Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Supporting Docs sent to NVC.... now what?

Supporting Docs sent to NVC.... now what?

Old Mar 9th 2018, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

anothercalamity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Supporting Docs sent to NVC.... now what?

I've paid the next 2 sets of fees and completed the online ceac form. Affidavit of support completed and all supporting documents sent to NVC.

I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience on the next set of time frames?
Once everything received at NVC how long to process the documents and issue that appointment at the American consulate in London?

Many thanks
Old Mar 9th 2018, 7:44 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supporting Docs sent to NVC.... now what?

An attorney I know and respect has been informed that NVC has informed her that they have an 11 week backlog. In other words, don't expect anything for nearly three months.

I do not vouch for the accuracy other than the attorney's report is accurate as to what was told to her.
Old Mar 10th 2018, 4:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

From the recent timelines of others who are also waiting, expect 3 to 5 months and dance with joy if it is sooner.
Old Mar 10th 2018, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Keoman is an unknown quantity at this point

I’ve been monitoring a lot of people’s timelines and once they have scanned your documents into the system it can take anything from a couple of weeks to the bog standard up to 11 weeks as per NVC website, possibly longer. Once they have completed your case you should expect an interview date at the London embassy 6-8 weeks later. But as many will tell you, timelines don’t mean squat and it’s just the normal waiting game! I’m in similar boat as will be sending supporting docs to NVC shortly.
Old Mar 10th 2018, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

adamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
An attorney I know and respect has been informed that NVC has informed her that they have an 11 week backlog. In other words, don't expect anything for nearly three months.

I do not vouch for the accuracy other than the attorney's report is accurate as to what was told to her.
Does this apply also to employment-based immigrant applications?
Old Mar 10th 2018, 6:51 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Until the London embassy becomes an EP embassy, you are at the mercy of the NVC and their mail processing staff. They were, unti, recently, on an 11-week turnaround time. It's got better lately and I've seen recent case completions at 5 and 6 weeks.

But why London's new billion-dollar embassy cannot accept EP documents, when the likes of Addis Ababa and Tashkent can, is a mystery. Montreal applicants with EP are getting through the NVC document review stage in less than a week. The fastest I've seen was a Kiev applicant on EP who got through it in 2 days.
Old Mar 10th 2018, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

adamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Until the London embassy becomes an EP embassy, you are at the mercy of the NVC and their mail processing staff. They were, unti, recently, on an 11-week turnaround time. It's got better lately and I've seen recent case completions at 5 and 6 weeks.

But why London's new billion-dollar embassy cannot accept EP documents, when the likes of Addis Ababa and Tashkent can, is a mystery. Montreal applicants with EP are getting through the NVC document review stage in less than a week. The fastest I've seen was a Kiev applicant on EP who got through it in 2 days.
By EP do you mean Electronic Processing?

Is the average NVC processing time published anywhere on the Internet?
Old Mar 10th 2018, 8:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamas
Does this apply also to employment-based immigrant applications?
This is the marriage-based forum, so the experiences here will be based on marriage to a USC. I don't know if it matters to NVC, but perhaps your question would be better posted in the Visa and Immigration forum.

Rene
Old Mar 10th 2018, 8:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamas

Is the average NVC processing time published anywhere on the Internet?
Have you tried Google?

Rene
Old Mar 11th 2018, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Have you tried Google?

Rene
Yes, but there is no official average processing time listed, unlike for USCIS or for PERM applications.
The only indication is to allow up to 11 weeks for NVC to process the case.
Old Mar 11th 2018, 11:29 am

Then I don't think there is any.

Rene