Terminating/Holding K-3 application

Wikiposts

Terminating/Holding K-3 application

Old Nov 22nd 2003, 3:31 am
Just Joined

hccyong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Terminating/Holding K-3 application

Hi,
We recently received our 2nd NOA (approval notice) for our I-129F as part of the K-3 process. My wife's also got information from the Consulate General as expected. However, troubles in our current relationship means that we want to put the whole process on hold before going further, and we're considering terminating it altogether. The generic note from the Consulate General says that we must respond immediately with the forms and additional information. The NOA2 says that the approval notice is valid from 10/27/2003 thru 02/27/2004. How much time do we have to decide what to do? Do I have to submit the additional information to the Consulate General by 02/27/2004, or must I get my visa by then? Thanks.
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 4:02 am
Gin
Forum Regular

Gin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really nice
Default Re: Terminating/Holding K-3 application

Originally posted by hccyong
Hi,
We recently received our 2nd NOA (approval notice) for our I-129F as part of the K-3 process. My wife's also got information from the Consulate General as expected. However, troubles in our current relationship means that we want to put the whole process on hold before going further, and we're considering terminating it altogether. The generic note from the Consulate General says that we must respond immediately with the forms and additional information. The NOA2 says that the approval notice is valid from 10/27/2003 thru 02/27/2004. How much time do we have to decide what to do? Do I have to submit the additional information to the Consulate General by 02/27/2004, or must I get my visa by then? Thanks.

We sent ours express mail to the montreal consulate to get there the last day of the validity dates. I wouldn't wait till the last min. but if you decide to go ahead once your relationship troubles are better do at that time. Go ahead and get your Birth Certificates and your police clearance as those takes time and you don't want to be scrambling once the decision to continue is made. Getting them will not commit you to anything. (Police Clearance and BC is in packet 3 from the Consulate)

Completing the i 129 F process even with the interview at the consulate only gets you to the states. You will still have to wait for the I 130 approval.

Immigration is hard even on the best of relationships and ours are usually long distance relationships which are hard enough on their own.

Wish you well!
Gin
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 4:56 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply, Gin!

Yeah we could consider getting all the certificates and paperwork ready, but it is sort of difficult and inconsistent with our interaction at this point.

So you sent your info to the consulate at the last valid date based on your I-129F NOA2? Thanks.

Originally posted by Gin
We sent ours express mail to the montreal consulate to get there the last day of the validity dates. I wouldn't wait till the last min. but if you decide to go ahead once your relationship troubles are better do at that time. Go ahead and get your Birth Certificates and your police clearance as those takes time and you don't want to be scrambling once the decision to continue is made. Getting them will not commit you to anything. (Police Clearance and BC is in packet 3 from the Consulate)

Completing the i 129 F process even with the interview at the consulate only gets you to the states. You will still have to wait for the I 130 approval.

Immigration is hard even on the best of relationships and ours are usually long distance relationships which are hard enough on their own.

Wish you well!
Gin
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 5:18 am
Gin
Forum Regular

Gin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really nice

Thanks for your reply, Gin!

Yeah we could consider getting all the certificates and paperwork ready, but it is sort of difficult and inconsistent with our interaction at this point.

So you sent your info to the consulate at the last valid date based on your I-129F NOA2? Thanks.
Yes and I hope it got there. He didn't receive a complete packet and then got thrown of dealing with his High Blood Pressure. He contacted them slow mail and I ended up emailing them Saying HEY!!!! I don't know which they responded to. He had a week to get it all together and get it in and then he was going to wait and I said hell no go with what you got and send it in. I had already sent up what was required from me.
He is waiting for his BC and police clearance as we speak and hopefully a decent interview date. He has his local police clearance and his bc long form but its 38 years old and I don't think it has a seal on it.

Hope this helps.
Gin
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Oh wow, it sounds like a lot of trouble. Good luck in the process. I hope everything works out.

Originally posted by Gin
Yes and I hope it got there. He didn't receive a complete packet and then got thrown of dealing with his High Blood Pressure. He contacted them slow mail and I ended up emailing them Saying HEY!!!! I don't know which they responded to. He had a week to get it all together and get it in and then he was going to wait and I said hell no go with what you got and send it in. I had already sent up what was required from me.
He is waiting for his BC and police clearance as we speak and hopefully a decent interview date. He has his local police clearance and his bc long form but its 38 years old and I don't think it has a seal on it.

Hope this helps.
Gin
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 5:38 am
Gin
Forum Regular

Oh wow, it sounds like a lot of trouble. Good luck in the process. I hope everything works out.
It's a pain but no worse than when I did the immigration thing for Canada.

His sawmill business shut down after 2 years of me being up there due to this and that, none of it in his control. I returned home and now we are working on him to come down here. I applied for the I 130 in september of last year and filed for the I 129F in June. He couldn't have come down so we didn't rush on the i 129F thinking that the i 130 wouldn't take more than 6 months... then the approval dates went from 30-90 days to 180-260 days then we decided we needed to apply for the 1 129F.

This is why I say that even the strongest relationships can be tested. We haven't seen him since June and getting quite anxious about him being "home" for his daughters christmas. Too expensive for us to go up since now its two tickets to fly.

Good Luck and start talking to each other.. Only way we have survived it. Thank Goodness for DSL and not modems we talk all day long. Well we have always done that.

Gin
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 9:28 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

hccyong,

I would work out my relationship first and not worry about the visa until that was squared away. If it's within the time frame allowed by the current petition, fine. If not, I'd petition again. But I'd want my relationship to be solid ahead of everything else.

My priorities may be different from yours.

Regards, JEff

Hi,
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
hccyong,

I would work out my relationship first and not worry about the visa until that was squared away. If it's within the time frame allowed by the current petition, fine. If not, I'd petition again. But I'd want my relationship to be solid ahead of everything else.

My priorities may be different from yours.

Regards, JEff
Thanks for the reply. We have begun our K-3 process with the I-130 and I-129F. My question is, if we don't bother with our K-3 visa (and the period expires), will we just have to wait for the I-130 to be approved, or does that get cancelled automatically as well? Thanks.