Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Tax Transcripts ... a US Embassy Change of Policy in the UK

Tax Transcripts ... a US Embassy Change of Policy in the UK

Old May 25th 2019, 1:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tax Transcripts ... a US Embassy Change of Policy in the UK

May, 2019

Recently it has been noted by several members who have attended their CR-1/IR-1 interviews at the US Embassy in London that US tax transcripts are required and that copies of the tax forms actually filed are not acceptable. Tax transcripts

It is difficult for those who are based in the UK to get easy access to the tax transcripts as there is the necessity of having a US cell phone in your name. The only method accorded them is to have them mailed to themselves at their residence in the UK. This method takes time.

So please make note of this and request your tax transcripts far enough in advance to insure that you have them for the interview.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Sydneycl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tax Transcripts ... a US Embassy Change of Policy in the UK

Thanks for this info
Old Jun 12th 2019, 9:56 am
Just Joined

CCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let everyone know that if your sponsor is not in the US you can also telephone and ask for your tax transcripts to be faxed over. They do this while you are on the phone.
the number for International tax payers is + 1 267 941 1099
I phoned more than once and had no significant wait times.
If you don’t have access to a fax I believe you can set up an E-Fax account for free online.
I hope this is helpful!
Old Jul 31st 2019, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Donjamin is an unknown quantity at this point

It's important to note that as of June 2019 the IRS no longer faxes tax transcripts due to emphasis on data protection. Worth ensuring you have this well in advance of your interview.
Old Aug 1st 2019, 4:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Donjamin
It's important to note that as of June 2019 the IRS no longer faxes tax transcripts due to emphasis on data protection. Worth ensuring you have this well in advance of your interview.
Please clarify this. They will not fax the USC or the Permanent who is still living in the US? They will not fax the USC or Permanent Resident living abroad (don't know that they ever did this). Or they just plain do not utilize facsimile period.
Old Aug 1st 2019, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Please clarify this. They will not fax the USC or the Permanent who is still living in the US? They will not fax the USC or Permanent Resident living abroad (don't know that they ever did this). Or they just plain do not utilize facsimile period.
Fairly straight forward as the risk of a data leak via fax isn't dependant on recipient. I'd post the IRS link but apparently need 5 posts before I'm able to do so. Search "IRS faxing transcripts" and you'll have all the information you need.
Old Aug 11th 2019, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

alilbabba is an unknown quantity at this point

Update for the thread. I submitted 2 transcript requests online to IRS website on 22 July. I received them in the mail in the UK on 9 August. So slightly less than 3 weeks.
Old Aug 24th 2019, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Corrine82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone else had the 1040 copy of return accepted at interview at London recently I did streamline back in June IRS have processed 2016 but 17 and 18 taking forever still processing so with delivery of transcripts would mean waiting another 4-6 weeks for interview ?
Old Aug 24th 2019, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Corrine82
Has anyone else had the 1040 copy of return accepted at interview at London recently I did streamline back in June IRS have processed 2016 but 17 and 18 taking forever still processing so with delivery of transcripts would mean waiting another 4-6 weeks for interview ?
Hi Corrine,

We did, however, if you didn't owe and therefore need to make a payment which would substantiate a properly executed tax return they likely wont accept.
Old Aug 24th 2019, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Corrine,

We did, however, if you didn't owe and therefore need to make a payment which would substantiate a properly executed tax return they likely wont accept.
Thanks Donjamin

No I don’t owe anything as paid HMRC already as all earnt in the UK did u just take 1040 ?
Old Aug 24th 2019, 6:14 pm
Concierge

However, there have been several posters in the last few months who have had their approval delayed because they did not have the tax transcripts and they had to wait for them to be ordered and to arrive.
Old Aug 24th 2019, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Corrine82

Thanks Donjamin

No I don’t owe anything as paid HMRC already as all earnt in the UK did u just take 1040 ?
I took the latest 1040 (as was in similar boat to you) and previous 2 tax transcripts. I was advised immediately the 1040 wasn't acceptable and that they required the transcript and therefore refused pending further documents. Once we realised we there was no hope of getting the transcript any sooner we followed up with an e-mail attaching 1040 along with IRS payment confirmation. Upon acceptance of the e-mail the admin did suggest that an IRS tax account could be created by using a trusted family members US phone number. However, this wasn't an option for us as the site wasn't recognizing my address. Fortunately, they accepted our return and issued the visa. Best of luck to you but I would certainly advise you to have your transcripts!
Old Sep 17th 2019, 10:41 am
Just Joined

klawrence is an unknown quantity at this point

I took the latest 1040 (as was in similar boat to you) and previous 2 tax transcripts. I was advised immediately the 1040 wasn't acceptable and that they required the transcript and therefore refused pending further documents. Once we realised we there was no hope of getting the transcript any sooner we followed up with an e-mail attaching 1040 along with IRS payment confirmation. Upon acceptance of the e-mail the admin did suggest that an IRS tax account could be created by using a trusted family members US phone number. However, this wasn't an option for us as the site wasn't recognizing my address. Fortunately, they accepted our return and issued the visa. Best of luck to you but I would certainly advise you to have your transcripts!
Are you saying you were approved even though you didn't have your transcript? I was able to access my dad's who is our joint sponsor. I'm having similar issues as you for accessing mine, I think due to my foreign address not being recognised properly on their site. I won't be able to access my transcripts in time for my husband's interview now, but have my 1040 for the past few years that's been filed in the UK. I have everything that their websites tells me is required....so hoping for the best.
Old Sep 17th 2019, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by klawrence
Are you saying you were approved even though you didn't have your transcript? I was able to access my dad's who is our joint sponsor. I'm having similar issues as you for accessing mine, I think due to my foreign address not being recognised properly on their site. I won't be able to access my transcripts in time for my husband's interview now, but have my 1040 for the past few years that's been filed in the UK. I have everything that their websites tells me is required....so hoping for the best.
Indeed, I was approved without the transcript but likely only because I owed taxes and was able to provide the IRS payment confirmation. They want to see a properly executed tax return and a 1040 in and of itself doesn't do that unfortunately.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hey all just to let everyone know my husband and children had there interview today and my 2018 transcript hadn’t arrived yet I explained to them that I was still awaiting it ordered 4th Sep but I had copy of the 1040 he said this is a grey area at the moment that keeps changing as they changed the policy recently so was tax transcripts only but now realising the embassy website says tax transcript OR return so will accept it Visas were approved 🙌

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.