Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

syed84's I-129F at Vermont

syed84's I-129F at Vermont

Old Nov 24th 2012, 7:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: syed84's I-129F at Vermont

Originally Posted by syed84
So just looking on other forums and there are now k1's from enf of May being processed so hopefully the delays is not as long as they made out on the phone.
I-129Fs being processed, you mean. You haven't yet applied for the K-1 visa.

Rene
Old Nov 24th 2012, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

syed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I-129Fs being processed, you mean. You haven't yet applied for the K-1 visa.

Rene
Yes I have submitted NOA1 13th June 2012

Fingers crossed hear something soon

Last edited by syed84; Nov 24th 2012 at 8:02 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 2:49 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

No, you have not. "NOA1" is not something that you submit, it is something that a USCIS Service Center sends to the petitioner, i.e. to your fiancee.

Regards, JEff

Old Nov 26th 2012, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

syed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
No, you have not. "NOA1" is not something that you submit, it is something that a USCIS Service Center sends to the petitioner, i.e. to your fiancee.

Regards, JEff
Hi Jeff

I am a little confused here

Submission of I 129F is not application/petition for a fiancé visa/K1?

If it is not then what is this? At what stage does the application for a K1 visa happen then?
Old Nov 26th 2012, 4:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a little confused here

Submission of I 129F is not application/petition for a fiancé visa/K1? If it is not then what is this?
Submission of I-129F is the petition to establish the relationship between the USC and the foreign fiance(e). It is the first step in the whole K-1 visa process. But it's not the actual K-1 visa application.

At what stage does the application for a K1 visa happen then?
After the I-129F gets approved by USCIS.

Rene
Old Nov 26th 2012, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for making that clear

So am I right in thinking that submitting an I129F means that we have started the process for a K1?
Old Nov 26th 2012, 5:58 pm

Thank you for making that clear

So am I right in thinking that submitting an I129F means that we have started the process for a K1?
In the big picture of the whole process, yes. It's the first step in the whole K-1 visa process. Which is not the same as saying you've applied for a K-1 visa.

Rene
Old Nov 26th 2012, 9:07 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I-129f is the petition that is a prerequisite to applying for a K1 visa.
Submission of I 129F is not application/petition for a fiancé visa/K1?
After the I-129f petition is approved.
At what stage does the application for a K1 visa happen then?
Regards, JEff
Old Nov 26th 2012, 9:14 pm

What he wrote was,
What I wrote was, he did not submit NOA1. He did not submit anything, yet. (Agreed, he must have prepared a G-325A and a statement of intent for his fiancee to submit with her I-129f.) His fiancee submitted the I-129f, and she may have received - not submitted - the Receipt Notice (NOA1).

Perhaps the problem is a language issue, not a misunderstanding of the vis process.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
In the big picture of the whole process, yes. It's the first step in the whole K-1 visa process. Which is not the same as saying you've applied for a K-1 visa.

Rene
Old Nov 26th 2012, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
What he wrote was,

What I wrote was, he did not submit NOA1. He did not submit anything, yet. (Agreed, he must have prepared a G-325A and a statement of intent for his fiancee to submit with her I-129f.) His fiancee submitted the I-129f, and she may have received - not submitted - the Receipt Notice (NOA1).

Perhaps the problem is a language issue, not a misunderstanding of the vis process.

Regards, JEff
Sorry for the bad grammar, I meant we had submitted the petition and received the NOA1.

Language is not a problem

Thank you for the help guys
Old Nov 28th 2012, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Evening All

A little update from Vermont

I have seen on another forum that people who filed their I-129F on June 5th have now got their NAO2's. I dont think the delay was as long as they made out over the phone :-)

With a June 13th NAO1 date im hoping it wont be too long now, fingers crossed
Old Nov 29th 2012, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen on another forum that people who filed their I-129F on June 5th have now got their NAO2's. I dont think the delay was as long as they made out over the phone :-)
Keep in mind that other people's timelines will likely not be your timeline. You have no idea how many people are in line ahead of you!

Ian
Old Nov 30th 2012, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Keep in mind that other people's timelines will likely not be your timeline. You have no idea how many people are in line ahead of you!

Ian[/QUOTE]

Yes you are right Ian, seems there are early June filers getting NOA2's but still some May filers who have not got anything.

Still I like to be hopeful
Old Nov 30th 2012, 2:52 pm

Agreed. Further, the amount of time required to clear backgound checks that are done at this stage may take longer for one person than for another.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Old Dec 7th 2012, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys

Bad news we got an RFE today when we looked at case status online.

Can we ring up and find out what it is to get the evidence in sooner?

How long does it typically take to get a decision after they receive the evidence?

Thanks guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.