Wikiposts

tax transcripts?

Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:57 am
Just Joined

timagain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tax transcripts?

I think I may have made an error.Sent my 751 packet and I only sent copies of pour 1040s.I did not include W2s or 1099.Hubby is self employed.It seems RFEs are sent for this type of omissions?Any thoughts or recent experiences with this?
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tax transcripts?

Originally Posted by timagain
I think I may have made an error.Sent my 751 packet and I only sent copies of pour 1040s.I did not include W2s or 1099.Hubby is self employed.It seems RFEs are sent for this type of omissions?Any thoughts or recent experiences with this?
If USCIS needs that information, they will send you an RFE, and you will have a chance to send it in.

Rene
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:06 am
Just Joined

Thanks Noorah,you are always there for everyone,I appreciate this.I started to hyperventilate as soon as I thought that was what i was supposed to do and not being sure if anyone had any experience of that sort either.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Noorah,you are always there for everyone,I appreciate this.I started to hyperventilate as soon as I thought that was what i was supposed to do and not being sure if anyone had any experience of that sort either.
Don't worry....they won't deny you if you're missing some paperwork, they will just send an RFE asking for it.

Breathe.

Rene
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:11 am
Just Joined

Thanks,I will try to relax.I'll keep you posted,but if there is anyone with this experience please do not hesitate to share.thanks everyone.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:56 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I started to hyperventilate as soon as I thought that was what i was supposed to do and not being sure if anyone had any experience of that sort either.
Transcripts without attachments are perfectly acceptable for I-751.

I wonder if you got confused with some people getting the RFE on the I-864 for a similar issue?

We sent plain ole transcripts and had no problemo.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by meauxna
Transcripts without attachments are perfectly acceptable for I-751.

I wonder if you got confused with some people getting the RFE on the I-864 for a similar issue?

We sent plain ole transcripts and had no problemo.
Sounds to me like she sent copies of the tax return, not transcripts, though.

Rene
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
d'oh, you're right.

At any rate, for the I-751, they are looking for evidence that the couple filed properly, not to check the income levels.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:59 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene

And being that he is self-employed he would not have a W-2 to begin with. Did you include Schedule C with your 1040? If so, you might be just fine.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Rete
And being that he is self-employed he would not have a W-2 to begin with. Did you include Schedule C with your 1040? If so, you might be just fine.
Rete is right. My husband is also self-employed but does not receive 1099's either. I included a copy of Schedule C along with the copy of our tax returns for the I-751 and we were approved.

Rene
Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:29 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for piggy-backing, but since this thread is entitled "Tax transcripts," I have a related question:

In preparation for Mark's N-400 interview (we hopefully will be getting an appointment notice any day now), I called the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to order our 2006 tax transcript. I have done this several times over the past few years and never had any trouble at all.

However, when I tried calling just a few minutes ago, the phone menu doesn't give the option to get to the automated ordering system -- or at least I can't find it. Every time I think I've pressed the right buttons, I'm suddenly on hold and listening to music from "The Nutcracker." I don't need to speak to someone, I just need the automated ordering thingie!

Can anyone help a girl out?

~ Jenney
Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:35 am
Just Joined

I am actually confused with tax and all the documents.I will have to look again at the copies of what I mailed off to them,but I know they were 1040s.

I am not sure what schedule C is lol.So I'd have to check.But my issue was that i didn't know if USCIS needed the IRS transcripts or if copies of our
1040s were okay.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:38 am

I am not sure what schedule C is lol.So I'd have to check.But my issue was that i didn't know if USCIS needed the IRS transcripts or if copies of our
1040s were okay.
Copies of the 1040's are OK. That's what we did. However, since your husband is self-employed, it probably would have been a good idea to include Schedule C (which is the self-employment tax part of the return).

The other option is calling IRS to get official 'tax transcripts', then you don't have to send photocopies of your returns. Either method is acceptable to USCIS.

Rene
Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:54 am
Just Joined

ok,I guess I'd just have to wait and keep my fingers crossed.I may be freaking out cos someone else got RFE asking for W2.Again,I do not know in detail what his situation would have been per the returns he sent.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Sorry for piggy-backing, but since this thread is entitled "Tax transcripts," I have a related question:

In preparation for Mark's N-400 interview (we hopefully will be getting an appointment notice any day now), I called the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to order our 2006 tax transcript. I have done this several times over the past few years and never had any trouble at all.

However, when I tried calling just a few minutes ago, the phone menu doesn't give the option to get to the automated ordering system -- or at least I can't find it. Every time I think I've pressed the right buttons, I'm suddenly on hold and listening to music from "The Nutcracker." I don't need to speak to someone, I just need the automated ordering thingie!

Can anyone help a girl out?

~ Jenney
When I called about 6 weeks ago, I couldn't find the auto ordering option either. So I just pressed buttons until I got to an actual person. I simply told her that I wanted tax transcripts for the last 3 years, and she printed them off right then and there.

good luck Jenney!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.