Reload this Page >

Things to Bring to AOS Interview in Philly

Wikiposts

Things to Bring to AOS Interview in Philly

Old Mar 24th 2002, 2:05 am
Chris Binkley

Default Things to Bring to AOS Interview in Philly

Our interview letter didn't tell us to do a thing. From reading the group, I've
gathered we need evidence, but it didn't tell us about bringing a vaccination record
or seeing an American doctor to get it validated. My wife's vaccination records are
in the sealed brown envelope, so if they didn't request it, do we need it?

Thanks!

Old Mar 24th 2002, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

mdk356 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Things to Bring to AOS Interview in Philly

Unfortunately, I don't have answers to your questions, but ... could you do us Philly applicants a favor and post your time line (date of AOS filing, AP/EAD receipt date, fingerprint date, interview notification date, interview date, etc.)?

Many thanks!
Old Mar 25th 2002, 5:14 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Chris

Hmmm surprised that you didn't let of things to bring. Going to try and remember as much as I can

Photo ID for you both.

EAD and A/P if you have it

Foreign spouse's passport

Employer letters (from both if both working) showing date started, type of employment, salary, name of beneficiaries on insurances, 401K, emergency contact slip.

Originals of any copies you submitted previously

Any and all documents that are jointly held, i.e. auto registration, auto insurance, bank accounts, rental lease, house deed, utility bills, phone bills, etc.

Bring a few photos of your wedding if you have them and any vacation you took together.

Cards and envelopes addressed to you both.

Suggestion is to make up to folders in the same order. One for originals and one for the copies. Even make copies of your driver's licenses so that the examiner doesn't have to do it.

You give INS the copies and you keep the originals.

Rita
Old Mar 25th 2002, 4:02 pm
Simon Jessey

<do us Philly applicants a favor and post your time line (date of AOS filing, AP/EAD
receipt date, fingerprint date, interview notification date, interview date, etc.)>

Didn't see the beginning of this thread, but here's mine so far:-

AOS filed January 28th, 2002, with EAD. I didn't file for Advance Parole.

Received fingerprint notification 03/01/02, dated 02/27/02.

Received NOA (for the AOS) on 03/12/02 date 03/08/02 saying processing time was
10 months.

03/13/02 I got fingerprinted and received notifcation for EAD, dated 03/08/02.

Picked up EAD (funky-looking photocard) on 03/20/02.

That is it so far - full details on my website.

Simon

See my timeline and get K1 / AOS info at my website:- http://jessey.net/visa

Old Mar 25th 2002, 4:37 pm
Weegiewife

If you are adjusting from on a marriage basis, and the marriage certificate was
something you submitted in copy form - don't forget to bring the original of that!
(Just in case in gathering the other paperwork together you forget the obvious)

Old Mar 26th 2002, 3:44 pm
Gueman

Hi there,

I started my AOS in Baltimore, but we then moved to PA and therefore they transferred
us to Philly. I did receive one AP there and I had my AOS interview. Did your wife
get a physical from an INS approved Dr.? Cause I believe that was part of the
requirement for the I485 or one of those forms. That was submitted along with the
rest of your papers and stuff so I think that the vaccination stuff is all contained
in that package. That's part of the reason for the physical - to make sure all
vaccinations are current.

I went to alot of trouble gathering pictures, letters from friends/priest/relatives
etc, getting letters from the bank and my husbands employer, collecting bills in both
our names, etc. and put it all together in a nice binder and the Immigration Officer
didn't even open the book. Nor did he ask for it. All he wanted was Photo ID and he
asked us stupid questions and he asked each of us the same thing to see it we would
answer the same. I thought the whole interview was a joke. We had already been
married 2 years at the time of the Interview and we took our 5 month old son with us.
The only thing we had to do was to submit 2 new Biological Forms (G 325 I think?)
since it had taken them 2 years to get us an interview. But we took those back in
person the following day and got my stamp right then.

It took them just shy of a year to give me my actual green card and I had to submit
a form to them inquiring where it was after 11 months. I did go back and get
another stamp in my passport just in case I didn't get the card before my first
stamp expired.

Hope this helps!! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask

Alicia

"weegiewife" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > If you are adjusting from on a marriage basis, and the marriage certificate was
    > something you submitted in copy form - don't forget to bring the original of that!
    > (Just in case in gathering the other paperwork together you forget the obvious)