seattle aswell.

I am wondering where you got the checklist to base your list from.
I'm not sure why you included 3 photos with the AOS and not just 2.
Also, do you think my husband (US) needs to fill out a G-325A aswell?
Any input would help me.
Thanks so much.
Lyn

Old Feb 19th 2004, 11:12 am
Linda

ScottHenshaw <member9290@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> The I-693 - Still a little tricky, but the online directions
    > and phone person both say that for K1 visa where a medical was done
    > within a year of filing that all one needs is a I-693 vacc. supplement.
    > If in Seattle, I HIGHLY suggest or recommend using VVMD medical in
    > Lynnwood as they know exactly what to do and are of course on the USCIS
    > list.
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Scott

I just wanted to add one more thing. Thanks for your input on the
Medical aswell. I would like to suggest that NO ONE go to the General
Medical Clinic in Puyallup, WA. It was the most horrible medical
experience I've ever had. This was my second INS medical (I had one
in Vancouver for the K3, its expired now) and this was so much worse.
A really incompetent staff to point of them being a danger, I am
reporting them, so hopefully they won't be on the list anymore.

Lyn

Old Feb 19th 2004, 12:26 pm
Scott and Nanette

Lyn,

I was so impressed with the VVMD clinic in Lynwwod and the Doctor, that I am going to start using him as my family doctor. He explains and understands things very well, and is very professional. He is also an officer in the Army and is going to be going on a tour of Iraq in March.

I got the check list when I went down to the Seattle office on 815 and Airport way south. I will scan it into adobe pdf and email it to you if you would like. Just PM me with your email address.

Also, someone sent me an email stating that in the cover letter be sure to include a paragraph about your situation. To tell about what type of visa, etc.

One my cover letter, I also have some info such as A#, name, Visa number, etc. that I took off for the web. Be sure that you have all that there

Scott
Old Feb 19th 2004, 12:26 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

Scott

Hey Scott!!

THANKS A LOT!!!
I am saving it
Old Feb 19th 2004, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

ElusiveSongbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,

Looks like you have everything in hand. Just a minor but somewhat essential thought .......... you may want to put your documents in the order listed in the guidelines to each form and not according to your cover letter.

I prepared a list of contents like yours but the officer who took my application gave it back to me and went on to make sure the attachments were with the appropraite forms and in the right sequence. He was pleased that we had it right and date-stamped each form, including our own copy when we asked for it.

I also enclosed additional evidence but he didn't want any of them and said, to bring them only when asked -- otherwise, our application may fall into "query" and be delayed. I was confused but later found out being too forthwith with eivience or too well prepared can raise questions or suspicion!

In the end, it really depends on the person who eventually handles each case, and I suppose they all don't want to have to deal with more paper than they already have to.

Good Luck!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 6:49 pm
Scott and Nanette

Originally posted by ElusiveSongbird
Scott,

Looks like you have everything in hand. Just a minor but somewhat essential thought .......... you may want to put your documents in the order listed in the guidelines to each form and not according to your cover letter.

I prepared a list of contents like yours but the officer who took my application gave it back to me and went on to make sure the attachments were with the appropraite forms and in the right sequence. He was pleased that we had it right and date-stamped each form, including our own copy when we asked for it.

I also enclosed additional evidence but he didn't want any of them and said, to bring them only when asked -- otherwise, our application may fall into "query" and be delayed. I was confused but later found out being too forthwith with eivience or too well prepared can raise questions or suspicion!

In the end, it really depends on the person who eventually handles each case, and I suppose they all don't want to have to deal with more paper than they already have to.

Good Luck!
Thanks songbird. I listed my contects exactly as the checklist said to put them in, word for word, item by item. As soon as I get caught up on some late night work, I will scan my checklist that was given to me by the Seattle office onto my little aos site

Scott
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:14 pm
Scott and Nanette

Sort of nice being up this late I put the checklist that I got from Seattle up on my little fancy aos page. Either I am going nuts, or I pretty much just copied the checklist as my cover letter.... Someone please double check me to make sure that I am not out of order

I do see that this was printed at the tail end of 2003, so maybe that the order that everyone is familair with is an old one????

Ahhhhhh... Of to bed!

Scott

www.frontier-trading.com/aos.htm the pdf file is 500 kb so please be patient if you are on a dial up....
Old Feb 20th 2004, 2:34 am
Linda

Scott

Thanks so much for posting this checklist. I really don't understand
how they can ask for so much more than it lists in the forms. How are
we supposed to know all of this just by what is listed on the USCIS
website. It doesn't make sense.

So now I have to go get more photos taken today. How fun. Also, how
did you attach the photo to the G325A? Staple? Glue? Paperclip?

Thanks!
Lyn

Old Feb 20th 2004, 2:53 am
Linda

One more thing Scott, I think you should make it more clear on your
cover letter where you included this required info:
Petition for Alien Relative OR copy of approval letter (I-797) not
reciept
All I see on your cover letter pertaining to this is at the very
bottom under Additional Information that will help with AOS:

1. Copy of NOA2

Maybe explain what the NOA2 is. Cause we tend to use those
abbreviations a lot online and in our filing, but I think you should
be more specific on the letter. When they are scanning over your
cover letter they are going to be specifically looking for:

"Petition for Alien Relative OR copy of approval letter (I-797) not
reciept"

On mine I put:
§ Copy of I-797 (approval of immigrant petition I-130)

Thanks so much for all your help with this, I really appreciate it. I
will be mailing my package off this afternoon hopefully, after I get
the second set of photos taken. I might get the first set retaken
since it looks like the photographer scratched them when cutting them.

Thanks Again Scott
Good luck with everything
Lyn

Old Feb 20th 2004, 3:09 am
Linda

Of course, I have one more question

You mentioned to right a paragraph specific to our situation (visa,
etc). All the enclosed documents list takes up a whole page, should I
put the paragraph on the second page, or should my paragraph be on the
first page? I know it sounds minor, but when they open it up, what
should they see first?

Also, do you recommend dropping it off in person? Or mailing it?
Thanks
Lyn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.