Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

technolog's K1 visa journey

technolog's K1 visa journey

Old Oct 25th 2013, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: technolog's K1 visa journey

My fiancée's divorce paperwork should arrive hot off the presses from Ireland in the next week or so. We're trying to get all our documents together ready for her to file the I-129F as soon as possible.

To demonstrate our intent to marry within 90 days, I intend to include a signed statement to that effect. Is there a particular form of wording to use? Should it be a joint statement signed by both parties? Does it need witnessing?

We've already purchased wedding rings, would photos of and/or invoices for these be worth including? Is anything else required to prove intent?

As for evidence of having met in the last two years, we've been living together in the UK for the last 2½ years. We have household bills (specifically Council Tax) in joint names with our address on. Would this, together with a few photos of us together be enough evidence?
Old Oct 25th 2013, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by technolog
Is there a particular form of wording to use?
No.

Should it be a joint statement signed by both parties?
No.

Does it need witnessing?
No.

... would photos of and/or invoices for these be worth including?
No.

Is anything else required to prove intent?
No.

Would this, together with a few photos of us together be enough evidence?
Yes.

Ian
Old Oct 28th 2013, 2:18 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Good, because it's a requirement for the petition.
To demonstrate our intent to marry within 90 days, I intend to include a signed statement to that effect.
To quote Ian, "No"
Is there a particular form of wording to use?
Could be. Or individual statements, one from from each party.
Should it be a joint statement signed by both parties?
What do the instructions say about this?
Does it need witnessing?
Again, what do the instructions say about this?
We've already purchased wedding rings, would photos of and/or invoices for these be worth including? Is anything else required to prove intent?
You will find out when the USCIS case officer reviews the submission. We can't predict what he (or she) will think when they see what your fiancee submits.
As for evidence of having met in the last two years, we've been living together in the UK for the last 2½ years. We have household bills (specifically Council Tax) in joint names with our address on. Would this, together with a few photos of us together be enough evidence?
Regards, JEff
Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy

What do the instructions say about this?
They make no mention of it needing to be witnessed.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

I wish I could quote multiple snippets of a post. Would someone care to enlighten me?
Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

They make no mention of it needing to be witnessed.
Correct.

Ian
Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

I wish I could quote multiple snippets of a post.
Quote the entire post. At the beginning of each section you want to respond to (except for the very first quote), type the word: quote within square [] brackets. Then type: /quote within square [] brackets at the end of the section you want to quote.

Would someone care to enlighten me?
Then respond as you see fit to each section. If you want to see what it's going to look like before you post, click "preview post". Then, if something doesn't look right, you can fix it before the post becomes public.

There may be other methods, but this is what I do.

Ian
Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Ian & JEff.

Thanks for the quoting advice too, Ian. I thought it would have something to do with the 'multi-quote' button.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

I thought it would have something to do with the 'multi-quote' button.
That really only works when you want to respond to several different people in a single post.

Ian
Old Oct 28th 2013, 10:06 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Quote the entire post.
Similarly, but instead, I copy and paste the first quote, as you see here. That way there's no doubt as to who or what is being quoted and I can us the simple "quote" in brackets to quote someon or something else.
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
At the beginning of each section you want to respond to (except for the very first quote), type the word: quote within square [] brackets. Then type: /quote within square [] brackets at the end of the section you want to quote.
Regards, JEff
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just getting final paperwork together ready for filing my fiancée's I-129F petition for my K1 visa as soon as her divorce paperwork arrives. I know it's said that people shouldn't stress too much about the G-325A biographic information forms, and I'm not, but...

Both forms (for petitioner and fiancé) need the applicant's signature and full name at the bottom. Is the applicant the petitioner for both forms or should my form be signed by me?
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:36 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Since it's your biographical information, you should be signing it as correct.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Just getting final paperwork together ready for filing my fiancée's I-129F petition for my K1 visa as soon as her divorce paperwork arrives. I know it's said that people shouldn't stress too much about the G-325A biographic information forms, and I'm not, but...

Both forms (for petitioner and fiancé) need the applicant's signature and full name at the bottom. Is the applicant the petitioner for both forms or should my form be signed by me?
She signs her G-325A at the bottom. You sign your G-325A at the bottom. So, you each sign your own.

Rene
Old Nov 6th 2013, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

My fiancée's divorce decree came through today so now we're in a position to file her I-129F petition for my K1 visa.

Here is a checklist of the documents we intend to include in the pack, I'd welcome your comments especially with regard to any errors or omissions:

1) I-129F petition,

2) G-325A for USC,

3) G-325A for beneficiary,

4) G-1145,

5) USC passport (copy of all pages) - she has a USC birth certificate of sorts, but it's not very legible,

6) USC's divorce decree,

7) Beneficiary's divorce decree,

8) A signed statement of our intent to marry within 90 days of my entry into the US on the K1 visa,

9) Evidence that we've met within the last two years - this consists of a) a council tax bill with both names on and our shared address and b) photos of us together (with me wearing this season's Leicester Tigers' rugby shirt ),

10) US passport style colour photo of USC with name written in pencil on the reverse side,

11) US passport style colour photo of beneficiary with name written in pencil on the reverse side,

12) A check drawn on a US bank for $340 made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Old Nov 6th 2013, 7:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

8) A signed statement of our intent to marry within 90 days of my entry into the US on the K1 visa,
One statement signed by both of you? Or two statements signed by each of you? Either way is OK, just making sure you have two signatures somehow.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.