British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Syed84 K1 visa approved (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/syed84-k1-visa-approved-817728/)

Noorah101 Dec 31st 2013 10:14 pm

Re: Syed84 K1 visa approved

Originally Posted by syed84 (Post 11057771)
How many passport photos do I need to submit with the entire package?

As many as each application asks for. Look at the I-485, I-131, and I-765 separately. Attach photos to each application as listed in the instructions for each one.

Is one copy of my I-94, birth certificate, passport photo page,visa/entry stamp page, vaccination sheet and marriage license be enough? Or should I submit separate copies for each form?
You need to submit everything each individual application asks for.

Treat each application separately.

Rene

syed84 Dec 31st 2013 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 11057782)
Treat each application separately.

Rene

Thank you for the advice

Happy New Year:)

Noorah101 Dec 31st 2013 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by syed84 (Post 11057800)
Thank you for the advice

Happy New Year:)

Happy New Year to you, too! :)

Rene

jeffreyhy Jan 1st 2014 8:07 pm

Recognize that you are making three separate applications, even if all three will be sent in the same envelope.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by syed84 (Post 11057771)
Just completing my AOS, AP and EAD paperwork.

How many passport photos do I need to submit with the entire package?

syed84 Jan 16th 2014 1:30 am

Hi All

I am having trouble getting my SSN. The SSN office wrote to me stating that they are unable to issue my SSN as they were unable to verify my eligibility for one.

I know have two options according to the letter.

1- I return to the office present supporting documentation and ask for a review (I did present visa, I-94 and Marraige certificate)

2- Contact Homeland Security (infopass appointment) and get to the bottom of what has happened.

Just to give you some background we are now married, I have DMV issued State ID, I have submitted AOS paperwork(written confirmation received) and I have passed my driving written test.

I am very concerned about this as they are unable to verify from Homeland. Would I be taking a risk going to this infopass without attorney? This might sound silly but is my status in the US at risk?

Please help

hoffage123 Jan 16th 2014 8:48 am

Originally Posted by syed84 (Post 11080717)
Hi All

I am having trouble getting my SSN. The SSN office wrote to me stating that they are unable to issue my SSN as they were unable to verify my eligibility for one.

I know have two options according to the letter.

1- I return to the office present supporting documentation and ask for a review (I did present visa, I-94 and Marraige certificate)

2- Contact Homeland Security (infopass appointment) and get to the bottom of what has happened.

Just to give you some background we are now married, I have DMV issued State ID, I have submitted AOS paperwork(written confirmation received) and I have passed my driving written test.

I am very concerned about this as they are unable to verify from Homeland. Would I be taking a risk going to this infopass without attorney? This might sound silly but is my status in the US at risk?

Please help

Syed,

I don't personally think your status is at risk - it sounds more like an administrative blunder/delay and for some reason your details have not yet been transferred from the DHS side to the SSN office. I suggest you provide what they are asking for and schedule an infopass appointment. I don't think you need an attorney at this stage, it is just a simple case of one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. You have your passport with the visa in as proof as well as everything else, so it shouldn't be a problem I think.

Keep calm :)

Hoffage

civilservant Jan 16th 2014 10:14 am

It seems like you haven't been entered into SAVE yet. Which is a little odd. There's no harm in the Infopass appointment, just to check that the information they hold is correct.

Why not just to ahead an submit AoS? At least that way you'll know your EAD is coming, and you'll certainly get an SSN then.

ian-mstm Jan 16th 2014 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by syed84 (Post 11080717)

This seems to be the easier of the two options - why not do it? Ask to speak to a supervisor if you don't get anywhere with the front office staff.

... is my status in the US at risk?
No.

Ian

syed84 Jan 16th 2014 5:25 pm

Thanks for the advice

So I went in and the same guy at the window. He knew exactly who I was as soon as I showed him the state ID he apologized and explained he put my name in wrong....at least it is resolved

ian-mstm Jan 16th 2014 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by syed84 (Post 11081891)
He knew exactly who I was as soon as I showed him the state ID he apologized and explained he put my name in wrong....at least it is resolved

Excellent news. :)

Ian

syed84 Feb 11th 2014 7:12 pm

Hi All

So I took my drivers test today here in Arkansas. When my license was handed to me its only valid until mid march same as my visa/stamp in my passport. I tried to explain that I had filed for AOS but the lady told me I am unable to have a license beyond that date and did not really know what I was talking about. I do have a valid UK license.

Should I go to the main Revenue office and show NAO for AOS try my luck there?

Make an infopass appointment to see if they can help?

Sit and not drive until my GC comes thru?

Noorah101 Feb 11th 2014 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by syed84 (Post 11124833)
So I took my drivers test today here in Arkansas. When my license was handed to me its only valid until mid march same as my visa/stamp in my passport. I tried to explain that I had filed for AOS but the lady told me I am unable to have a license beyond that date and did not really know what I was talking about. I do have a valid UK license.

Should I go to the main Revenue office and show NAO for AOS try my luck there?

Make an infopass appointment to see if they can help?

Sit and not drive until my GC comes thru?

That's how it is in Arizona, too. They only issue the license for as long as your current status is valid (on a K-1, that is for 90 days after entering the USA). You can drive on the current license they gave you, up until the day it expires.

You will need to go back to DMV when you have your EAD in hand, they should renew your license to match the EAD expiration date.

You will need to go back to DMV yet again when you get your green card in hand, and they will renew your license to match the expiration of your 2-year green card.

Same for when you get your 10-year green card in hand.

Rene

syed84 Feb 11th 2014 7:30 pm

Thank you Rene

The state police office told me I can only use UK license for 30 days after becoming a resident of AR. Since I am not officially a resident does that mean I am good to drive on my UK license as a visitor?

Noorah101 Feb 11th 2014 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by syed84 (Post 11124868)
Thank you Rene

The state police office told me I can only use UK license for 30 days after becoming a resident of AR. Since I am not officially a resident does that mean I am good to drive on my UK license as a visitor?

The term "resident" has different meanings between immigration and general life. In real life, you are a "resident" of the state, since you are now living here. You are not a "permanent resident" of the USA yet, since you don't yet have a green card.

You'll need to drive on your US license and continue renewing it with current immigration documents.

Rene

ian-mstm Feb 11th 2014 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by syed84 (Post 11124868)
Since I am not officially a resident does that mean I am good to drive on my UK license as a visitor?

You became resident in Arkansas the day you moved there. Don't confuse the terms "resident" and "permanent resident"... they don't mean the same thing.

Ian