Wikiposts

Tax returns for K3

Old Dec 11th 2003, 10:32 am
Just Joined

leggacy7777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax returns for K3

Hi all,

I read somewhere (can't remember where since I read so much about this subject) that you don't need to submit the last three years tax returns if filing for a spouse with the I129 petition. Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, then when will they ask for them?

Timeline:
I129 sent august 7
1rst noa aug. 12
rfe nov. 14
msc recieved evidence nov. 26
Old Dec 11th 2003, 10:35 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax returns for K3

Originally posted by leggacy7777
Hi all,

I read somewhere (can't remember where since I read so much about this subject) that you don't need to submit the last three years tax returns if filing for a spouse with the I129 petition. Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, then when will they ask for them?

Timeline:
I129 sent august 7
1rst noa aug. 12
rfe nov. 14
It depends on your embassy. They could be required at the interview of the foreign spouse. Some consulates ask for them some don't. Some only ask for one year. What is your consulate?
Morocco asks for 3 years.

Leslie
Old Dec 11th 2003, 11:17 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

leg,

Correct, tax returns do not need to be included with the I-129f petition.

They will likely be required by the consulate as part of the I-134 package when the foreign spouse applies for her K3 visa.

Regards, JEff

Hi all,

Timeline:
I129 sent august 7
1rst noa aug. 12
rfe nov. 14
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:08 am
Just Joined

leggacy7777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Leslie66
It depends on your embassy. They could be required at the interview of the foreign spouse. Some consulates ask for them some don't. Some only ask for one year. What is your consulate?
Morocco asks for 3 years.

Leslie
The consulate of my husband is Islamabad. Really hope they don't require returns because I was still married last year to my now X husband while waiting the divorce and I let him claim me on the taxes. So dont know how that will look to the consulate.
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Tax returns are one of the reasons we're in limbo with the Cairo Consulate. I file using TeleFile and my worksheets (since it's all done by phone there are no forms to file) weren't good enough. I had to request the transcripts from the IRS for the last 3 years of filings. They wouldn't even review the evidence of our relationship until we submitted the forms (now we're in the process of submitting our photos, letters, et. al.)

From what I've seen on the NG, most Consulates these days treat the K3 as an immigrant visa in terms of financial support -even though the I-134 only asks for a letter from your bank and a letter from your employer. So, be prepared to submit your tax returns. Forewarned is forearmed.

Patty Khadijah

The consulate of my husband is Islamabad. Really hope they don't require returns because I was still married last year to my now X husband while waiting the divorce and I let him claim me on the taxes. So dont know how that will look to the consulate.
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:51 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I think I've seen posters going through the Islamabad embassy say that they do require tax returns. I would do a search on this forum to confirm that though.