Reload this Page >

Thailand visa interview - police record

Wikiposts

Thailand visa interview - police record

Old Apr 29th 2002, 5:10 pm
Sandwich

Default Thailand visa interview - police record

I have gotten approval of my I-129F from the TSC (only took 20 days!) Hopefully
packet 3 is on the way to my fiancee. I think we have everything we need, however I
have one question. We have obtained her police record from Thailand already. My
fiancee lived in Malaysia for a few years. I was wondering if a police record from
Malaysia will be required by the embassy for visa approval? I hadn't thought of this
before, I hope it isn't required as police records from Malaysia take one to two
months to recieve. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old Apr 29th 2002, 5:40 pm
jconrad

Default Re: Thailand visa interview - police record

Just went through the process in Bangkok, Thailand a few months ago with my finance.
Police records are not required at all in Thailand for the U.S. Embassy. This will be
indicated too in the paperwork checklist when your fiancé receives the packet in the
mail to prepare for the interview.

Joe

"Sandwich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I have gotten approval of my I-129F from the TSC (only took 20 days!) Hopefully
    > packet 3 is on the way to my fiancee. I think we have everything we need, however I
    > have one question. We have obtained her police record from Thailand already. My
    > fiancee lived in Malaysia for a few years. I was wondering if a police record from
    > Malaysia will be required by the embassy for visa approval? I hadn't thought of
    > this before, I hope it isn't required as police records from Malaysia take one to
    > two months to recieve. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old Apr 29th 2002, 6:10 pm
Sandwich

Thanks Joe, that makes me feel better. I was a little worried about that. So how did
the interview go? Did you need anything special and what questions did they ask?
Thanks again.

Jeremy

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 04:58:02 GMT, <[email protected]> wrote:

>Just went through the process in Bangkok, Thailand a few months ago with my finance.
    >Police records are not required at all in Thailand for the U.S. Embassy. This will
    >be indicated too in the paperwork checklist when your fiancé receives the packet in
    >the mail to prepare for the interview.
    >
    >Joe
    >
    >
    >"Sandwich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> I have gotten approval of my I-129F from the TSC (only took 20 days!) Hopefully
    >> packet 3 is on the way to my fiancee. I think we have everything we need, however
    >> I have one question. We have obtained her police record from Thailand already. My
    >> fiancee lived in Malaysia for a few years. I was wondering if a police record from
    >> Malaysia will be required by the embassy for visa approval? I hadn't thought of
    >> this before, I hope it isn't required as police records from Malaysia take one to
    >> two months to recieve. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    >

Old Apr 29th 2002, 10:40 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Sandwich wrote:
    > I have gotten approval of my I-129F from the TSC (only took 20 days!) Hopefully
    > packet 3 is on the way to my fiancee. I think we have everything we need, however I
    > have one question. We have obtained her police record from Thailand already. My
    > fiancee lived in Malaysia for a few years. I was wondering if a police record from
    > Malaysia will be required by the embassy for visa approval? I hadn't thought of
    > this before, I hope it isn't required as police records from Malaysia take one to

1. She will need the thai police record, they have just started issuing these.
2. she will need the police report from Malaysia, see this URL to get info on how to
obtain it: http://travel.state.gov/reciprocity/...M/Malaysia.htm

Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Apr 30th 2002, 12:10 am
Andy Platt

Just shows how quickly things change. Police records *are* now required in Thailand
and the DoS website says how to get them.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...
    > Just went through the process in Bangkok, Thailand a few months ago with
my
    > finance. Police records are not required at all in Thailand for the U.S. Embassy.
    > This will be indicated too in the paperwork checklist when your fiancé receives the
    > packet in the mail to prepare for the interview.
    >
    > Joe
    >
    >
    > "Sandwich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I have gotten approval of my I-129F from the TSC (only took 20 days!) Hopefully
    > > packet 3 is on the way to my fiancee. I think we have everything we need, however
    > > I have one question. We have obtained her police record from Thailand already. My
    > > fiancee lived in Malaysia for a few years. I was wondering if a police record
    > > from Malaysia will be required by the embassy for visa approval? I hadn't thought
    > > of this before, I hope it isn't required as police records from Malaysia take one
    > > to two months to recieve. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    >

Old Apr 30th 2002, 2:10 am
John

Yes she will need the Thai police certificate. Just went through this for my fiancée.
You can find some good information from this site.
http://travel.state.gov/reciprocity/...T/Thailand.htm

John

"Sandwich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...