Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Successful K1 Interview and a Warning!

Wikiposts

Successful K1 Interview and a Warning!

Old Dec 8th 2009, 7:34 am
Just Joined

UKUSA6167 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Successful K1 Interview and a Warning!

Hi everyone
I just wanted to share my experience at the London Embassy today.
Arrived at the embassy at 8.20am for a 9am appointment and was through security and in the building by 8.30.
At about 10am I was called to the first window where a sweet, friendly oriental lady took my paperwork. She only took my fiancee's tax transcript for last year and a letter from her employer, even though I offered 3 years transcripts and several recent pay stubs.
After paying the cashier and signing the forms, I then waited till about noon before I was called for my interview. This was conducted by a very friendly, laid back older gentleman who asked when we had met, when we got engaged, had I visited her in the states and had she visited me in London?
The CO then started to tell me about arranging delivery of my passport and carrying my xrays when I fly to the states. He then said "Well, I guess you're free to go" and I actually had to ask him if that meant the application had been approved! The whole interview took less than 5 minutes and at no stage did anyone ask to see the emails, boarding passes and photos I had brought as proof of an ongoing relationship.
After floating on air to the courier company's desk, I was brought down to earth a little when I was told that since Dec 1st, they no longer accept cash payments and will only accept credit or debit cards. I ended up leaving the embassy with my pink delivery slip after being told the company will phone me when the visa is processed and I can pay by card over the phone prior to next day delivery.

We haven't posted much on this forum but have been reading it since we first became engaged nearly two years ago. This wouldn't have been possible without your expertise, experience and willingness to share and help others. Thank you to everyone who has helped without even realising it and good luck to anyone still involved in the K1 process!

Kat and Steve
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Successful K1 Interview and a Warning!

Originally Posted by UKUSA6167
After floating on air to the courier company's desk, I was brought down to earth a little when I was told that since Dec 1st, they no longer accept cash payments and will only accept credit or debit cards. I ended up leaving the embassy with my pink delivery slip after being told the company will phone me when the visa is processed and I can pay by card over the phone prior to next day delivery.
Congratulations, and thank you for that piece of info!

Rene
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it wen well.

Tracey.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 1:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on a job well done.

Thanks for the info on the credit/debit card necessity for the courier payment.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all

thanks for the info....yep these guys are awesome...just like you

i'll be having an interview very soon....and somehow your post lift up my hopes that mine would be as simple as what you've been through....with regards to the interview questions and documents....

again...thanks
Old Dec 9th 2009, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Mint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jeimz7
thanks for the info....yep these guys are awesome...just like you

i'll be having an interview very soon....and somehow your post lift up my hopes that mine would be as simple as what you've been through....with regards to the interview questions and documents....

again...thanks
Yes, it could indeed be that simple but dont let that lull you into a sense of false security, make sure you take any and all documents and evidence of relationship you can rustle up, just in case you get another type of Interviewer who might just want to see everything. and dont forget to photocopy EVERYTHING ..Good Luck
Old Dec 12th 2009, 11:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKUSA6167

We haven't posted much on this forum but have been reading it since we first became engaged nearly two years ago. This wouldn't have been possible without your expertise, experience and willingness to share and help others. Thank you to everyone who has helped without even realising it and good luck to anyone still involved in the K1 process!

Kat and Steve
Congratulations Kat and Steve, and thanks so much for the courier info; I've added the links to the sticky thread and we'll copy that info into the wiki.

See you again soon for Adjustment of Status!
Don't forget to apply for your Social Security number about 10 days after arriving.