Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Switzerland K1 interview experience - on the verge of success !

Wikiposts

Switzerland K1 interview experience - on the verge of success !

Old Jun 9th 2004, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice
Default Switzerland K1 interview experience - on the verge of success !

Well I had the interview today for my K1 visa in Bern, Switzerland and I almost got approved !. The whole process was incredibly lax and quick I thought after reading other experiences of this interview in various locations.

The interview was scheduled for 10am. I got the train form Zurich to Bern (capital of Switzerland for those who don’t know much about this place). The embassy is the sixth stop on the number 19 bus that leaves from Bern central train station.

So I arrived at about 9:30 and was called up to the desk at 9:50 (early !) and asked for my documents. The lady went through these and then asked me for my old passports… presumably because they were stamped with some VWP stamps. I never remember reading that these should be brought to the interview and don’t know what would have happened had I not got them. Fortunately I had brought everything bar the kitchen sink.

Then I sat back down. About 25 mins later I was called back up again and the man took scans of my index fingers. Following this I was called up to another counter (about 30 mins later). This time I was asked did I swear everything on my papers was the truth and that I could legally marry (I didnt even have to raise my right hand !) , a quick yes from me followed. Then she asked me if I had employment set up…I wasn’t too sure of the relevance of this question ?, maybe just a bit of casual conversation.

She then told me she would issue the visa right then but they were having some problems with the 'finger printing checker' and hence were not able to issue me with the visa this morning but it would be sent by mail later today providing my finger print doesn’t show up on the FBIs most wanted...

I then asked for a copy of my medical to which I was told I would have to take the medical I submitted to them, find a place in Bern to photocopy it and return… they told me I would the only reason I may need it is if a US employer requests it and in which case they usually pay for one to get done so I didn’t bother.

So that was about the sum of my interview experience, no mention of Linda (fiancee) or request for evidence ... all very easy and stress free !!

USA - Here I come
Old Jun 9th 2004, 4:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Switzerland K1 interview experience - on the verge of success !

Originally posted by MrDub
Well I had the interview today for my K1 visa in Bern, Switzerland and I almost got approved !. The whole process was incredibly lax and quick I thought after reading other experiences of this interview in various locations.
Congratulations - I hope the rest of the process is this easy for you. Good luck.

Ian
Old Jun 9th 2004, 6:02 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Nial,

I'm so happy for you congratulations mate! See it is so stress free!

Look forward to seeing you in Milwaukee soon.

Best wishes

James
Old Jun 9th 2004, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome, congrats!!!

Originally posted by MrDub

The interview was scheduled for 10am. I got the train form Zurich to Bern (capital of Switzerland for those who don’t know much about this place). The embassy is the sixth stop on the number 19 bus that leaves from Bern central train station.

So I arrived at about 9:30 and was called up to the desk at 9:50 (early !) and asked for my documents. The lady went through these and then asked me for my old passports… presumably because they were stamped with some VWP stamps. I never remember reading that these should be brought to the interview and don’t know what would have happened had I not got them. Fortunately I had brought everything bar the kitchen sink.

Then I sat back down. About 25 mins later I was called back up again and the man took scans of my index fingers. Following this I was called up to another counter (about 30 mins later). This time I was asked did I swear everything on my papers was the truth and that I could legally marry (I didnt even have to raise my right hand !) , a quick yes from me followed. Then she asked me if I had employment set up…I wasn’t too sure of the relevance of this question ?, maybe just a bit of casual conversation.

She then told me she would issue the visa right then but they were having some problems with the 'finger printing checker' and hence were not able to issue me with the visa this morning but it would be sent by mail later today providing my finger print doesn’t show up on the FBIs most wanted...

I then asked for a copy of my medical to which I was told I would have to take the medical I submitted to them, find a place in Bern to photocopy it and return… they told me I would the only reason I may need it is if a US employer requests it and in which case they usually pay for one to get done so I didn’t bother.

So that was about the sum of my interview experience, no mention of Linda (fiancee) or request for evidence ... all very easy and stress free !!

USA - Here I come