Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

syed84's I-129F at Vermont

syed84's I-129F at Vermont

Old Dec 7th 2012, 7:31 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: syed84's I-129F at Vermont

They will not tell you what it is, wait for the letter.

It takes as long as it takes, theres no way to tell.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by syed84
Can we ring up and find out what it is to get the evidence in sooner?
You can call, but you won't find out anything you don't already know. Wait for the notice.

How long does it typically take to get a decision after they receive the evidence?
That's impossible to answer - there is no typical timeline. It'll depend on what the RFE is for, how quickly you respond, and how soon the guy at the other end starts working on your file again. He will probably not start working on the file immediately. All that's certain, is that it's going to take longer than you had anticipated.

Ian
Old Dec 7th 2012, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

syed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the rough

Ian

Thanks for the heads up, I guess we just have to wait and see.

Really bummed about it
Old Dec 7th 2012, 8:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Bad news we got an RFE today when we looked at case status online.

Can we ring up and find out what it is to get the evidence in sooner?
No. The people who answer the 800 misinformation line won't be able to see the actual letter to tell you what it says.

How long does it typically take to get a decision after they receive the evidence?
There's no "typical" timeline when it comes to RFE's.

Rene
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

syed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the rough

Hi All

NOA2 petition approved, now for the hard part. They responded to the rfe within 14 days not bad considering it was holiday period.

Very happy
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:14 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

No, I-129f petition approved.

Congratulations.

Regards, JEff
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

So I remember seeing on other threads that I can call up NVC to get a number of some sort to book my medical. How long would I wait before calling NVC?
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:23 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

It will not reach the next stage for at least a couple of weeks.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So I remember seeing on other threads that I can call up NVC to get a number of some sort to book my medical. How long would I wait before calling NVC?
I would try once a week, for the next few weeks.

Rene
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I would try once a week, for the next few weeks.

Rene
Thank you for the advice
Old Jan 4th 2013, 10:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

NOA2 petition approved...
No, it wasn't. The I-129F was approved.

Ian
Old Jan 6th 2013, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys question for you

Which of the forms would I need to submit to the London Consulate before hand?I remember reading that London does not want all the forms submitted ahead of the interview. I have copied text from the embassy website below

Step One

Complete the Form DS-230-Part 1, Form DS-156 and DS-157 for each family member applying for a visa. In addition, the principal applicant is also required to complete form DS-156K. Note: Forms DS-156 and DS-157 must be completed in duplicate. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it with a N/A. The completed form(s) should be mailed to the Immigrant Visa Unit. See "Contact and Mailing Address" on the right-hand side of the page. Note: The failure to return the forms promptly will delay the processing of your application

Step Two

Assemble all of the documents required in support of your application. When you have obtained all of the required documents and are prepared for the visa interview, you are required to complete the Notification of Applicant(s) Readiness, Form 2001 and mail it to the Immigrant Visa Unit together with a covering letter containing your email address, if applicable, date of your wedding and date of the medical examination. See "Contact and Mailing Address" on the right-hand side of the page. Note: The failure to return the forms promptly will delay the processing of your application.

What Happens Next?

On receipt of the Forms DS-230-I, DS-156, DS-157 and form DS-2001, the Immigrant Visa Unit will complete all necesary administrative processing of your visa application. You will be required to provide additional information if you have incomplete or missing forms and will be contacted in writing if that is the case.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 10:03 pm
Account Closed

Which of the forms would I need to submit to the London Consulate before hand?
You've copied the text from the web site, and it clearly indicates what you need to do. What is it that you don't understand?

Ian
Old Jan 6th 2013, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You've copied the text from the web site, and it clearly indicates what you need to do. What is it that you don't understand?

Ian
I can't remember where on the forum I have read it before but it went along the lines of London does not want you to send the forms ahead of time (except DS2001 and cover letter) but to bring them along to the interview and that the info on the website is generic for all K applicants (global)
Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:44 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

The consular section in London wants you to follow the instructions that they post on their web pages.

Regards, JEff

I can't remember where on the forum I have read it before but it went along the lines of London does not want you to send the forms ahead of time (except DS2001 and cover letter) but to bring them along to the interview and that the info on the website is generic for all K applicants (global)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.