Reload this Page >

Tax info for CR1 interview

Wikiposts

Tax info for CR1 interview

Old Jun 1st 2004, 9:28 am
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax info for CR1 interview

I just got a letter from NVC regarding completion of (CR1) case processing, and that the paperwork was sent to the consulate.

There's a statement that says 'all beneficiaries are advised to bring the most current three years of tax documents and supporting financial proof that is current at the date of the visa interview'.

Is this tax information for me (petitioner) or my husband? And what does 'supporting financial proof' mean? A letter of employment? Paystub?

Thanks for any info...

Kim
Old Jun 1st 2004, 10:12 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax info for CR1 interview

Originally posted by KimJ
I just got a letter from NVC regarding completion of (CR1) case processing, and that the paperwork was sent to the consulate.

There's a statement that says 'all beneficiaries are advised to bring the most current three years of tax documents and supporting financial proof that is current at the date of the visa interview'.

Is this tax information for me (petitioner) or my husband? And what does 'supporting financial proof' mean? A letter of employment? Paystub?

Thanks for any info...

Kim
Your tax returns
As for supporting financial proof, They want the I-864 affidavit of support
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm
When my hubby did the affidavit for me, We included: A letter from employer (stating date of employment, type of worked performed and salary of wages paid) and the last year of tax returns (in your case you will need 3 because this particular affidavit of support requires so).
Read the link that I gave you, It will help you a lot!
Take it easy!
Old Jun 1st 2004, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for any info...

Kim
Not 100% sure since you are doing a CR-1 visa, but I would think that the I-864 Affidavit of Support requirements are the same for either visa (but I could be wrong).

However, if the CR-1 is the same as K1/K3 requirements, the tax info has to be provided by the US petitioner. Supporting financial proof could be bank statements, letter from your employer stating your current income and position, or maybe a bank letter stating how much has been deposited in your account over the last year, or recent paystubs, etc. If you are using assets, then you need to provide proof of the value of the assets (property appraisals, copy of portfolio that includes value of stocks, etc).

I believe that if you and your husband have been living together for more than 6 months, you can include his income and assets for the Affidavit of Support.

Hopefully someone else who has gone through the CR-1 process can give you a more accurate answer!

Good luck!
Jamie
Old Jun 1st 2004, 10:30 am
Queen of the Obvious

Well, the thing that throws me is that I just submitted the I-864 and all supporting documents. So, maybe they want tax info and supporting stuff just to be sure I'm still employed and can uphold the I-864 agreement???

Guess its time for another phone call... just when I figured I was done with the NVC =)

Thanks for your replies...

Kim
Old Jun 1st 2004, 10:33 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the thing that throws me is that I just submitted the I-864 and all supporting documents. So, maybe they want tax info and supporting stuff just to be sure I'm still employed and can uphold the I-864 agreement???

Guess its time for another phone call... just when I figured I was done with the NVC =)

Thanks for your replies...

Kim
Yeah I think that is a very good idea.
Let us know what they say!!
Good Luck!
Old Jun 1st 2004, 12:41 pm
Mrtravel

KimJ wrote:

> I just got a letter from NVC regarding completion of (CR1) case
    > processing, and that the paperwork was sent to the consulate.
    >
    > There's
    > a statement that says 'all beneficiaries are advised to bring the most
    > current three years of tax documents and supporting financial proof
    > that is current at the date of the visa interview'.
    >
    > Is this tax
    > information for me (petitioner) or my husband? And what does
    > 'supporting financial proof' mean? A letter of employment? Paystub?

They generally don't care about the immigrant's income.

Old Jun 1st 2004, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice

Last 3 years' tax returns for the petitioner, and their most recent paystub.

Kath
xx
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 1:37 am
Queen of the Obvious

Well, I called the NVC and it is just as you all said - tax info and supporting documents for the petitioner. Though it does seem obvious that it should be mine, I think they should word the statement a little differently.

Thanks again, everyone, for your replies!

Kim