Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Thai Girl Marrying American - Go K1 or K3 for Fastest Entry

Wikiposts

Thai Girl Marrying American - Go K1 or K3 for Fastest Entry

Old Mar 8th 2004, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

bguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nice
Default Re: Thai Girl Marrying American - Go K1 or K3 for Fastest Entry

Originally posted by The Doctor
Hello, I know depending on the country and state involved, sometimes
it is better to do a K1 instead of a K3.

I live in California, she is located in Thailand. Which is the best
way to go?

Also, any particular hang up or things we should be prepared for since
she is from Thailand? I know they are really strict, one of my Thai
friends who is here on a student visa almost didn't make it despite
being accepted into UCLA and having plenty of money in the bank to
cover her stay here.

The Doctor

"And isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway? I mean
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when
you're good and crazy, oooh oooh oooh, the sky is the
limit!"-The Tick

if you can do dcl in chiang mai do it they are great there. bkk sucks and want all paperwork. my wife just got k-3 yesterday in bkk and on way real soon.
Old Mar 8th 2004, 4:40 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

bguy,

What is dcl?

The Chiangmai consulate does not have an IV unit - all K and immigrant visas are processed in Bangkok.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by bguy1954
if you can do dcl in chiang mai do it they are great there. bkk sucks and want all paperwork. my wife just got k-3 yesterday in bkk and on way real soon.
Old Mar 8th 2004, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

bguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nice

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
bguy,

What is dcl?

The Chiangmai consulate does not have an IV unit - all K and immigrant visas are processed in Bangkok.

Regards, JEff

well good luck with bkk..
(Atten: gregorypatrick ) [email protected]

this is the chief of visa section private email it helped me but do not say i gave you but what the hell we are passed the embassy or contact [email protected] he is vice consul in chiang mai and will forward things to bkk and you get a faster reply from bkk
Old Mar 8th 2004, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

this is the chief of visa section private email it helped me but do not say i gave you but what the hell we are passed the embassy or contact [email protected] he is vice consul in chiang mai and will forward things to bkk and you get a faster reply from bkk

DCF not DCL direct consulate filing for if you are in country and not in usa
Old Mar 8th 2004, 5:12 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

bguy,

That e-mail address is public information - it's posted on the embassy's web site.

Regards, JEff

this is the chief of visa section private email it helped me but do not say i gave you but what the hell we are passed the embassy or contact ...
Old Mar 8th 2004, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
bguy,

That e-mail address is public information - it's posted on the embassy's web site.

Regards, JEff
yes but if you put attention to gregory patrick who is the chief of visa section it can help for a faster reply. i waited for two weeks for a reply til i started using his name personally. i am not sure but it puts them on notice personally and when my wife came for her visa they were ready for her by name because i had contacted with a name not just an address. hey any little thing can help believe it.