Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Syed84 K1 visa approved

Syed84 K1 visa approved

Old Feb 12th 2014, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

syed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Syed84 K1 visa approved

That makes sense guys

As always thank you for the useful advice
Old Mar 18th 2014, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

syed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the rough

Hi All

I got notification today that my EAD/AP has been approved and that my card has been ordered.

Do I physically need my EAD in hand to get my drivers license renewed or will the DMV be able to verify this?
Old Mar 18th 2014, 11:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by syed84
Do I physically need my EAD in hand to get my drivers license renewed or will the DMV be able to verify this?
To my knowledge, you need the actual EAD card in hand, so you can show them the expiration date.

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2014, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Rene
Old Mar 31st 2014, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All

Just to give you a little update

I received my EAD and AP last week and managed to renew my drivers license following a week of verification by the DMV.
So far I have a job offer to start 21st April and I have a couple more interviews coming up in the next two weeks.

Now waiting on GC application but no rush now that things are settling down a little
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Just to give you a little update

I received my EAD and AP last week and managed to renew my drivers license following a week of verification by the DMV.
So far I have a job offer to start 21st April and I have a couple more interviews coming up in the next two weeks.

Now waiting on GC application but no rush now that things are settling down a little
Very cool, congratulations! Glad things are moving along nicely for you.

Rene
Old May 23rd 2014, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys

So so far so good, I had four interviews and four job offers. I start next week. I received a letter from USCIS that my case for AOS will not require an interview as there is enough evidence to suggest a legitamate relationship.

I have a question

I recently opened an account with chase. My bank manager is asking me to fill in a W8BEN form for the IRS. However I have also been sent a W9.

As someone who entered on a K1 with pending AOS which form do you guys suggest I should fill and return?
Old May 23rd 2014, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

So so far so good, I had four interviews and four job offers. I start next week. I received a letter from USCIS that my case for AOS will not require an interview as there is enough evidence to suggest a legitamate relationship.

I have a question

I recently opened an account with chase. My bank manager is asking me to fill in a W8BEN form for the IRS. However I have also been sent a W9.

As someone who entered on a K1 with pending AOS which form do you guys suggest I should fill and return?
W8Ben is for non US persons generally, with some caveats (see below link). W9 is for US Persons - you are a Permanent Resident now, is that correct?

http://blogs.angloinfo.com/us-tax/20...s-it-used-for/

Worth looking at the link above to see whether it needs to be completed.

Hoffage
Old May 23rd 2014, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and congrats on the job offers ... I have some casual work but no proper job offers yet!

Hoffage
Old May 24th 2014, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hoffage123
Oh and congrats on the job offers ... I have some casual work but no proper job offers yet!

Hoffage
Thank you so much Hoffage

Turns out I need to fill in W9 as I'm not earning anything overseas and I'm a resident of Texas. I explained I didn't want have any tax exemptions etc