Reload this Page >

Successful visit while K-1 in progress

Wikiposts

Successful visit while K-1 in progress

Old Dec 31st 2002, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

PeteJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Successful visit while K-1 in progress

I have my K-1 interview date in London for the 23rd of January but wanted to visit my fiancee over the Christmas period. We decided to risk the visa waiver route.
I had a letter from my employer stating when I was expected back and a couple of bank statements along with a copy of my interview letter from the embassy.
I arrived into North Carolina from London on Saturday with very few problems. Questions were something like this:
Q. Purpose of visit?
A. Holiday.
Q. Who are you here to see?
A. My Girlfriend
Q. Are you engaged or intend to get engaged?
A. We are engaged.
Q. When are you getting married?
A. May 17th
Q. Where are you intending to live?
A. Here in US.
Q. Has your fiancee filed a petition?
A. Yes - it has been approved.
Q. Will you be coming as a K-1?
A. Yes.
Q. How long are you staying this visit?
A. 2 weeks.
Have a nice visit - see you in May!!!

He did not ask to see any proof and didn't seem to have any information on the computer about the visa in progress - unless he was asking me those questions to make sure they checked out with what he had on his screen!!

I just thought I would share this positive experience as I know it is a concern to many people on the K-1 journey.

Pete
Old Dec 31st 2002, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

just curious, which airline did you use from london to north carolina, and how much did it cost you???
im pleased you had an uneventful trip and good luck for your interview
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

PeteJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I used American Airlines direct flight from Gatwick to Raleigh Durham. It cost me about 270 pounds round trip.

Try UNIJET - www.unijet.com and look in scheduled flights

I have found that they tend to be the cheapest along with Delta that fly into Atlanta and connect to either Charlotte or Raleigh.

Hope this helps

Pete
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

My Pete is here now visiting on the VWP. He did get a secondary interview this time but got in with no problems. It's making me a VERY happy person, lol. Now if the TSC will just cooperate and give us that 2nd NOA!

Mrs. Strickland, try browsing Expedia.com for some good fares. Keep your eye out for bargain fares especially.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point

Greg also came for a visit while K-1 was pending.. he even went to the US Virgin Islands with me and my family. He got in with virtually no questions asked. I'm so glad he came because I don't think I could have survived for this long without him. He just left 2 weeks ago and I'm already dying to get him back here. Nebraska told our Senator that called it may be 6-8 more weeks, so a visit to England might be in order. We already spent 4 months apart last year, so I'm a bit over it. The time has come for us to be TOGETHER!

Good luck to everyone and I send you lots of positive immigration energy!

Tash
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 3:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mrsstrickland
just curious, which airline did you use from london to north carolina, and how much did it cost you???
im pleased you had an uneventful trip and good luck for your interview
MrsS,
check out the discussion forum "cheap flight tactics" at eurotrip.com
http://www.eurotrip.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=80544
You'll find a great list of transatlantic deal makers there. We just flew one way LON-PDX on NW Airlines for less than 300 GBP each. Keep in mind that West Coast fares (US) are *much* higher than East Coast.
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Karib is an unknown quantity at this point

One question.. I assume since the K1 interview is imminent, u have all the stuff u need for the interview, including police certificate. I heard before that if u travel to the States after u have received the police certificate (and before the interview) it invalidates that certificate.

Maybe someone could confirm that.
Old Jan 4th 2003, 1:22 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Karib
One question.. I assume since the K1 interview is imminent, u have all the stuff u need for the interview, including police certificate. I heard before that if u travel to the States after u have received the police certificate (and before the interview) it invalidates that certificate.

Maybe someone could confirm that.

It doesn't invalidate the police certificate. However, if the US Consulate has already done the FBI security clearance, it might well invalidate that. Has been the case with at least one person using the US Consulate in Paris.

Rete