Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Sucessful AOS Interview

Wikiposts

Sucessful AOS Interview

Old Oct 1st 2004, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

GoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sucessful AOS Interview

Congrats, Tortoise!

Looks like your interviewer was a very sane lady....unlike the devil that interviewed me and my hubby back in July.

I got a stamp in my passport and my green card arrived in about a months and a week.

Congratulations again.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

eggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of light

congrats tortoise, am happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! (hope mine goes as smoothly!)
Old Oct 1st 2004, 11:38 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Sucessful AOS Interview

*happy dance*

YAY!!!
Old Oct 1st 2004, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations....
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:05 am
round 2, ding-ding.

tortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Sucessful AOS Interview

didn't want to start a new thread for this, but i just received my 'green' card :) it arrived in under two weeks.

i have a question about the card - am i required to carry it with me at all times? or is it something i can tuck away?

EDIT: nevermind lol - i knew i should've read ALL the text. it tells me to carry it at all times. doh!

Last edited by tortoise; Oct 7th 2004 at 8:09 am.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations....
Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tortoise
didn't want to start a new thread for this, but i just received my 'green' card it arrived in under two weeks.

i have a question about the card - am i required to carry it with me at all times? or is it something i can tuck away?

EDIT: nevermind lol - i knew i should've read ALL the text. it tells me to carry it at all times. doh!

I'm jealous! I want mine!!!
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

hopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the rough

hi guys, just thought i'd let you all know that we went for our interview today in denver and were approved

the whole thing was was incredibly painless (except for the nervous wait of 30 minutes before the interview - not a bad wait though!). i didn't catch the interviewer's name, but she was very nice. we were taken into an office, which immediately put us at ease - we'd been expecting a grey windowless room, with nothing but a table and 3 chairs and a two-way mirror haha. the room was just an ordinary office - there was a window looking out over the car park. very normal.

we were asked for our ID, then sworn in.

she took one look at my folders and said 'i don't think we're going to have any problems here'.

she asked how we met, when i was proposed to, and was i surprised?

she asked to see photos and only got through 3 of them before saying that she had no doubt that our relationship was a legitimate marriage and that she was going to approve me.

she said that the way they do it now is to enter everything into their new computer system that’ll spit out a greencard, which will then be sent to me in two weeks. she said that the old way was to stamp the passport, but this system is so efficient that they don’t have to do that anymore. she said that IF i don’t get the card within a month, to make an appointment through infopass (i presume denver must have that now) and they will stamp my passport there and then.

she informed me that if i wanted to have dual citizenship, then america and england have an agreement whereby i can do that. she said this is something i may or may not want to do. i can do this in about 2 years 9 months.

the whole thing lasted about 20 minutes. she congratulated us and saw us out the door.

I know the congratulations are late...but CONGRATS...I hope my interview will be as nice as yours
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

hopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the rough

didn't want to start a new thread for this, but i just received my 'green' card it arrived in under two weeks.

I read somewhere that you don't actually have to carry the card at all times...you just have to be able to produce it if needed...so in reality you need it with you...coz you don't know when someone will want to see it!! LOL
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:58 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrea874
I'm jealous! I want mine!!!
Your time will come Andrea!, Have you decided what to wear yet?
Old Oct 7th 2004, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Your time will come Andrea!, Have you decided what to wear yet?

Haha I was concerned about what to wear for the interview! That came and went already!!!
Old Oct 9th 2004, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

GoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant future

Hmm, I don't carry the green card with me at all. I have at at home with my passport. All I have in my purse is my driver's license. Why would you need to have your GC on you all the time?
Old Oct 9th 2004, 10:22 am
Bishop John MightBe

MightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GoodGirl_J
Hmm, I don't carry the green card with me at all. I have at at home with my passport. All I have in my purse is my driver's license. Why would you need to have your GC on you all the time?
Permanent Resident Card
The Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551, is issued to all Permanent Residents as evidence of alien registration and their permanent status in the US. The card must be in your possession at all times. While that does not require that you have on your person at all times, it does require that you have a currently valid card and that you know where it is and can show it to an immigration officer, if requested. The Permanent Resident Card currently is issued with a 10-year validity. You status as a Permanent Resident does not expire with the 10-year validity. Only the card expires. The card is only valid up to the expiration date and must be renewed before it expires
Old Nov 12th 2004, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

tracyku is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to you our interview is Nov 23rd in Denver I am sure we will have something to be very thankful for on thanksgiving
Old Nov 13th 2004, 7:31 am
Brenda Ballard

Default Re: Successful AOS Interview

great......congratulations to both of you
what is your timeline......
brenda

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.