Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Telephone number BCIS Arlington,VA?

Wikiposts

Telephone number BCIS Arlington,VA?

Old Aug 2nd 2003, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Telephone number BCIS Arlington,VA?

Originally posted by Peter Newton
Okay - I think everyone needs to calm down here. I am sure everyone on the newsgroup appreciates the advice given my Mr Udall and others. Remember they are under no obligation to do so and potentially expose themselves to great professional risk when they give advice. So sometimes they can't give exact answers without knowing the precise merits of each individual case.

However, this does not mean the quality of advice given on the newsgroup should be anything less than professional as circumstances permit. To say that one has a list of phone numbers in front of one, but "sorry you can't use them" may well be the fact, but there is a better way of expressing this. Those of us who cannot afford / do not engage a lawyer may find this fact disturbing but it is what it is. Unfortunately emotions very often get in the way, especially when families are split up for a time. The best approach in this situation is tact and diplomacy.

Remember that Mr Udall and others are not able to change the way things are - so don't shoot the messenger. Equally though, the messenger should consider the implications of the replies he posts.

I hope this thread starts to set some expectations both ways on the forum.

Hi:

We are aware of the implications. Matt didn't make clear that quite often, those phone numbers are non-public numbers which are made available by BCIS ofent with the condition that they not be made public. Also, those numbers are often collected on a one-on-one basis.

By way of another bad anology, if a guy gets a woman's phone number at a party, it is expected that he will not publicize the number.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 1:03 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telephone number BCIS Arlington,VA?

Originally posted by Peter Newton
Remember that Mr Udall and others are not able to change the way things are - so don't shoot the messenger. Equally though, the messenger should consider the implications of the replies he posts.
The OP asked if anybody had any numbers for the Arlington BCIS office. I replied that yes, some numbers do exist, that they are not available to the public (but are to attorneys) and that he should contact his attorney (if he had one) to remind the attorney to check using the non-public numbers. If he had used an attorney, this information could have been very helpful to him.

M.U.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 1:23 pm
GiveMeStrength

Dosta,
I had my attorney call Arlington regarding the processing of our I-212 and he was told by the information officer that I-212's were being processed in 6-8 months! Not the information that either one of us wanted to hear. Let's pray that its not really gonna take this long! I was initially under the impression that processing at a local BCIS office would be faster...just a couple of months and now I hear this news and it makes me want to cry.

-Deanna