Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Thailand K3 and needing Lawyer

Wikiposts

Thailand K3 and needing Lawyer

Old May 8th 2002, 3:20 pm
Glennb6

Default Thailand K3 and needing Lawyer

Hi, I'm in the process of getting all together to do a i-130 followed by a K3 for my
Thai wife. I'm pretty certain that we have a couple of 'special' circumstances that
will mean I will need a qualified immigration lawyer. I've emailed at least 25
lawyers in the US - only 3 have replyed stating they couldn't help and the other 22
haven't even replied. It's been 2 weeks since emailing.

So, if anyone has used a reputable immigration lawyer and wants to post their email
address on this group as a referal to me, I may become a client.

Thanks,

Glenn

Old May 10th 2002, 2:20 pm
Chris Anderson

Default Re: Thailand K3 and needing Lawyer

Aloha,

My wife is from Thailand as well. We married in Thailand and registered the marriage.
I assume you have done the same thing.

The hard part is gathering all the information for the 325A form. This was allot of
work for me - laughs. My wife doesn't speak English and my Thai is best for day to
day stuff.

I could see that gathering all the information could have been harder if she was
still living upcountry. As it was she still had to travel to get her Birth
Certificate.

I was well prepared when I arrived for our big Buddish Wedding. I had all the 325A
forms printed out. I also hired a translation servise close to the American Embassy.

I still remember sitting around (on the floor of coarse) trying to get parents
Birthdates. No one knew the Fathers Birth year - he was on his way upcountry already.

As I remember you need to really work at getting acurate info for the 325A forms
(as much as possible). I think maybe you can do everything yourself - but it
wasn't easy for me. Divorce must be documented if a previous marriage was
registered. Some Thai woman have babies that are totally left with the Father and
his family. These problems you must find out about. It's not that hard - well ??.
Anyway it's no big deal.

If she was a bar girl - never never admitt that. You can ask some of the other guys
on the Falang_Thai Board. Go www.delphiforums.com searchword Falang you will find
the forum.

Do you speak good Thai?

I used Khun Supatcha - Translation Service [email protected] She is about 2 blocks
from the American Embassy.

You can write me if you want - it's not easy but I did it - K-3 approved yesterday.

Choke Dee, Chris

[email protected] (glennb6) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Hi, I'm in the process of getting all together to do a i-130 followed by a K3 for
    > my Thai wife. I'm pretty certain that we have a couple of 'special' circumstances
    > that will mean I will need a qualified immigration lawyer. I've emailed at least 25
    > lawyers in the US - only 3 have replyed stating they couldn't help and the other 22
    > haven't even replied. It's been 2 weeks since emailing.
    >
    > So, if anyone has used a reputable immigration lawyer and wants to post their email
    > address on this group as a referal to me, I may become a client.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Glenn