Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Things needed for K1 status

Wikiposts

Things needed for K1 status

Old Dec 11th 2001, 9:32 am
Mdustan

Hey gang, i am getting ready to beging filling forms for a visa for my fiance who is
a mexican national. What kinds of evidence will i need to provide to establish that
we have indeed met in person, will they want to see letters, copies of emails and
correspondence between us from the past? Does anybody with experience in this process
have any general advice for helping the interview process go smoothly? Thanks for any
help you can give, as you all know this is a long and tiring process, hopefully all
will be well! Cheers

Old Dec 11th 2001, 1:29 pm
Debbie Barfield

Letters, emails, correspondence can all serve as evidence of a relationship. Photos
of the two of you together is the best evidence of having actually met.

Debbie

Old Dec 11th 2001, 5:28 pm
Shelley

The best place for info on the entire process, from the I-129F all the way to the
Green Card is www.k1faq.com Also try posting at alt.visa.us.marriage-based for lots
of folks going through this process. When I file my I-129F for my (now) husband, I
sent copies of my boarding passes, telephone bills, e-mails, and most important -
photos. Another great place with examples of completed forms and helpful hints is Doc
Steen's site http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm accept the
disclaimer and read, read, read Take Care. Shelley

>
fiance
    >
to
    >
letters,
    >
anybody
    >
    >