Successsssss!!!!

Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:50 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Successsssss!!!!

Conditional Green Card Approved, I-551 stamp in passport!

Hi guys!! All those good wishes must have paid off! We were in and out of the building in 30 minutes. Easy parking, no line at the metal detector and there were only a few other people waiting in the waiting room with us. After a few minutes, an officer came to get us, and even though I tried to get him to warm up, he was all business and said very little. Both he and his office were quite disheveled and I was a bit surprised by that - reminded me more of a mad-scientist-type than an immigration officer. He ask me how I met my husband, and noted that I was under income in 2004, and ask how many hours I worked now. I gave him my employment letter. He ask if we had kids together. I had tons of other papers and files and stuff, but he wasnt interested in any of it. At one point he squeezed his eyes shut and tipped his face towards the ceiling and stayed that way for what seemed like a long time, which was quite unnerving... He looked to be in deep concentration or something... then he looked thru his thick file some more, mostly looking at the I-864 and did some calculations on the 10-key. He ask to see our picture book that we brought, went thru it quickly, and handed it back. He did not keep any pictures for his file.

Then without explanation, he stood up and ask Asghar to sign a paper that he put in some cover so that he couldnt really see what he was signing, and took a fingerprint... then had us both sign some other document. Finally, he ask Asghar a question for the first time, and that was: Did you bring your passport? To which the answer was yes, and without saying more, the officer took the passport and started stamping and signing it. He handed it back and said, "you are now a conditional resident" and explained about filing the I-751.

I told the officer that the interview letter said that if we brought a picture that Asghar could get a temp card and he said that was only if he didnt have his passport. I tried to talk him into it by saying how cool that would be though to have an actual card, but the officer wasnt going for it and just said that the stamp was good enough and the actual CGC would come within 6 months. We thanked him profusely, at which he almost smiled, and then we were out of there, with time to spare on the parking meter!

Yaaayyy!!

Last edited by USA & Pakistan; Apr 28th 2005 at 6:55 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:56 pm

maximus76 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Successsssss!!!!

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan

Hi guys!! All those good wishes must have paid off! We were in and out of the building in 30 minutes. Easy parking, no line at the metal detector and there were only a few other people waiting in the waiting room with us. After a few minutes, an officer came to get us, and even though I tried to get him to warm up, he was all business and said very little. Both he and his office were quite disheveled and I was a bit surprised by that - reminded me more of a mad-scientist-type than an immigration officer. He ask me how I met my husband, and noted that I was under income in 2004, and ask how many hours I worked now. I gave him my employment letter. He ask if we had kids together. I had tons of other papers and files and stuff, but he wasnt interested in any of it. At one point he squeezed his eyes shut and tipped his face towards the ceiling and stayed that way for what seemed like a long time, which was quite unnerving... He looked to be in deep concentration or something... then he looked thru out thick file some more, mostly looking at the I-864 and did some calculations on the 10-key. He ask to see our picture book that we brought, went thru it quickly, and handed it back. He did not keep any pictures for his file.

Then without explanation, he stood up and ask Asghar to sign a paper that he put in some cover so that he couldnt really see what he was signing, and took a fingerprint... then had us both sign some other document. Finally, he ask Asghar a question for the first time, and that was: Did you bring your passport? To which the answer was yes, and without saying more, the officer took the passport and started stamping and signing it. He handed it back and said that you are now a conditional resident and explained about filing the I-751.

I told the officer that the interview letter said that if we brought a picture that Asghar could get a temp card and he said that was only if he didnt have his passport. I tried to talk him into it by saying how cool that would be though to have an actual card, but the officer wasnt going for it and just said that the stamp was good enough and the actual CGC would come within 6 months. We thanked him profusely, at which he almost smiled, and then we were out of there, with time to spare on the parking meter!

Yaaayyy!!
WTG, Marnee!
congrats!
I am sure the gc will come in mail in just couple of weeks
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:58 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Then without explanation, he stood up and ask Asghar to sign a paper that he put in some cover so that he couldnt really see what he was signing, and took a fingerprint... then had us both sign some other document.
Asghar's signature and fingerprint was for his green card - the other document that you both signed was, more than likely, to say that you'd been told about having to remove conditions. (I have my portion of that document on my fridge so I'll never forget when I have to do it myself)!

Congratulations!!!!!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all
Talking Re: Successsssss!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS To both of you

Happy days....................

I hope the "Green" Card comes soon

Best Wishes

Sue
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:14 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys!! All those good wishes must have paid off! We were in and out of the building in 30 minutes. Easy parking, no line at the metal detector and there were only a few other people waiting in the waiting room with us. After a few minutes, an officer came to get us, and even though I tried to get him to warm up, he was all business and said very little. Both he and his office were quite disheveled and I was a bit surprised by that - reminded me more of a mad-scientist-type than an immigration officer. He ask me how I met my husband, and noted that I was under income in 2004, and ask how many hours I worked now. I gave him my employment letter. He ask if we had kids together. I had tons of other papers and files and stuff, but he wasnt interested in any of it. At one point he squeezed his eyes shut and tipped his face towards the ceiling and stayed that way for what seemed like a long time, which was quite unnerving... He looked to be in deep concentration or something... then he looked thru his thick file some more, mostly looking at the I-864 and did some calculations on the 10-key. He ask to see our picture book that we brought, went thru it quickly, and handed it back. He did not keep any pictures for his file.

Then without explanation, he stood up and ask Asghar to sign a paper that he put in some cover so that he couldnt really see what he was signing, and took a fingerprint... then had us both sign some other document. Finally, he ask Asghar a question for the first time, and that was: Did you bring your passport? To which the answer was yes, and without saying more, the officer took the passport and started stamping and signing it. He handed it back and said, "you are now a conditional resident" and explained about filing the I-751.

Yaaayyy!!

CONGRATS I bet thats a relief to have it all behind you. Hope you have something special planned to celebrate!! So very happy for you!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome news, congrats to you both....and jealous now that I didn't get stamped

Drinks on you then
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Woo hooooooooooo! Congratulations Marnee & Asghar!! What a relief...now you can get to a normal daily life for the next couple of years!

HUGS,
Rene
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Taterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud of

Yaaayyy!!
Hey Marnee! Speedy successsss......even better! Congratulations to both of you. Hey I know what you mean about the officers not smiling.....squeezing water from a rock would be easier than getting immigration officers to smile! LOL All the best you two!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yahooo

Yup that was the I-89 that he signed which will be used to make his green card and you probably signed the letter stating you were told about removal of conditions.

One down, one to go ... removal in one year and 9 months.

Rete

PS Glad that the karma worked
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:03 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey way to go Marnee, I bet your both relieved.

alan

Yaaayyy!!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

bridgecross will become famous soon enoughbridgecross will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Successsssss!!!!

Happy dance!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Woohoo!!! Congratulations to you both. What fantastic news!!!

Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! That's really good news. Congratulations, Marnee!

Elaine
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Osric is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! Hopefully, on Monday I'll be joining you.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:09 pm
Gin
Forum Regular

Gin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really nice

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.