British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   successful fiance visit during I-129F/k-1 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/successful-fiance-visit-during-i-129f-k-1-a-115768/)

mca Nov 4th 2002 6:47 pm

successful fiance visit during I-129F/k-1

Just thought I'd let those who are interested know ... my fiance arrived yesterday from Germany, without a problem. POE was Chicago. He said all they asked was what he was doing here (visiting his girlfriend) and how long he was staying (two weeks). They weren't really interested in his answers, either. Then they stamped his passport, and he went to catch his next flight.

We sent in the I-129F to Nebraska, first NOA September 11.

mca

gracejilly Nov 4th 2002 7:15 pm

On several occasions, they have failed to take the visa waiver out of his passport when my fiances leaves to go back home to his country. I really wonder if they know who is in the country and who left. Unbelievable.

Olivier Nov 4th 2002 7:49 pm

I think that's the airline company who has to collect the visa waiver and not the INS.
When I was waiting in line last time I went to the US I saw a girl who had a lot of trouble with the immigration officer as she still had her visa waiver from last time in her passport. She had to follow another officer in an office. Wonder if she was delayed or rejected.

Olivier.

Originally posted by gracejilly
On several occasions, they have failed to take the visa waiver out of his passport when my fiances leaves to go back home to his country. I really wonder if they know who is in the country and who left. Unbelievable.

Caro Nov 4th 2002 8:20 pm

The airline takes the I-94 departure record out of your passport and it is my understanding that they give it back to the INS (otherwise, it would not make sense at all).

On several instances, the airline staff would have forgotten to take my I-94 out of my passport, and I have always reminded them to do so before boarding the plane to leave the US to go to France.

The airline lost the I-94 departure record of the brother of a friend of mine (from France both people), and now he (the brother) has a really hard time getting back in the US because INS is convinced that he overstayed the VWP. I do not know if he tried to prove that he was in France for the time the INS belives he was in the US, but I believe that he has to apply for a tourist visa now whenever he comes to the US.

Anyway, make sure to hand the I-94 to the airline staff before boarding when you leave the US!!!!

Caroline

gracejilly Nov 4th 2002 8:50 pm

so now we are going to need to have federal government employees at ticket counters as well as at the security gate to make sure it is done properly.

Unbelievable.

Karib Nov 4th 2002 9:07 pm

Thanks for the post, mca.. as we have sent in our I 129f to Nebraska in October..1st NOA Oct 17 2002 and I hope to be going to the States in Jan 2003. POE will prob be Chicago as well..

nat Nov 5th 2002 1:57 am

I94

I have on two occasions not had the green card removed from my passport. I posted both to the US Embassy in my own country and received receipts for them.

I would imagine the same applies everywhere.

hmiller Nov 5th 2002 5:07 pm

Thanks for the info mca! So glad that he was able to get through without any troubles.

My fiance' is coming this Sunday (November 10th). POE will be Seattle, WA. I'll make sure to post an update next week.

1st NOA - 06/18 (Nebraska)
Still waiting on 2nd. Heard it could be as late as January/February.