Reload this Page >

Successful reentry using I-751 NOA/extension letter

Wikiposts

Successful reentry using I-751 NOA/extension letter

Old Mar 6th 2007, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough
Default Successful reentry using I-751 NOA/extension letter

Well, I was slightly nervous about Mahir getting back into the country on Sunday from his business trip as his GC expired on the 25th of February. He had with him his extension letter (which of course arrived a week after he got the stamp in his passport) and his expired GC. He told me that when they got off the plane there was a huge line for United States citizens and GC holders and no line for the visitors. He also stated there were no immigration people helping the US line and everyone helping the visitors line! When he finally got to see someone they quickly let him in and the only thing they told him was that he needed to send back his GC because it was expired. That's the only thing I questioned because doesn't he turn that in when he goes into the office to be processed after he receives the approval letter? I'm confused and I don't entirely think the officer knew what she was talking about. All in all I'm just glad he didn't have a problem getting through Immigration because he almost missed his connecting flight because of other problems (luggage, etc.).
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Successful reentry using I-751 NOA/extension letter

Originally Posted by MMA2002
Well, I was slightly nervous about Mahir getting back into the country on Sunday from his business trip as his GC expired on the 25th of February. He had with him his extension letter (which of course arrived a week after he got the stamp in his passport) and his expired GC. He told me that when they got off the plane there was a huge line for United States citizens and GC holders and no line for the visitors. He also stated there were no immigration people helping the US line and everyone helping the visitors line! When he finally got to see someone they quickly let him in and the only thing they told him was that he needed to send back his GC because it was expired. That's the only thing I questioned because doesn't he turn that in when he goes into the office to be processed after he receives the approval letter? I'm confused and I don't entirely think the officer knew what she was talking about. All in all I'm just glad he didn't have a problem getting through Immigration because he almost missed his connecting flight because of other problems (luggage, etc.).
They made me turn in my greencard when I got the stamp at an Infopass appt...
Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

alect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nice
Default Re: Successful reentry using I-751 NOA/extension letter

I was told the same thing by a POE officer - he explained that if I didn't and it got lost it would cause problems (especially if someone got it and tried to use it)

Anyway I still have mine with holes punched through it (so that it can't be used) and I have since entered several times on my 10yr card with no problems.